How Do You Wear Fishnets? - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Fishnets are nothing to be afraid of. It would take a lot more than hosiery to get people confused about what kind of working girl I am That said, I do not wear plain fishnets; I always get a more complex pattern, like double fishnet or more of a crocheted look or I have some that have a small fishnet overlaid with a big pattern that looks like ballet laces going up your leg. I wore them all last winter and no one ever looked at me askance ... usually with long skirts with a slit in the back, which does in fact create a peekaboo effect.
me too i usually get them with a pattern, and i wear them with pencil skirts or jeans

scenester

I've worn fishnets over patterned or printed tights. It looks better than patterened tights on their own - the fishnet gives the leg more shape and gives the pattern more definition.

14-09-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozenges62 View Post
I've worn fishnets over patterned or printed tights. It looks better than patterened tights on their own - the fishnet gives the leg more shape and gives the pattern more definition.
This sounds intriguing, any chance of posting a pic? If not of your gams, then maybe find the look online? I'd love to see it! Thanks.

"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing left to add but when there is nothing left to take away."
14-09-2007
trendsetter

I attempted wearing them under a pair of semi-sheer black tights. It's a much more subtle approach and I loove it. Though I would like to try it with true sheer tights.

15-09-2007
scenester

Kmccormi, this is what I meant:

16-09-2007
botanizing on the asphalt

^very creative!

I used to wear fishnet type stockings with tall boots and skirts....so just a bit of the stocking was visible. Haven't really been feeling them the last few seasons though. Something in wool--ribbed or dense crotchet--feels like a better alternative to me, at the moment.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by laika View Post
Haven't really been feeling them the last few seasons though. Something in wool--ribbed or dense crotchet--feels like a better alternative to me, at the moment.
yes, exactly.

17-09-2007
the crying of humanity

I don't.

trendsetter

my favourate look with fishnets is a pencil skirt and my sheared (black) mink coat which just about covers the skirt. I alwasy wear black pumps with em too

03-10-2007
trendsetter

I got these baby-fine fishnets at Target. Although they're so fine it almost defeats the purpose. They mainly just look like sheer tights from a distance.

Luckily they look rad with my new shoes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sept30-085.jpg (91.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Sept24-004.jpg (164.3 KB, 4 views)

04-10-2007
windowshopping

from a mans point of view (well just my point of view) fishnets can make beautiful legs even more beautiful and if women wear them with style its just absolutely beautiful to look at.

i think it takes more than just fishnets to look like a hooker. a nice elegant outfit and fishnets are superb. fishnets with sneakers and a colorful outfit is also nice and damn funky. both of those ways of wearing fishnets are imo "hookersave" and i don't think people would perceive women as hookers if they wear it (just maybe really old guys who don't know what's up but who cares).

04-10-2007
trendsetter

I wear fish nets on my arms, lol. Then again, I am goth

backstage pass

Bump!

rock-chic

I have fishnets in several colours - black, red, purple & pink. If I wear them with a casual short skirt & flattish boots, I often wear a pair of over-knee socks on top

backstage pass

Generally with fishnets I try to tone down my general look a bit ..

I usually contrast the sexiness (sometimes even trashiness) of fishnets with conservative clothes & accessories ... so it tones down the sexuality of it.. or wear my hair messy .. Because with fishnets you can go wrong so easily.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fishnets, wear