How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-12-2007
trendsetter

i was really organized when i lived at home - my mum's an architect to having a huge closet with all sorts of divisions was essential. but now i live in halls so i basically just shove everything in and shut the door really quickly. it's a nightmare to decide on what to wear!

31-12-2007
scenester

Hi!

I organize my closet first by colour. All my clothes fit into five colour categories; jeans, printed or multicoloured (these are all mixed about two of following colours and also organized by that colour mix), white, red, grey and black in this same order. Jeans, multicoloured, whites and reds in upper rack and greys and blacks in lower one.

Second criteria is type. First sleeveless tops, short sleeve tops, long sleeve tops, shirts (also by sleeve lenght) and jackets. Then trousers (by lenght) and skirts. And finally dresses.

Third criteria is heaviness from lightest to heaviest. Although off-seasons all always last...

-Jutta-

31-12-2007
scenester

^^by length of course!

-Jutta-

10-01-2008
fashion icon

my closet in my dorm. it's TINY for the amount of clothes i have...but i managed to have everything neat and tidy and organized.

im thinking of documenting a digital form of my closet onto my computer. like take pics of every one of my garments and store them on my computer. instead of going through my closet to find outfits, i just go through my digital library and mix & match it on the computer, than i look for the pieces when i decide which pieces to take out. save energy and good way to keep the closet organized at all times.

my closet is organized by the garment types and the hangers are color cordinated as well.

the garments are in this order, from left to right, jackets/coats, dresses and long skirt, jeans and scarfs. on top, i have tops rolled up on both sides and all my short skirts are in the boxes.

half of my shoe collection is at the bottom of the closet, mostly boots

closeup of my rolled up tops. i find, by rolling your tops, it's easier to take out and store away, easier to manage as well.

i am by no means a super neat or organized person, but when it comes to my closet, i take good care of it. by having a neat closet, it saves alot of time trying to find things.

10-01-2008
girl who fell to earth

the digital thing you're talking about sounds like what alicia silverstone's character, cher, had in clueless

very cool

it's great that you manage to stay organized with such a small amount of space..
it can definitely be a challenge

10-01-2008
oh! darling

I kind of throw everything on the floor. Eventually, I get to it!

But everything is color-coordinated, first by style (short-sleeve, tanks, sweaters) and then by color with white leading the pack.

Pretty simple.
Shoes stay by the door. Socks and underwear in a drawer. Easy.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
the digital thing you're talking about sounds like what alicia silverstone's character, cher, had in clueless

very cool

it's great that you manage to stay organized with such a small amount of space..
it can definitely be a challenge
haha, really? i never seen the whole movie so i have no idea

yea, it was a challenge cause i NEVER fold or roll my clothes before when i lived at home because i had a big closet back home. but now i have to roll up my clothes...i dont really like it, but what can you do right!

11-01-2008
front row

Every once in a while I try to organize my closet by colour but that usually doesn't last longer than a week. I do like to have some sort of a system when it comes to different types of clothes, I put tops together, skirts together, dresses together, you get the idea

some pictures:

front row

This is a sneak of my crazy closet. Most of my stuff is in suitcases somewhere in my closet and in other closets in the house. Others are in drawers. My fabric collection is on the right and mainly on the shelves that are in my closet in the right that you can't see in this picture. The bottom is like a mess, so I'm not even going to go there.

11-01-2008
fashion elite

uhh. organizing closet? no way.
pretty much i just put the stuff that needs to be hung up on hangers and put them up, shoes on the floor... and like jackets go with jackets, dresses with dresses, shirts with shrits..

..sometimes.

12-01-2008
scenester

just took some pictures for another side, could post them here too

first my closet with boots in the bottom, jackets hanging, and jeans/pants, teeshirts/shirts/tanks on shelves, scarves in a boxes and some random storage at the top.
second is drawers with shoes, socks, underwear, belts and nailpolish(no room for it in the bathroom...), and dresses, skirts, shirts and the bags i use the most hanging.
third is my shoes in boxes from the clear box, which i love

rising star

^^^ Oh wow, that's so perfectly neat. I'm kind of in love... My closet just has everything stuffed in, and everything's falling off hangers... It's a sign I have too much I think.

12-01-2008
scenester

^i'm kind of neurotic, yes
i always put the things i don't use away. it takes up too much room in the closet and i like that it's clear to see, what i got.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myideaoffairies View Post
i always put the things i don't use away. it takes up too much room in the closet and i like that it's clear to see, what i got.
See this is what my closet should look like

12-01-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by myideaoffairies View Post
I only wish I were this neurotic. It makes everything so easy to find and looks so nice. I don't even dare post what my closet looks like because I'm sure some people would cry at how horrid it is.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closet, organize