How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2008
Power to the 99%

Well, this is actually something I know a little something about ... having both been in the position of not being able to afford much when I was younger, and having spent much of Saturday with women who left their homes under inauspicious circumstances with only the clothes on their backs, working with them on their wardrobes.

I always take a box of fashion magazines, and while not everyone's interested, believe me, many are.

I can tell you that when given a chance, they really do care what they wear ... they absolutely want to have beauty in their lives.

And it's true that you don't have to have money to have beauty in your life ... you can pick wild flowers, for example. IMO we can none of us afford to forget beauty ... we can't afford to let life get that ugly.

15-07-2008
front row

Naturally people want beauty and many are interested in fashion. I'm saying that $100 a month does not mean a crappy apartment, Ramen, and "thrifting". It means barely surviving. I think some people were thinking poor like some kind of romantic bohemian lifestyle and I don't think that's really what the original poster was talking about.

16-07-2008
windowshopping

first, what does IMO mean ? haha .. .....

secondly, yeah, haute couture fashion isn't going to be pocket change for most people, but you can find lots of great deals online (ebay etc) or in vintage shops ! as long as you feel confident in what you're wearing, whether it be $50, or $700, it'll look like a million bucks .

having style is also a huge part of it, you can't just throw on well known labels and call it fashion.

oh! darling

Quote:
irst, what does IMO mean ?
IMO means "in my opinion."

Quote:
you can't just throw on well known labels and call it fashion.
Very true. My mother shops at thrift stores. She rummages and found some Prada heels, Anne Klein shoes, Nine West heels, etc. and looks the most sophisticated at her work without paying a massive amount.

windowshopping

^ Wow seems pretty obvious now haha, I feel dumb. Thank you papa_levante

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
affordable, fashion