How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2004
windowshopping

hi all
i'm trying to buy a pair of boot and i'm quite curious if i can suit cowboy boots as well,so any advise / example pictures would be greaaaaaat!!! hope u guys can help

18-03-2004
living in the sprawl

in the dark

i kid, i kid

Just be confident when wearing them, if you truly like them just wear them! thats all that matters!

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
18-03-2004
fashion elite

I saw a pair of fabo white with blue birds custom ones in the NYTimes Men's Fashion of the Times. If I had those I would wear them with jeans tucked in, a mantaylor, a little scarf/ascot around the neck (probably an Hermes twilly). I don't think I would wear cowboy boots though, it just isnt my style.

V.I.P.

with straight leg jeans

no tom ford, no thanks.

cowboy boots are just one of those fashion items that you really have to have a certain look to pull off...i've seen it done, but if you are the least bit iffy, you might consider another trend

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by MJCouture@Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:21 pm
I saw a pair of fabo white with blue birds custom ones in the NYTimes Men's Fashion of the Times. If I had those I would wear them with jeans tucked in, a mantaylor, a little scarf/ascot around the neck (probably an Hermes twilly). I don't think I would wear cowboy boots though, it just isnt my style.
ya i was thinking to tuck the jeans into the boot..but just dunno what kind of jeans would be better

and the other problem is i'm quite short after all..lol around 5'7.5,thats the problem .. trying to find some example of wearing that kind of boots to see if i could have a try haha

19-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

i think it's a VERY bad idea...tuck them in?>>>>eeek....i don't know where you live, but being in NYC...i think those things belong in the country or on a ranch...not in an urban setting...

sorry, but that's my honest opinion...i love pretty much every other type of boot, though...

19-03-2004
& b

I own a pair of black cowboy boots, they are super pointy, and they dont have all the crazy ornaments, just plain, kidskin leather, which I loove!.. I wear them with long, lean jeans, that only shows a bit of the pointy toe... and I once wore them with cropped jeans but that was a no no

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Mar 19th, 2004 - 11:57 am
I own a pair of black cowboy boots, they are super pointy, and they dont have all the crazy ornaments, just plain, kidskin leather, which I loove!.. I wear them with long, lean jeans, that only shows a bit of the pointy toe... and I once wore them with cropped jeans but that was a no no
see, now that sounds much better than tucking... that actually sounds very sexy...

leave it to ale....

19-03-2004
& b

:punk:

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 19th, 2004 - 11:50 am
i think it's a VERY bad idea...tuck them in?>>>>eeek....i don't know where you live, but being in NYC...i think those things belong in the country or on a ranch...not in an urban setting...

sorry, but that's my honest opinion...i love pretty much every other type of boot, though...
er...really?! i dunno..cause i have never got one before.

i have this idea because i always wear underground boot /iving in HK militarty boot..and i'm living in Hong Kong before so that isnt special to see if someone tuck their jeans into their boot.. / . \''

still couldnt find any pictures >~<

19-03-2004
front row

By not showing much of it. Really. I don't really like 'em on an urban setting. It's best saved for the ranch or something.

If I had one though, I'd wear a bootcut pant. They just seem to work together. Like this one from an article about Galliano's menswear.

19-03-2004
Soviet Camaro

cowboy boots = texas = gw bush =

none for me, thanks.

of course, you could always wear them "ironically" but as mentioned above, that is a bit tricky to pull off.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeijames@Mar 19th, 2004 - 4:19 am
cowboy boots are just one of those fashion items that you really have to have a certain look to pull off...i've seen it done, but if you are the least bit iffy, you might consider another trend
so true!
you gotta be ultra stylish to pull off that look

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
19-03-2004
trendsetter

Visit a western riding place and see how they wear them

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, cowboy, wear