How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-11-2007
What fresh hell is this.?

soft, Alright, don't care that much that it makes your head explode..
I guess what I meant was that you get somewhat indifferent toward it.. and I think when you do that you stop being as aware of people looking as you might have been before..

Haha crazy world out there..
When I was in London I didn't catch people staring as much as I do where I live. But then I probably shouldn't compare the two of them since only about 120.000 people live here

Last edited by Tinetush; 16-11-2007 at 06:43 PM.

16-11-2007
rising star

I love getting stared at! When I catch someone in the act, I just smile and wave.

16-11-2007
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer~ View Post
My reaction to staring is to wipe my nose on my sleeve. Gets 'em every time...

16-11-2007
backstage pass

Depending on the situation.
Understandable if i have my Louis Vuitton Keepall, or if im wearing my Dolce & Gabbana
Pointy shoes and if im strutting along like mIss Hilton.

flaunt the imperfection

so is that a good thing jetset?......

what do you mean...'understandable'...?

do you mean because you're so hot that of course people can't help staring at your fierceness?....and you like it?...
:p

16-11-2007
Zen
V.I.P.

I never don't notice....

16-11-2007
trendsetter

if i catch someone staring, i either get all awkward and uncomfortable or i simply assume something is wrong...like i have toilet paper stuck to my show or something

do you hope to get stared at..?
i'd hope only to get this kind of reaction from the onlookers:
and for a good reason

do you love the attention..??
if i feel its well deserved...

do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever?
like i said, i usually just assume there is something wrong (neg. attention)

do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway?
good lord i hope not

do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to?
yup. i know it isnt polite but, i cant help it.

do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU?
nunca. see ^above^

do you hate people looking at you?
usually it makes me uncomfortable, but sometimes it can be a confidence boost

do you wish you could just be invisible?
sometimes yes, sometimes no

do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you?
i love people watching, i could do it for hours. but sometimes i think we all want at least some attention for ourselves.

do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers?
depends. i dont ever really feel that im always being watched, so i never feel the need to hide

do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring?
sometimes

does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?...
it depends on the type of look, and the person who is giving it. if someone gives me the hairy eyeball, im going to glare right back

does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at?
sometimes, but then again it can sometimes make you feel really good about yourself.

17-11-2007
fashion elite

do you hope to get stared at..? Honestly, I really could not give two sh*ts.
do you love the attention..?? Depends on the situation.
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? I hope so! hahaa
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? Haha no, definitely not at 5'4. I'd probably trip over myself.
do you look people in the eye and check out what they are wearing to? No, unless it's a cute guy
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? I don't strut, thank god.
do you hate people looking at you? Again, it completely depends on the situation.
do you wish you could just be invisible? I think we all feel like that at one time or another. Especially if we do something embarrassing and feel humiliated.
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? Only if I notice they look hot.
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? Nope.
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? Sometimes.
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... Haha, sometimes. Not gonna lie.
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? Again sometimes lol

Last edited by softgrey; 17-11-2007 at 02:31 PM.
17-11-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
do you hope to get stared at..? definately not! so much so that it stops me from wearing what i love outside the house...yes, i parade around the house in my more 'fashiony' combinations...
do you love the attention..?? no. I prefer to be on the other side watching

do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? i've probably got something on my face...or my zip is down...

do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? haha no.
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? i definately look but the discreet kind (where you think you're discreet but kinda get carried away and plus when contact-less, i really have to 'look')...kind of like strawberry's train sequence...
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? haha pretty much...but at the same time i'm pretty blind without my contacts (which i hate to wear) so i generally only see body shapes...
do you hate people looking at you? not hate, i just don't really know how to react...am shy...

do you wish you could just be invisible? yes! sometimes... of course, if it's some outing or whatever, i want to look as nice as everyone else haha
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? yes! i love watching people and what they're wearing. i canNOT turn away if i see something nice being worn well! Of course as said by others, it can make you feel good sometimes...if they smile or something!

do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? honestly i think people are just busy thinking about themselves and their daily lives...

do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? as said, maybe something is wrong...

does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... haha, no
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? haha, no... i just scamper away... makes me uncomfortable

or are you completely oblivious and don't even notice it....

:p
... i think sometimes you can be oblivious...especially when you're daydreaming in your own little world...which happens to me alot...i miss my own station...repetitively...

interesting reading others responses...

Last edited by justlooking; 17-11-2007 at 06:36 AM.
17-11-2007
fashion icon

softgrey, i'm waiting for you to answer the questions too! :p

flaunt the imperfection

i know justlooking......
it's only fair, right?...

to be honest...
i am still trying to figure out how i feel......

but i will def do it...once i figure it out...

*i will say this...
if all the world is a stage....then i sometimes suffer from stagefright......

Last edited by softgrey; 17-11-2007 at 02:35 PM.
17-11-2007
V.I.P.

I dont normally notice tbh .. in a world of my own most of the time

But if i do i normaly feel a mixture of confusion, worry and paranoia im not a very confident person tbh.

My friend always notices though and normally tells me if people are staring.

when i do notice people staring if its in a good/curious nice way ill smile at them.

But if its in a nasty way ill go off on one .. normally talking to friends very loud about rudeness of staring. Or if im by myself ill just say "do i have a tele on my head or something ??" .. pet hate is people who stare

I like to people watch .. but i normally wont just stare ill say ooohh ur bags great etc. .. cos i personally hate not knowing why people are staring .. so like i always explain why lol.

But no matter how much people stare in a good or bad way .. im me i aint changing for no one .. so they can stare all they like.

17-11-2007
fashion icon

I don't know, generally I hate it when people stare at me - which isn't very often which is probably why it makes me so uncomfortable. Normally when people stare I think its for a bad reason, although because I'm a bit of a daydreamer I often think its probably that too - I have a habit when I'm not doing anything to go off into my own little world. If the person makes eye contact and smiles I normally take it as positive though. However, like I said I don't get many stares as I dress pretty conventionally. I love people watching and seeing what other people are wearing, I try not to stare though or look at a particular person too frequently if its in a place where people are sat down (like a café or public transport)

17-11-2007
V.I.P.

For me it depends on mood I'm in. If I feel great I think people stare cuz I look good, but if I feel bad I think theres something wrong with the way I look. And if they stare in a rude and obvious way I tend to star back until they feel uncomfortable and look away!

17-11-2007
V.I.P.

do you hope to get stared at..?- not necessarily, I'd probably have more time for my own stuff if people didn't distract me with stares that something keep me wondering.
do you love the attention..?- I guess.
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever?- No. like strawberry said, it really depends on who's the attention-giver, I definitely don't think cab drivers or random people think I'm 'cool', they're probably thinking 'what a way to horrify your body' or something along these lines.
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway?- for self-defense whenever the environment is feeling a little too dense.
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to?- sometimes. usually when they're staring too much in a judgmental manner and their own outfits are not worth of such a god-like attitude :p. other times I just like to bother people.
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU?- I pretend to.
do you hate people looking at you?- not at all. any publicity is good publicity. j/k.
do you wish you could just be invisible?- never, unless I just came out of a funeral or am going through severe depression, which hasn't happened in years really.
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you?- no, not really.
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers?- only when I've concluded that my outfit was a very bad idea or out of place.
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring?- most of the time I can't be bothered to dig further on how negative or positive their reaction was but I do feel very self-conscious if they've been just introduced to me and stared weirdly, I tend to think they didn't like me or just found me stuck up or pretentious, I don't know. Many times I've found out it was all the opposite. I used to think my sister's friends were horrified by the way I dress and it turned out that they loved it and they told my sister they wished they had the nerve to wear things so naturally, which I thought was very sweet.
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?- umm.. I feel threatened like that if I hear giggles and it's a bunch of fat stupid men.. they're so obnoxious and might even yell things, which does get on my nerves and makes me wanna punch 'em.
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at?- same as above.
or are you completely oblivious and don't even notice it- it happens sometimes.

Last edited by MulletProof; 17-11-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling. page format.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
feel, questionaire, stare, strangers