How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-06-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Jun 4th, 2003 - 6:15 pm
I have 8 of these
That's very similar to what I have.

05-06-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Astrid21+Jun 4th, 2003 - 7:36 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Jun 4th, 2003 - 7:36 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Jun 4th, 2003 - 6:15 pm
I have 8 of these
That's very similar to what I have. [/b][/quote]
LOL
i used to have those too!!!!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
05-06-2003
front row

Great thread Jules! Thanks!
I love that you have so many skirts Utopia , I really need to buy more skirts as well
The closet at my parents' house is about 10 years old and made out of white melamine. It's totally falling apart and hideous I keep all my old clothes that I hardly ever wear there, and now it's summer, my collection of really warm sweaters.
On the floor of the closet are some old shoes. Then there are a couple of drawers that I can hardly open for fear of the fronts falling off. They have underwear, socks, belts and tights in them.
Then, in my own room, there's this closet that isn't mine but has to stay in my room. It has all my books, plates and mugs in it, and on the bottom are two little closte spaces that have doors. This, ladies and gentlemen, is where I miraculously keep all my clothes. Open the right door and on the top shelf you'll find my pyjama collection. Next to it is a pile of shirts and tops. On the bottom shelf, there are my tshirts and next to that some trousers. From the upper shelf hangs a little drawer type thing that contains underwear.
Behind the left door hide (on top shelf) two piles of tops, and below some more pants and skirts. Then there's the twin of the underwear 'drawer' for my socks and tights. There are a couple of hangers from the side of the closet on which are some blazers and crinkle-prone pieces.
In a bigger drawer in another closet are some sweaters, and my shoes are lined up below that closet. I'm gonna move soon (the house I live in now is a temporary solution) and then I'll have more space to treat my clothes with more respect.

In Dutch ELLE, there used to be an article about somebody's closet every week (designers, a woman who was head of the fashion dept. of a museum, stylists etc.) , with pictures and an interview with that person about her personal style. That article was my favorite part of the mag every month

06-06-2003
windowshopping

Shoes divided in 4 categories:

Boots - long boots and ankle boots, left part of the closetīs floor.

Sneakers - middle since I only own like seven pairs.

Open Toed Shoes (Stilettos, High Heels, Wedges, Sandals, Flip-flops) - (I donīt like to wear open toed shoes to work) - right part of the closetīs floor.

Shoes - in my vanity case floor.

Closet is a wall to wall.

Left Part

Everything that goes on top. From left to right, coats to sleeveless T shirts, assorted by type and secondly by color. I also has this weird idea that sometimes I pick a brand that I like very much like Moschino and group all Moschino tops together, then place them at the right. Then, a beltīs hanger.

Middle Part

Drawer, In one bras and in the other panties. On top of it, beauty products for Hair/Skin/Face/Nails.

Right Part

From left to right...
Clothes that I wear to work, mostly suits, pants and skirts.
Then, clothes that Iīd never wear to work like club dresses, then some evening gowns, then some casual skirts and pants, and finally, jeans.

Handbags, in one hanger apart from the closet, not in their dustbag unfortunately.

Accesories all over the vanity drawer in cases.

And I forgot, parfums that Iīm currently using, all over the vanity drawer.

08-06-2003
rock-chic

Mine is a triple-fronted one with mirror doors so I can check an outfit from every angle.
One side currently has coats, though there are more coats & jackets in the hall.
The other has dresses, trousers, skirts & some tops.
Shoes & boots on floor of it

One chest of drawers -
Top - bra's & knickers
2nd - tights & stockings
3rd - socks
4th - not everyday underwear

Other chest of drawers -
Top - casual t-shirts/tops
2nd - work t-shirts/tops
3rd - better t-shirts/tops that don't crease

Storage boxes for bags, scarves, belts etc.
Pine chest for 'misselaneous items'

......and I also keep a number of outfits at my boyfriend's house which I swap between both places

scenester

Great Closets!!

I have two closets all to my own!

In my main one... MY hangers are all natural wood, I have it divided by seasons, spring/summer in one side... fall/winter in the other, and they change side depending on the current season... I have two shelves on top. Top most shelf is for storage of hats, Holloween goodies and other infrequently used things. Lower shelf has all my bags on the far side and folded PJs and workout clothes are on the other side. Finally on the botton I have LONG shoe rack with all my every day shoes.

In my dressing room I have my coat closet, which contains all my coats and cardigans

And in my living room, I have my shoe table... LOL! I pay quite a bit of $$$ for my shoes, so they might as well be decor! ;D

Here is a not so recent picture of the shoe table... currently there are strappier sandals on there... ;D

--Dommy!

08-06-2003
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.+Jun 5th, 2003 - 3:57 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Jun 5th, 2003 - 3:57 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Astrid21@Jun 4th, 2003 - 7:36 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro
Quote:
@Jun 4th, 2003 - 6:15 pm
I have 8 of these

That's very similar to what I have.
LOL
i used to have those too!!!! [/b][/quote]
Dont they come really handy??
I need to change them, cause I get this model attitude, and I start leaving clothes everywhere, and they tend to look messy and sometimes empty, cause all the clothes are over the sofa and my bed

V.I.P.

here is just a preview of my new closet...
i am not done sorting the clothes yet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg atlante.jpg (22.9 KB, 416 views)

05-07-2003
V.I.P.

another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg at1.jpg (22.6 KB, 376 views)

16-07-2003
V.I.P.

I love it, Leyla.

03-01-2004
scenester

What are some things in your closet?
and how do your organize it ?

can I see some pictures

03-01-2004
rising star

My closet has lots of jeans in it. And lots of graphic Ts. I'm really sick of them actually haha. But I just moved to a new, really big, house, but the closet, is soo tiny. It's actually a walk-in closet, but ... well you walk in one step and thats it. It's really small. So there isn't much space. [and its dark]. So i really wanna to shopping soon, to get some nice new clothes.

I really like fashionable sorta stuff, you know Tommy H., Guess, Dex and stuff from stores like Aritzia and stuff.
Any suggestions of stores?

03-01-2004
stories everywhere

I'm a big fan of pairing the usual with weird stuff. My closet is arranged in a rainbow-like affair. I wear jeans pretty much everyday and to break that monotony I tend to purchase lots of funky accessories and shoes. I think my closet (except for the jeans) consists of mostly small designers from the local boutiques in Waikiki and Honolulu, weird British shoes, ethnic jewelry I pick up on my travels and little quirky pieces from each season's offerings.

Melody Nelson

My closet is walk in and is arranged by designer and size

front row

Pants on the bottom. Shirts on the top. Sweaters folded on shelves.

And all my things hang on wooden hangers. I don't know why but I don't like having plastic and wire hangers.

"NO wire hangers!!"

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
closet, organize