How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-06-2003
V.I.P.

I love them!

Great closet

02-06-2003
Day Dreaming

I am so JEALOUS!

rising star

I have a walk in closet and it's almost as big as my bathroom... and I keep all my clothes, shoes, bags and other accessories there.

On the left wall:
black/brown/grey tops, jeans, white/pink/beige tops, pants

On the right wall:
dresses, various tops, outwear, skirts

On the wall in the middle:
handbags to the left and shoes to the right

On the fourth wall in some cupboards:
accessories, like sunglasses, hats and scarfes

02-06-2003
Procrastinator.

Leyla, all your shoes are ridiculously amazing.

I used to have a big walk-in closet in my old room, but I had to share it with my parents. Then my brother and I switched rooms and I have a tiny little closet and I am still freakin' sharing it with parents' clothes!

http://www.shopstyle.com/users/hboogie
02-06-2003
rising star

Layla, i love your bright red shoes! everybodys closets sound so roomy and orginized. I have a victorian house, so my closet is tiny, maybe 4ftx4? all my clothes are shoved in messily, and i can't walk in anymore because my shoes are all over the floor. I have a friend whos closet is almost as big as my room. *sigh* life is unfair.

02-06-2003
backstage pass

oh my goodness gracious !

i can't write about my closet...............it's not very well endowed!!

02-06-2003
trendsetter

I cant either
I will always hear about other peoples!

02-06-2003
V.I.P.

Wow, you're so organized, Leyla. The folding looks good to me. I will sit and fold my sweaters until they are just right.

My closet room is pretty boring. It's a small room, nothing big. It's painted light gray w/glass shelves from Ikea serving as places to put my sweaters, tees, and polos. I liked the glass shelves because it makes my clothes look like they are floating, you can't see them and it is very minimal. I don't like chests and huge built-in elaborate wall coverings. I never clear out anything. I keep everything year round. I don't think anything I have is season specific.

When you first come in, to your left, is my glass shelf wall. They are about 8 feet long each. On the bottom shelf are my polos and tees. Second shelf are my crewneck sweaters and cardigans. Third shelf are my turtlenecks. I have enough for them to have their own shelf. Fourth shelf are my thicker sweaters and shawls. Not that I have that many items, but I like them spaced out.

Then on the next wall are my hanging items which are on these chrome and black racks I bought at Bed Bath & Beyond. They are only like $30.00 I think. On them are just my trousers, blazers, shirts and dresses. All grouped by color, which is mainly just black and white.

Next wall my dark gray cabinet, about 5 ft tall, that holds all my accessories and has a white orchid plant on top with a black and white picture of my bf walking my dog. It looks like it belongs in an office. Then a black bench, over the bench is a painting a girl did for me called 'Gorillas in the Mist'. It's very abstract, textured and extremely beautiful. It's almost all white with charcoal, yellow and gray touches.

Then on the last wall, the one that meets the door, is a steel bookshelf that my uncle made me filled with my shoes and bags. It's not as detailed as Leyla's, but I don't have as many cool shoes and bags as she does.

02-06-2003
trendsetter

wow, Astrid!

it's a ROOM! with a bench and paintings and everything. sounds lovely.
Maybe I could live in your closet

03-06-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by jules@Jun 2nd, 2003 - 11:57 pm
it's a ROOM!
It's very small. But you could stay if you wanted.

03-06-2003
retro queen

Oh Leyla & Astrid, what amazing closets.

I won't even mention my disaster, but now I know why I can never find anything.

03-06-2003
backstage pass

Astrid~ I love your closet/room it sounds like a mini boutique =)

Leyla~ what a great idea! I love how organized your items are, I never thought of polaroids... that's a great idea! I do have my bags in their felt bags, but I always have to take them down to see what's inside.

hmm... I need to reorganize my closet soon!

03-06-2003
yes

a guide to Sean's closet......

firstly you need to cross my bedroom floor...........although this migh sound like a simple task.....i must warn you......beware of c'd, magazines, clothes, underwear and anything else which may just be lying around on the floor. : ok you've been warned

secondly.....open the door of my wardrobe.....there are about 20 shirts....10 jackets.....10 pairs of trousers or so......lots of different record bags.....and hidden things i dont want people to find

lastly.....pass accross to my chest of draws where you find underwear....(not all mine)
about a GAZILLION t-shirts.....6 or 7 pairs of jeans.....sportswear.......nightware.....and everything else.....

jewellery and watches are located on top of the drawers......also any cosmetics and pills can be found there too......

03-06-2003
ingenue

over the weekend I reorganised (and "re-prioritised") my closet since I've been away for so long. it was such a mess. it's quite a smallish closet, but somehow I've managed to make everything fit - fairly neatly in my mind...though when I think about, it no matter what I do it will always appear, to the outsider, to be a perfect picture of chaos.

on the floor
- I have a rather large plastic chest of drawers, and I keep all of my flip-flops, flats, and trainers.
- on the floor are my "nicer" shoes...i.e. boots, heels, ice skates and dance shoes.

on the racks
- taking up half of the rail, from left to right my clothes are catagorised by item and colour: coats, dresses, short jackets and blazers, blouses, dressy tops.
- then there are my skirts, which take up the full other half of the rail, with over forty some-odd skirts catagorised by colour, style and length. (printed/peasant skirts all together, pleats, full-length, formal, and so forth) they're ehm...a bit squished...

on the shelf
- all of my handbags, lined up in no particular order.
- my hats, arranged as neatly as space allows.
- two large white boxes, full of books, magazines and childhood mementos. two porcelain dolls are randomly perched atop them.

on the door
- I have hooks attached to the doors, from which hang many of my belts, shawls and handbags with long, thin straps.

04-06-2003
& b

I dont have a closet
I have 8 hanger on wheels, like the ones from fashion shows, that you can move wherever u want. I have them on the back of my room, clothes are all mixed, exept my blacks, they are all organized. ...they have this small and fragile shelf on top, for sweaters, and clothes I hardly use.
On the floor, all the boxes with its shoes. I have like 30 pair of shoes. I have one hanger full of belts, one with ties, and one shelf with boxes, that keeps my wristlets, portfolios, and my two briefcases. I have big plans to organize my closet.

I have 8 of these

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closet, organize