How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-08-2009
backstage pass

skinny jeans, leggings with shorts, cardigans.. everyone looks the same

21-08-2009
backstage pass

Mainly its typical high st fast fashion for most girls... although as the festival is on just now there is loads of dif styles going on which is nice to see... but as for the local girls tends to be the usual for the UK. Topshop, zara and H & M, with a light sprinkling of Gap, Dorithy Perkins and if they are pushing the boat out Monsoon... But not everyone is like that to be honest... that really is just my broad brush feeling on what I see. And there is nothing wrong with it really... it just would not be me as its just a bit unimaginative... you shop in the same shops each year and wear stuff that was couture a year ago and now high st! No real thought to their own style!

WSG x

22-08-2009
rock-chic

There's a mix - the High Street Trendies, the Tracksuit Brigade, the Smart Business Types, the Bland and Borings and a few, but not nearly enough of the Original Indidividuals (of which I am one, of course)

fashion insider

Everyone dresses GENERIC... ugh, so boring.

summer:
denim shorts, gladiator sandals, fake chanel bags, trying to be trendy everything from high waist shorts to stilettos with jeans, bright sneakers, unflattering belts under the boobs, skinny jeans for the boys, graphic tshirts & spaghetti strap tanks.

23-08-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepburn View Post
Hahaha I think so

It's pretty much the same over here, except there's tons of Abercrombie/Hollister, Juicy, TNA (the bags...I get nightmares just thinking about how many girls had them when I was in high school), the list goes on.
If there's a huge label on it, people will wear it.
Then there are leggings as pants, don't get me started

You have to go to downtown Toronto to get some actual style and inspiration from the clothes.
mmm... this exactly!!! Oh god the TNA bags... someone gave one to me as a gift... let's just say someone else somewhere out there is making good use out of it

V.I.P.

In my town, it's definitely very casual, borderline frumpy in some cases. For many people, it's all about comfort, so it's a North Face, a pair of jeans, and then either flip-flops, trainers, or Uggs. There are a lot of people who do "thrift store chic" and I don't mean in a good way, and then there are people who are the slaves to the trends but don't do them well. A lot of people have a pseudo skater/surfer/punk look, and the emo look really took hold when I was a high school senior. There are very few people who do a nice put-together look, and those who do get positive attention.

23-08-2009
fashion icon

The majority of people where I live are either Chavs or total hippies (as in the long haired, no washing, tie dyed hemp trousers type), so they dress accordingly

23-08-2009
front row

typical surburban dull...

23-08-2009
front row

Chicago has about every group you can imagine. Some include:

1. Teen girls with logo Gucci/Coach/LV purses, UGG boots (winter) or gladiator sandals (summer), north face giant logo down coats (winter) or leggings with baggy shirts (summer)
2. "Gangsta" guys with baggy jeans and GIANT embroidered jackets with black trainers
3. Business types with suits, messenger bags, and often ugly/chunky dress shoes
4. Young or not so young girls with tight baby phat jeans and tight low-cut tops that are always incredibly unflattering and disturbing ; these girls love their Coach bags and logo sneakers too
5. Trendier girls with dark jeans and heels, non-logo purses, beautiful trench coats, etc.
6. Emo/scene kids with black hair, tight jeans, Vans/Keds, brightly colored jackets

23-08-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
Are Uggs seriously still in in London? Up where I live they had their moment (of course they weren't real Uggs) but now people have stopped wearing them completely it seems. . Not that I'm complaining whatsoever.
Well, they are round where I live, they are dying off a bit - but I bet in winter they will be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaymorning View Post
leggings as trousers teamed with flat shoes,
jack wills hoodies, tees & bags etc.
im sure theres more but this is what i see alot of on a daily basis
Snap, Jack Wills is far too expensive and boring, I can't be bothered with it.

24-08-2009
scenester

Many people wear the sari , another traditional dress is the salwaar kameez which is a long tunic and pants with a long stole. Colours range from vibrant to neon.
Since Bombay is much more cosmopolitan than other cities in India many wear dresses, skirts which is not that prevalent in other cities.
Alot of luxury boutiques are in Bombay including Lanvin, Gucci and Fendi

24-08-2009
trendsetter

people in rio dress as safe as it gets. denim trousers (or skirts), colourful top with a long necklace, converses or flats in all colours. if i wear TIGHTS in rio, i get looks. don't even think about high-waisted either (which i wear practically every day when in london)

but that doesn't mean they're not vain. as casual as they are, every millimeter has been thought of and their hair and nails are always flawless... i suppose the year-long good weather and beach culture influence the way they dress a lot. it's very care-free

30-08-2009
front row

i'm from new jersey.
the guido/guidette look is popular: bebe. solo pants, armani exchange, guess, marciano, etc.

but in my town and towns near me in general, not many people dress up unfortunately, not even just dress up but its the usual basic tee and jeans and some cute flats or sandals

it's hard to look put together sometimes n not be called "overly dressy"

30-08-2009
tfs star

In Sydney its your usual hipsters or the over the top vintage

plus there's you have the ladettes and the new trend in town is JEGGINGS!

Oh the horror to my eyes!

30-08-2009
front row

I've noticed recently that "gangsta" looking guys have been wearing boat shoes/mocassins like these:

esquire.com

Baggy clothes and those... It's the weirdest mix!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dress, people, town