How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2009
Power to the 99%

^

Think of it as a Margiela effect ... the ironic bra

27-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^

Think of it as a Margiela effect ... the ironic bra
I will give you karma for that.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

If I went out without a bra on I would cause serious damage to my body! I am a D cup, and need support It's actually way more comfortable for me to wear a bra than to go without. Plus, I love lace and girlie things, so lingere is a pleasure for me rather than a bother

doldrums

It depends on what I'm wearing. If the shirt is low cut or sheer I wear a bra or cami underneath.

28-06-2009
front row

i almost never go out without a bra because my bra-size is 32DD. it's hard to find fitting clothes and usually my tops are tightest around my bust so imagine going out without the bra. i'm braless only when i'm wearing corsett, or a clothing that has built in bra or support.

front row

well i only have a B-cup so i could go without one if i wore a loose shirt and no one would be able to tell but it would feel grossss

backstage pass

I miss being braless all the time, but I suspect no difference is being made by wearing bras since pretty much none of my bras fit me. Every time I get a new bra my size changes noticeably right afterwards.

30-06-2009
fashion icon

i can't i just can't :shakes head:

V.I.P.

This is a level of comfort that doesn't belong to the city for me, I just find it tacky and in the case of Sofia Coppola, who's totally channeling the 'morning after' look, a little dirty, not because one can see her breasts but it's effortless in a bad way, I get the impression that not only she didn't make the effort to find a bra but she also didn't make the effort to take a shower or even find a toothbrush.. I don't know, perhaps I have way too strict ideas about the way women should dress in.. urban activities, I find it a lot more stylish when women wear bras just as cool as their outfits .

I think the only places where not wearing a bra is perfectly fine by me is at a nightclub (with a certain kind of dresses or tops) and on the beach or rural areas, when you're in full relaxation, wearing very easy clothes and the lack of crowded and formal activities just invite to not care so much about clothes.. (and yeah, I'm totally the let's-run-naked-through-these-fields type of wacky traveler ).

In short, I just dislike this in the city.. just like I dislike people swimming in tshirts and/or underwear instead of swimwear.

Last edited by MulletProof; 30-06-2009 at 10:08 PM.
02-07-2009
Riot Bug

i rarely wouldn't wear a bra but i think with some kind of dresses or tops with the open back its a must do not wearing them...

backstage pass

As another big busted lady (32E), I think going without a bra would be hideously painful!

02-07-2009
fashion icon

i would feel naked without one on.

scenester

I'm fairly small (B on a good day) and I went out to breakfast without a bra a few weeks ago without thinking.

BIG MISTAKE! I was wearing a jersey tank top and felt myself jiggling and swaying with every step! I pointed it out to The Boy who said he definitely noticed but didn't say anything because he thought "it looked good". WTF?

I learned my lesson: The Girls need support!

03-07-2009
scenester

i really don't think it's a big deal, even though i personally wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.

but i saw a very bad example of it today, a woman with big breasts and a very short and low cut dress that was a bit transparent and she wore no bra. that was very bad.

Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquettish View Post
I'm fairly small (B on a good day) and I went out to breakfast without a bra a few weeks ago without thinking.

BIG MISTAKE! I was wearing a jersey tank top and felt myself jiggling and swaying with every step! I pointed it out to The Boy who said he definitely noticed but didn't say anything because he thought "it looked good". WTF?

I learned my lesson: The Girls need support!
I must say ... I have left the house without deodorant, without a watch, without my wallet, without my driver's license, without jewelry, without lipstick or gloss (one at a time!) ... but never yet have I forgotten my bra

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
braless