How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-03-2004
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 14th, 2004 - 9:01 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 14th, 2004 - 9:01 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-HBoogie@Mar 14th, 2004 - 12:55 am
Right now I'm a not-very-monied college student straddling the thrift stores and chain shops.
it's not supposed to be about how much money you spend on clothes, more about your choice of wardrobe and your personal style...which do you prefer...
[/b][/quote]
absolutely, it certainly is not about money.. i never spend much on clothes, personal taste and a good eye for mixing up is all we need HBoogie

14-03-2004
slightly dizzy

I don't think I qualify for avant garde or fashionista... I'm a basics kind of guy. If I have to squeeze into these categories, I believe I think avant garde but act fashionista, if that makes sense.

Besides, I don't take it so seriously anyway. It's just clothes anyway.

On a side note, something which really can annoy me tremendously is when people start judging, analyzing and intellectualizing clothes and choices too much. Like this guy who was disgusted by this person wearing Helmut Lang and a Louis Vuitton bag... You shouldn't mix minimalistic labels with "maximalistic" luxe labels because the philosophy behind them clashes. Oh purleaze.

I mean, I also know a lot of "useless" information about designers and houses, but...

etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by tott@Mar 14th, 2004 - 12:42 pm
I don't think I qualify for avant garde or fashionista... I'm a basics kind of guy. If I have to squeeze into these categories, I believe I think avant garde but act fashionista, if that makes sense.

Besides, I don't take it so seriously anyway. It's just clothes anyway.

On a side note, something which really can annoy me tremendously is when people start judging, analyzing and intellectualizing clothes and choices too much. Like this guy who was disgusted by this person wearing Helmut Lang and a Louis Vuitton bag... You shouldn't mix minimalistic labels with "maximalistic" luxe labels because the philosophy behind them clashes. Oh purleaze.

I mean, I also know a lot of "useless" information about designers and houses, but...
you are a bit avant guard tott
in a rather refined and totally relaxed way and i like that.

from both times i met you i'd say you dress in a non forced 'elegant' way
with discreet unexpected twists which i loved.

tres chic

Quote:
he hasnt got a clue, thats such an ancient trend.. he's stuck in the -early- nineties.. poor lost soul
people mix everything in any possible imaginative and creative way..
that's what today's style is all about. Total label looks are a fashion crime...
Call the style police

14-03-2004
Stitch:the Hand

How about labelling oneself as 'individual' or one-of-a-kind? Avant-garde,commercial,thrift,vintage whatever...it really all should boil down to individuality. I think I'd much prefer that title of style come to think of it,because its more so about eclecticism. Avant-Garde for me,is really just a way of thinking and choosing things that are outside the parameters of industry trends and rules.

14-03-2004
backstage pass

I don't fit into either of those categories. I guess I'm a fashion minimalist. I don't believe that you should put too much effort into looking good. I think that some people in either of the categories you just mentioned can often have that "tries too hard" look.

14-03-2004
V.I.P.

Hmm...I'm not sure; never really thought about it I guess...
I have a feeling I'm not particularly avant garde though.

14-03-2004
slightly dizzy

Wow, Lena. Thank you!

rising star

Well it really depends on my mood - some days avant garde others fashionsta, is that allowed? Who cares.

14-03-2004
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

im moody @ times fashionista other times faSHION MESS!!

etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by tott@Mar 14th, 2004 - 8:47 pm
Wow, Lena. Thank you!
its only the truth tott

14-03-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 14th, 2004 - 1:47 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 14th, 2004 - 1:47 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pradaromance12@Mar 14th, 2004 - 1:35 am
i guess fashion elite?not sure...maybe someone could choose for me
that's why i didn't put the topic as fashion elite but avante garde...because i think everyone would like to consider themselves elite and you all are...imo

but pradaromance...please don't take this the wrong way, i'd say you are a fashionista if ever there was one...i truly mean that in the best possible way...you've got all the hottest pieces from all the hottest collections and you are always right on trend...and fabulously so, i might add...i love it! [/b][/quote]
yes, now that you mention it probably am a "fashionista"... thanks softgrey

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
identify