How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2009
front row

It depends on the strength of the scent, but I usually spray once at the neck.

According to Christopher Brosius of CB I Hate Perfume, "You can prolong the life of a scent on your skin by applying an unscented lotion, cream or oil before you apply your scent."

24-04-2009
rock-chic

I use a good spray to my neck & chest area. I also have the matching body loion which I put on all over after my shower before I'm fully dry.

windowshopping

Yea your not supposed to touch the fragrance while its drying onto your skin, it bruises the scent, including rubbing them, they dry pretty quick so its best to leave it.
Also, your not meant to apply it behind your ears. The best places are biceps (for guys), behind the knees, wrists, inside of elbows, neck etc... where your body gives off the most exposed heat (i.e. not groin or feet).

I usually do 2 or 3 on the neck and one on each wrist. Sometimes i'll do inside of elbows, i don't have manly enough biceps for that to work :/ ha!

Tend to try and spray it half an hour before going out aswell, so it has time to get to the base notes of the scent (i also try to only buy Eau de Toilette or Parfum as they last longest).

Last edited by Volume_3; 25-04-2009 at 05:51 AM.
25-04-2009
windowshopping

I spray it in the air and walk under it, so it does not smell very strong, but in the hair, the flagrance stays long (i find)

25-04-2009
rising star

I've been wearing the same perfume for years now, so I can't smell it on myself. I try not to over apply, so it's one spritz on my neck, one tiny spritz on the back of my neck, and a little on the middle of the inside of my forearm. I don't spray it right on my wrists because I wash my hands a lot and would end up washing it off.

25-04-2009
In Bloom

I put it on the back of my neck, behind my ears, my wrists and my hair too... I find that the perfume spreads better that way

we were in love

25-04-2009
V.I.P.

I spray two times in my neck and chest, I sometimes put some also to my hair but it tends to dry out the hair.

25-04-2009
Geometric Discharge

Is spraying it on your clothes a bad idea?

25-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I don't do it ... I feel it could stain them, plus sometimes my perfume gets on my clothes around the neckline, and then if I want to wear something different, I can still smell the other scent. I'm sure some would consider this layering but my scents tend to be distinct from each other & I'm not convinced it's a good thing.

25-04-2009
V.I.P.

I also try to avoid my fragrances from getting into my clothes. The scent changes when it gets to clothing, I dont like it somehow.

25-04-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmingNicky View Post
I spray two times in my neck and chest, I sometimes put some also to my hair but it tends to dry out the hair.
Yes ... major alcohol content in scent. If you are careful to buy alcohol-free hair products, you probably don't want to spritz it on on top of them

25-04-2009
windowshopping

with perfume, I like to dab a bit on the inside of my wrists, on my neck and around my ankles.

With eau de toilette I just spray it everywhere, mostly on my clothes and hair

V.I.P.

isn't eau de toilette and parfum the same..
and cologne is just a masculin version of parfum?

25-04-2009
Power to the 99%

Perfume is the strongest form ... however, if the scent is strong, eau de toilette can be quite strong as well. I have never felt the need for anything more, as my blood vessels are close to the surface so my skin is quite warm ...

Oh, and cologne I think may be even lighter than eau de toilette, but as I say, I think the strength depends more on the scent itself than the formulation. It seems that most everything commonly available (for women anyway) is eau de toilette.

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 25-04-2009 at 01:10 PM.
25-04-2009
V.I.P.

On the rubbing wrist equals bruised scent topic, I read something from Luca Turin or Chandler Burr that it only makes the top notes less prominent, so it's just temporary it won't matter if you rub or not. I personally rub my wrists together when I'm using those tiny little sample tubes that you dab on just so I don't drip on anything!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fragrance, wear