How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-06-2009
oh! darling

Going braless - do you?
Of course there are times when it is acceptable to dress this way. Many girls who wear certain tank tops and dresses don't wear them, and sometimes these articles of clothing have built in bras.

But today, I took mine off because it was itching me and when I passed by the mirror, I saw that because the shirt was black you really can't tell.

The other day -don't ask me what website it is because I can't recall for the life of me- I ran across a blog that talked about nipples because lately, all they've seen are celebrities' nipples sticking out through their garments.

Is this never okay to do? If I keep it out, I know my boobs will reach the floor before I'm 30 years old. Do some females do it because they can, or do they even do this at all?

In runway shows, I know that designers aren't keen on giving their models under garments so if a boob is seen because it pops out or the material is sheer, oh well! But can that be the point of the clothes, that a little subtle nudity is intended if the buyer decides to go bra-less?

(If a thread like this exists, pardon. "Bra" is a three-letter word that the search function HATES.)

24-06-2009
trendsetter

I love not wearing a bra but it depends on what I wear. I have a halter dress that I got from American Apperal that you really can not wear with a bra (my mother hates this dress). Do not reccommend women with a more bigger bust go bra-less because you end up looking kind-of trashy. Plus, keep in mind, there are times and places that should not go bra-less.

24-06-2009
Power to the 99%

You've seen those women in National Geographic, right?

24-06-2009
V.I.P.

My new favourite thread !!
you've read what I said on the models street style's thread, didn't you papa levante?

So my opinion is that girls with no bra on the streets can look very sexy ... wearing a non-transparent shirt. Although not all the girls can look good wearing no bra, the breasts' size is important for sure, I'd say too big breasted girls would not look good, and depends on the outfit itself.

Well I wouldn't allow my gf going out with no bra though.

24-06-2009
oh! darling

Oh, you are so silly, Filipe!

Quote:
the breasts' size is important for sure, I'd say too big breasted girls would not look good, and depends on the outfit itself.
I agree with this statement. I didn't really consider size because mine are small, and I was only concerned with how MY boobs would look. :p

Like Florecita says, there are certain outfits where you couldn't wear one. But right now, I'm feeling pretty free from the Wire Demon! Then again, I'm at home where no one can see. But I feel pretty darn perfect.

Last edited by papa_levante; 24-06-2009 at 09:32 PM.
24-06-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Let's talk in 15 years

24-06-2009
V.I.P.

Truth be told, I do this with frightening consistency, about 3 days out of the week at least...

V.I.P.

there has been a focus on nipples lately. especially with victoria beckham stepping out like this.
dailymail
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nip.jpg (64.5 KB, 23 views)

V.I.P.

I think, no matter what breast size you are YOU SHOULD ALWAYS A BRA!!!!!
It's never a "good" look without one....end of story.

24-06-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
there has been a focus on nipples lately. especially with victoria beckham stepping out like this.
dailymail
I suppose if one is willing to redo the implants every 10-15 years, there's no reason to worry about National Geographic issues ...

24-06-2009
trendsetter

Look-wise, it's very cultural. It's more common and accepted in Europe than the US or Asia. As long as the fabric is heavy enough to cover up what needs to be, I see no problem in propriety anywhere. Being braless and looking braless are two different things.

For daily use I opt for camis with in-built bra because bras can be so constricting.

25-06-2009
front row

It really depends on how big your assets are, the material of the piece of the clothing, the occasion, the local culture....

When I'm back home in Cape Town I tend to go bra-less several times a week, because it is definitely more comfortable and the tops/dresses I wear allow for it. It is also more common I would think than in the Northern Hemisphere...

Back in London/Europe in general, I have only gone bra-less on a number of occasions, usually evening wear that looks better sans bra, and rarely during the day. I have seen a few women wearing sheer tops and going without a bra, which I would say is a definite no-no, it looks trashy IMO.

25-06-2009
tfs star

i have pretty small boobs, so i go out all the time without a bra on - it's just way less complicated/waaay more comfortable that way. if whatever i'm wearing is too sheer i usually go with a darker color

V.I.P.

i am with clocked

25-06-2009
V.I.P.

I like going braless if I'm positive that my nipples are kept concealed (not poking out through the clothing or anything like that). And I "hang loose" all the time when I'm at home. In fact, the bra is the first thing I throw off when I reach home ... sometimes even before I kick off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post

But today, I took mine off because it was itching me and when I passed by the mirror, I saw that because the shirt was black you really can't tell.
Just don't have photographs taken with a flash then. I once wore a light coloured bra under my black dress and it looked perfectly fine in the mirror when I checked. It was NOT fine when I saw the photos taken with a flash! You could see my entire bra!

Last edited by Bluestar07; 25-06-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
braless