How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-08-2010
front row

my closet is organized in giant piles of crap that fell off of the hangers, with the oldest crap toward the bottom of the piles and the newest crap on top :p

31-08-2010
Some Like It Hot

^Each to their own and all, but that is my worst nightmare.

trendsetter

ok: i finally realised that if two thirds of your t-shirts are either black or white sorting them out by color doesn't make much sense... *stupidme*

Geometric Discharge

Well I can't really go by how it looks now (I've just moved into a new place) but in my last house it was jackets in the left side of the cupboard, shirts in the right, underwear in the left drawer of the dresser, 'accessories' in the right, t-shirts and jumpers in the drawer under and trousers beneath that.
Shoes, generally on the floor.

03-09-2010
front row

I have one wardrobe which just houses my coats-capes-jackets-cardigans-suits + shoes in boxes on the top shelf + on the floor of the wardrobe.
Then another wardrobe next to it with tank tops folded in one pile - next to it short sleeve tops - then long-sleeve tops - then work tops. {all the cheaper items}
Underneath hanging are trousers - then all my more delicate tops (in order of designer - colour).
Under the hanging clothes are a small pile with my jeans, also folded..
In the next wardrobe I have dresses hung according to their use - work - summer - winter - special occasions - then skirts.
On top are a pile of winter tops, and on the bottom are some clutches/small bags.

I have OCD when it comes to my wardrobes..everything is in order...I only use wooden hangers, and I have to iron things before they just hung up..

03-09-2010
trendsetter

My closet goes like this: summer tops, dresses, winter tops, jeans then coats. Within each category, I organize by color in this order: white, gray, black, brown, yellow, blue, purple, pink, and red, except for dresses, where I color it code the opposite order so that way the colors mesh nicely. I also organize by sleeve length (i.e., first strapless, then tank, then capsleeve, then regular sleeve, then 3/4 sleeve, and finally long sleeve). I only use white hangers, except for pink hangers which I use on my favorite items that I tend to wear a lot. All heels are on the floor, and all flats are on of those shelves that hang from the rail. Purses are on the shelf above it, and scarves are on a coat rack.

What can I say, I'm quite OCD.

Last edited by Bella_Lass334; 04-09-2010 at 12:00 AM.
04-09-2010
What fresh hell is this.?

I'm curious. What about hosiery, socks and shoes?
How do you organize those, that is, if you do organize them?
by colour, style, material etc?

wouldn't it be interesting to have everything sorted by material, does anybody do that?

trendsetter

my bras and panties have their own seperate drawers, folded neatly. and i dont really wear that much socks so the few pairs i have dont really have a designated place of storage

front row

I have separate drawers: bras - knickers - socks - full-length & knee-length sheer and black tights - coloured & design tights. I then store my gym clothes and pjs in the bottom drawer (since it is cabinet with 6 drawers..)

05-09-2010
rising star

My wardrobe is divided into several sections; 2 hanging compartments for work clothes, dresses, 4 smaller compartments with bags right at the top, followed by casual clothes (folded), accessories, and bottoms. 3 drawers; one for my bra and panties, one for pjs and towerls, the other for cardigans, tights, and socks.

I happen to have a picture of it when it was first done. It's design to built into the wall, very spacious and now it is bursting. I'm embarrassed to show it's current state. Sharing the other half with my sister.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closet, organize