How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2005
V.I.P.

You oviously have a nateral gift then.

16-02-2005
crossed wires.

My love of fashion has always been there too supposedly...I just remember constantly drawing princess dresses over and over when I was young and different dresses and outfits and giving them names.... I particularly remember one looking like a black and white tiered wedding cake with a matching hat and I called it 'too choosy' for some reason

I think its also from some of the little matching outfits my mam would dress me in that I just loved wearing, another initial influence were the disney films, in particular Beauty and the Beast I used to sit by the fire in my house with my housecoat tied round my waist and spread in a perfect circle on the floor like in one of the scenes

My mam always had me doing crafty things at home; art, drawing, small sewing projects, knitting, cross stitch, embroidery, taking me to art galleries, museums and national trust houses with fantastic interiors. She also kept a 'dressing up bag' of her old clothes that I used to make outfits from or just used to prance about in around the house.

I just love it

16-02-2005
V.I.P.

thats so sweet. I used to have a belle dress when i was about 4 it was gold silk and from the disney shop, i have it somewere still. Couldnt bare to throw it out, im such a horder.

16-02-2005
V.I.P.

I don't remember

16-02-2005
crossed wires.

omg! I'm soo jealous! I always wanted one of those! I had 'jasmine from aladdin' pyjamas instead I love those to pieces, unfortunately they went in the charity bag *cry*

great topic btw

16-02-2005
V.I.P.

my friend had those we used to swap them...

16-02-2005
Swim Upstream

I was obsessed with ballet dancers dresses. My Mum bought vogue so I used to devour it. My gran was also realy interested in clothes. My Grandpa (on my dads side ) was a tailor so that helped too as his house had loads of old patterns & fashion books from the forties in it.

16-02-2005
V.I.P.

do you still have them ???

16-02-2005
Swim Upstream

There is still some fabric I think - huge rolls of it. The patterns and books are long gone. When my grandpa died my mum found a beaded flapper dress in the house & chucked it out - what an idiot? sad really.

16-02-2005
V.I.P.

very
how long ago did he die, because at the time it might not have been old enought to be cool if that makes sense. hey at least the fabric was saved. not all was lost

16-02-2005
V.I.P.

sorry that sounded rude

Last edited by snowqueen; 16-02-2005 at 04:24 PM.
16-02-2005
Swim Upstream

that was over 25 years ago

16-02-2005
backstage pass

I used to draw outfits and send them to Lady Diana!!

My mum taught me to sew and knit when I was really young, and it all started from there...don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Not a good industry to make money from!!

16-02-2005
ingenue

I moved this to personal style.

16-02-2005
V.I.P.

Initially, graduating from high school propelled me into getting as far away from that all-over state-of-mind as possible. Which meant no more looking like everyone else in boring stuff from Gap, etc. It's odd, though, because I never really thought about clothes much before that. I guess I just realized somehow that everyone around me looked the same; it was a clone situation. And I think seeing fashion and makeovers and stuff on TV more and more got me thinking about it. Sounds silly, I know. And as I've grown more and more interested in fashion, I've realized it's another creative and expressive outlet for me, just like making music, drawing/painting, and skateboarding. So there you have it, basically.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, interested