How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-01-2009
windowshopping

La Vanguardia, you leave me in awe. I love it. Now I'm itching to run to my wardrobe and save my clothes from the piles they currently lie in.

06-01-2009
scenester

LibertyRose, I have an extension, too! Needed some space for my shoes to breathe, you know?
La Vanguardia I am packing my bags and coming to live in your closet. Don't worry, I supply my own food.

Here's my closet(s) (explanations for the numbers are on my blog):

07-01-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckoner View Post
La Vanguardia, just wow! Yours makes me run to my closet and fix it up.
Same here,actually,it makes me wish I had a closet. AllI have in my dorm room is a small wardrobe that holds next to nothing,I'm going to have to find some nice storage boxes for things

08-01-2009
V.I.P.

wow, your closets are all sooo organised mine is just a total mess in comparison

08-01-2009
backstage pass

ive been terribly lazy recently and have just been throwing things into my closet at the end of the day! I must must must tidy it soon!
Usually though, I just keep thing together like dresses altogether, tops altogether etc!

08-01-2009
windowshopping

oh my god this is heaven, on others forums ive been on previously ive always asked how people have their closets and for pictures (which we need more of here)

My Closet is a travesty! We're renting a place right now, it's horrible there's not enough space my poor clothes are all over the place my boyfriend has no room for his either..
Luckily we're looking to buy a place and move in over the next few months, and you can best your butts im going to get some custom closet work done!

10-01-2009
backstage pass

How do I organise my closet?

Not At All!, I'm afraid.
Sometimes, though, I wonder maybe it's a good thing my closet's not organised most of the time. That way I just pull out this and that and in the end I wind up with a bit of a rock'n'roll look.

rising star

La Vanguardia: HOLY MOLY your hermes collection! I wish I had my own house. I still live with my rents -.-

15-01-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotthesilver View Post
How do I organise my closet?

Not At All!, I'm afraid.
Sometimes, though, I wonder maybe it's a good thing my closet's not organised most of the time. That way I just pull out this and that and in the end I wind up with a bit of a rock'n'roll look.
Keep telling yourself that

I think if everything's where you can see it, you can mix things up more easily. Otherwise, you're maybe just wearing whatever's floating on top of the heap Having an organized closet doesn't fundamentally change your style

16-01-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Keep telling yourself that

I think if everything's where you can see it, you can mix things up more easily. Otherwise, you're maybe just wearing whatever's floating on top of the heap Having an organized closet doesn't fundamentally change your style
Let me tell you: Exactly half a day after I wrote about my messy rock'n'roll closet, I decided to bring some order into it!
I don't need everything to be organised and I can live with a little mess, in fact, but still my room is actually very tidy. The only thing I hadn't sorted since last summer was my closet. I just somehow didn't do it.
Of course I know that having my closet organised won't basically give me a different style. Also, I never took what was just "floating on top of the heap". I always pulled out something from behind, something where I couldn't see what it was at first. I kinda liked that, because it was actually a lot of fun. Just take things as they come, y'know! :p That's what I liked about it.
However, this thread made me remember that I had had in mind to organise my closet for quite some time and that in the end I had probably never done it just because I had kinda learned to live with it the way it looked and I had gotten used to the pleasure of just wearing the clothes that fate - or shall I say, that my hand - brought to me, without having to worry about what to wear that day in advance.
As I said, though, all the pics of your tidily arranged closets made me think of the days when I still liked my own closet to be organised and in addition, I had also just bought new clothes and that, of course, is more or less what it takes for a female person to find pleasure in re-organising her closet, isn't it?

backstage pass

I have such little closet space when I'm at home, as opposed to school. My closet is mostly my mom's stuff that she hasn't worn in years and she still won't remove it because she's quite stubborn. So my closet is arranged by whatever I can fit in it at once and where. I usually have a lot of dirty laundry because if I clean it too soon, there's no space for it.

19-01-2009
V.I.P.

everything of mine is still in luggages and bags, but organized in such a way: underwear in a compartment in the largest luggage, sweaters and tees in a bag and the rest scattered.. coats and heavy sweaters however are on hangers on the wall since they receive the most use.

i hope someday i'll find a more permanent dwelling place. a place where i could see myself living in more than a year.

20-01-2009
backstage pass

Are you moving all the time, gius or wha is it that you have to keep everything in bags?

scenester

wow this is soo inspirational. i must go fix my closet now! lol

21-01-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotthesilver View Post
Are you moving all the time, gius or wha is it that you have to keep everything in bags?
Oh I just feel like I might not stay here for as long as I thought
Might find a new place in the spring
It's cold in the winter, there's a draft and there's not enough sunlight It's big and spacious though and overlooks the ocean... *a little sad*

But really I have been living like this for almost 3 years
Only before it was based on roommate compatibility than the home itself

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closet, organize