How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-04-2009
LOVE

new very big closet. Iīm so glad I have it now, I thought itīs too big, but your closet can never be too big right!!! I let go of a lot of clothes recently that I didnīt wear anymore.

the are my fav clothes at the moment plus some of my jackets including my loved leather jackets.

shirts, tops and underwear...

pants, jeans and dresses

shoes and accessories is a little axtra room

all pics by me

Last edited by SusanSuperstar; 10-04-2009 at 03:31 AM.

11-04-2009
rising star

Great wardrobe SusanSuperstar, I wish I was that organised!

Have recently moved home and have gone from having four built-in robes (two in each bedroom of my old place) to one freestanding wardrobe in my bedroom, another freestanding wardrobe in the spare bedroom and a few drawers and shelves.

I've managed to fit in all my hanging clothes in the two wardrobes by replacing the wooden hangers with felt-covered ones (the wooden ones were too wide for the wardrobes, which are antique ie very narrow). Photos to come when I have tidied up!!

All my coats are in the spare wardrobe whilst my daily clothes are in my main wardrobe.

I have from left to right in order of colour from light to dark: shirts, blouses/camis, cardigans, skirts, dresses. My shoes occupy the bottom of the wardrobe and also the top shelf of the wardrobe in no particular order. I have one drawer each for underwear/bras, stockings and PJs/nighties; one shelf for sports clothes; one shelf for jeans; and one shelf for tops (tees, tops, singlets) and one shelf for bottoms (track pants etc). Unfortunately these clothes are in what used to be my space for paperwork, photos, and other things; so all my paperwork etc is in bags and it's very hard to find anything because I don't have any space.

Oh, and all my accessories (scarves, gloves, hats etc) are in a wire three-drawer thing that used to have papers in it from the study.

I'm going overseas for five weeks this Tuesday and when I get back I am planning to go shopping and get a big old chest of drawers for my clothes, then I can put my other stuff where it originally was. Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Antique-Engli...1%7C240%3A1318

11-04-2009
LOVE

^Iīm actually a very very very messy person but my closet is always organized!

I know your problem, before I moved into my big appartment, I had a walk in closet and it was so small I couldnīt berath in there. It was all a hot big mess. And I never found anything I wanted!

Iīm curious for your pictures!

11-04-2009
V.I.P.

I organize by colors in the closet where my clothes hang and after what type of garment in the one with shelf^^ But it's still a frigging mess..

11-04-2009
tfs star

haha my closet has never been introduced to the 'organize' concept

11-04-2009
rising star

In one double door cupboards i have shelves with my tops, jumpers, scarves and shoes. Then, next to these shelves I have my 'nice' tops hanging up by colour order, and on a lower bar i have my pants and skirts. Below them are my bags. In the next cupboard I have all my dresses and coats. I have storage boxes at the bottom of the cupboard below them for clothes i dont wear but can't throw away because they're sentimental.
Of course, this is all in theory. In actuality, it becomes a bit of a mess.

11-04-2009
backstage pass

So upon studying abroad I didn't bring any hangers with me because they take up a lot of space for stuff that exists everywhere. Turns out my host family doesn't really have any, only a few and the wire kind. So I'm fairly screwed.

There is an elaborate closet of shelfs, however. But it's so hard dealing with shelfs and stacking clothes one on top of the other. When I get my battery charger, I'll take a pic. Shelves make everything so much sloppier and harder to maintain order. Plus everything is in the habit of getting wrinkled.

The other day I tried to put shirts for layering with each other, clothes for colder weather with each other, sheer stuff together, and pants, skits, the like. But with the shelves, it looks kinda gross and things get lost underneath each other. I have 3 drawers. Top = Underwear/swim bottoms, Middle = Socks/Hosiery, Bottom = Bras/swim tops.

This closet would be so much more amazing if it were for, say, shoes.

12-04-2009
rising star

^No hangers?! eek. I know ikea sells quite cheap plastic hangers (better than wire!). Is there one near your host family? Perhaps you could buy some, and then leave them behind when you go home?

30-08-2010
trendsetter

i just discovered this thread.
i move into a new flat and got to choose a new closet.
i went with two simple 50cm wide 236cm high pax closets from ikea. i'm really happy with them
first i thought i had arranged them in the way i want it, but then i got the idea that i might want to get another clothesrail. but that'd mean i have to give up 2 sections of folded shirts and hang them.
right now i have 4 seperate staples (tanks, short sleeved, long sleeved and well... other stuff..) i'm not sure if hanging all the shirts is a good idea.
however if i hang them i have a bit of extra space -much needed space- to hang blazers or skirts...

do you hang your t-shirts or fold them? any ideas?

scenester

Hi!

I hang all my clothes except sportwear and lingerie. For me that way it's so much easier to select those ones I want to dress right now. And those not-so-good candidates are easy to put back where they belong.

-Jutta-

31-08-2010
What fresh hell is this.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scara View Post
i just discovered this thread.
i move into a new flat and got to choose a new closet.
i went with two simple 50cm wide 236cm high pax closets from ikea. i'm really happy with them
first i thought i had arranged them in the way i want it, but then i got the idea that i might want to get another clothesrail. but that'd mean i have to give up 2 sections of folded shirts and hang them.
right now i have 4 seperate staples (tanks, short sleeved, long sleeved and well... other stuff..) i'm not sure if hanging all the shirts is a good idea.
however if i hang them i have a bit of extra space -much needed space- to hang blazers or skirts...

do you hang your t-shirts or fold them? any ideas?
I fold mine.. I prefer it that way especially with regular t-shirts and tanks. Though I fold most of my clothe as there I don't have anymore hanging space, So the stuff hanging are the things that really needs it. dress-blouses, dresses, blazers, some jackets etc..
But, if I were you I would probably go for whatever solution that gives the most clothing space and the best overview.

I feel like re-organizing. Might do so later.

Last edited by Tinetush; 31-08-2010 at 05:40 AM.
31-08-2010
trendsetter

i think i need to try how much space the shirts take up when i hang them.
the problem i have to face: now i only have a 50cm clothes rail and i'd like to hang more pieces -thus this only works if i give up a bit of places from the folding shirts section.

backstage pass

I alphabetise my stuff e.g. coats then dresses..
It's rather sad but it's a must and within say dresses I would do it by colours.

31-08-2010
Some Like It Hot

^Thats exactly what i do.
My closet is organized into Trousers, then they go into Trousers, Jeans, Sweats.
and then another Rail is Jackets and anything similar, then they go into Shirts, Cardigans, Jackets and Coats, all of which go in color, its like a color chart in there.
and then t-shirts go into 4 draws and they all have their categories : Sports, Day, Bed and Designer Day, Then there is another draw for Pajama trousers and another for shorts.
and then i have one draw for Underwear, another for socks, another for scarves and accessories, at the bottom of my closet i keep all my shoes in their original boxes and once i've worn them they go back into their boxes until i wear them again.
as you may have guessed i have OCD .

backstage pass

Haha thats very similar to what I do, don't even get me started on my DVD collection or anything else!
I have to have Ikea spacer's too for my drawer's and shoe's

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closet, organize