How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
RIT = Rochester Institute of Technology?

hahaha sorry I just had to do that. Sorry I couldn't help ya out there Albert. Solution: DON'T USE DEODORANT! Only showers and cologne for me, Piiiiiiimp!
Hahaha, maybe I should just shave my armpits...

Dammit Matt, I went to University of Rochester, RIT has some real ah.. quirky people there hahaha.

No worries, I think i'm going to buy some hardcore dye with soda ash etc.etc.... all the necessary items to get this bitch dyed right. I'm not about to lose out on something like this.

-Albert

27-01-2005
V.I.P.

And take Ale's advice about Old Spice!

28-01-2005
fashion insider

Oh my! I`m so sorry about your fab Dior Homme Shirts!

I work in a Designer Boutique and we are often faced with Deo or Make-up Stains on clothes (from customers trying them on), here is what we do in these cases:

BRUSH THE STAINS OFF!

I don`t know the proper english word but there is a thing as "Textile-brush" (it won`t damage the fabric!) - it`s a special brush for clothes - AND WE ALWAYS GET EVERYTHING OFF!

I hope yopu somehow understood what I mean and that the brush will save your Shirts!

28-01-2005
Swim Upstream

Help! Deodorant stains (the yellow ones)
Ok I have no shame - do you guys know how to get rid of the yellow deodorant stains from under the oxters?

28-01-2005
V.I.P.

Oh, oh. Actually, Albert started a similar thread the other day. Those are really tough to get out.

<EDIT> Oops, I just saw the difference betweent the two threads .

How about colorsafe bleach? It's not really colorsafe, of course, but... Maybe try with one piece that you don't cherish?

Last edited by faust; 28-01-2005 at 05:41 PM.
28-01-2005
tea time

if its white i bleach it i have the art down to a T. its also handy for red wine stains too!

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
28-01-2005
trendsetter

Try using crystal deodrants they do not leave your shirts stained.

Or use Oxyclean with your laundry.

Better yet, toss the bloody shirts in the bin.

28-01-2005
Swim Upstream

[QUOTE=faust]Oh, oh. Actually, Albert started a similar thread the other day. Those are really tough to get out.

[QUOTE]

I thought the other topic title was very funny. Liked the implication that yellow ones are really embarassing.

But its a problem for someone I know -whose laundry I slavishly do! I have tried bleach but not so good where its a coloured item.

thanks to you all for your tips- I'll try them out next time I see a big yellow one.

28-01-2005
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelmama
Try using crystal deodrants they do not leave your shirts stained.

Or use Oxyclean with your laundry.

Better yet, toss the bloody shirts in the bin.
can't do that at 90 a pop. I am not made of money unfortunately. might try the crystals.

28-01-2005
backstage pass

[QUOTE=helena][QUOTE=faust]Oh, oh. Actually, Albert started a similar thread the other day. Those are really tough to get out.

Quote:

I thought the other topic title was very funny. Liked the implication that yellow ones are really embarassing.

But its a problem for someone I know -whose laundry I slavishly do! I have tried bleach but not so good where its a coloured item.

thanks to you all for your tips- I'll try them out next time I see a big yellow one.
hahaha, nono I just wanted to set the stain issue I was having apart from the yellow stains that's all. Both are of course quite undesirable and I too have ruined many white tees with the damn yellow stains. So much so that I've nearly ceased buying expensive white tees.

I hope you can get the stains out!!! Vinegar soaking was suggested to me for my white deodorant stains and after an overnight soak, it really lightened them. Didn't remove them completely, but got them to the point where they aren't too noticeable, especially since that part of the shirt is tucked under my arm most of the time anyways. It was just a hard lesson to learn (also at around $180-200 a pop like you).

-Albert

29-01-2005
flaunt the imperfection

i have never really found a solution...
as has been said before...there are several ways to lighten them significantly...
i find th eoxy stuff is remarkable...

but i don't think anything can get rid of it all together...
one recommendation to avoid them in the first place is to wash right away...with a good soap and air dry...

the heat from the dryer can set stains making them impossible to remove...

i would not recommend buying too many expensive wht shirts...

14-02-2005
Swim Upstream

Damaged Coat!!! Please help
I put my lovely (dry clean only) Cacharel coat to get dry cleaned last week having thought that it was looking a bit on the shabby side. I was noticing the fabric was looking a bit tired and the pile had lost most of its initial sheen.

When I got the coat back from the drycleaners the fabric is even worse - there's a very short, very fine lighter 'fluff' almost coming out of the fibres of the weave. Because this fluff is lighter in colour (i.e not black) the coat looks quite bad. I have tried a sticky roller to try & lift some of this ooose but since it seems to originating from the fibres of the coat themselves, it isn't working.

I am really upset about it because I really love the coat & it was 400 so it ought not to be a cheapo fabric.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to improve the look of the coat? I think it needs dyed but I am really not sure about dying a wool coat.

Maybe the fabric is just poor quality though....

any help would be most welcome.

14-02-2005
backstage pass

I am really surprised that a coat from a reputable fashion house would do this. It would be worth writing a letter to the company, it maybe that you're not the only one to have probs with this fabric. However, many fabric suppliers have to produce a test report when submitting the fabric which would have included stability to rubbing test. I'm sure they would have done their research.
Perhaps the yarn itself was not dyed until it had been spun into cloth, hence why a lighter colour fluff is coming through.
Is it piling in specific areas (underarm, hems etc)
What is the fabric composition say on the label?
What about taking a wool razor to it?

Swim Upstream

thanks fashion puss

the composition is

55% wool
20% polyamide
10% silk
15% viscose

No the ooose seems to be coming out all over. actually the dying processs you suggested might explain it. Maybe I should write to Cacharel direct & complain. I have had it for two years but I don't wear it every day in winter & I never wear it in summer.

14-02-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

You can buy lint shavers from Innovations catalogue...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
control, damage, fashion, tragedies