How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-12-2006
V.I.P.

How do you dress, and what kind of make up do you use?

27-12-2006
fashion elite

I dress uhm... normal I guess. Jeans, mostly black pullover, but also other colurs. trouser size is actually normal; not too tight, but also not big or something. my tops are most of the times a size bigger, but also sometimes my size/tight
my make up is eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss and stuff...

that is me
(the one with the black hair and written on my arm is the latest pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_38100fddbe53a077820c0685a49f5113.jpg (32.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 14-12-06_1038.jpg (48.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 1-24.jpg (77.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0031-1.jpg (135.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 15-12-06_1529.jpg (65.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 15-12-06_1456.jpg (74.5 KB, 1 views)

27-12-2006
fashion elite

but i also tried to look older by "dressing up" and wearing more make up

but I never look older

(sorry for the double post)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dscf0134.jpg (59.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Dscf0133.jpg (59.4 KB, 7 views)

27-12-2006
V.I.P.

Don't take anything I am saying as offensive, you asked, I'm answering with what I think you could do

I think a thing that contributes to this is that you are quite petite. It does make you look younger, but if it is only natural for you, it is ok.

But as for clothing etc...

First off, I see for example shirts which show your abdomen. That is usually something teenagers do. Writings in arms, cheap jewellery etc is usually associated with youth. I don't think you necessarily should change your style, just take an objective look at yourself and modify it to a more mature one.

I also think the thinness of your eyebrows makes you look younger. Maybe there is also something you should improve on your eye make up, not change, but improve.

Don't take this too harshly, as you are very beautiful. I'm not here to judge you, I am just giving my opinion because you asked.

Brooklyn, baby!

wings, first of all, you're beautiful! Secondly:

I've struggled with the same thing for years. I'm 21 now, but people have been telling me I look young since I was like 16. When I was 16 people would say I looked 14, then when I was 18 people said I looked 16, and when I was 20 I'd still get 16. It sucked, especially since I have a sister who is 3 years younger than me and everyone thinks she's like 25!

But after I turned 21, I began to appriciate the fact that people think I'm younger because it's not like my age is holding me back anymore (I've been turned away from an 18+ club when I was 19!!!). All I have to do now is whip out my ID, and I love hearing people go "WOW, you're 21? I thought you were a lot younger!". It's kind of a compliment for me, because I just thinking that down the road I'm going to be really happy that I look young. Just keep telling yourself "in the end this will be a blessing, not a curse like it is now".

Last edited by TheKiwi; 27-12-2006 at 02:20 PM.
27-12-2006
V.I.P.

^ That's a good point too.

fashion elite

whiteLinen
thanks. m not taking this harshly.
my eyebrows are natural this way lol. i dont wanna paint on them because im bad in that. and im natural thin, so even when i eat a lot, i dont gain. for my tshirts, hah thats just the picture. normally all my tops go til my ***, because i hate when soemone sees me stomach. *put my bracelets off* thank you sooo much for the tips. if i know how to give karma, i would give you.
theKiwi
in germany you are an adult(sp?) when you are 18, so I feel good when all the kids have to leave the clubs by 12 and i can stay there. but whenever I meet someone they guess im like 14/15/16 and when i say im 19 they are like shocked, and i kinda hate it. i mean you are so right and everything, but kinda ... argh i donno ... I hate it

ah and thanks for saying m beautiful

27-12-2006
Brooklyn, baby!

Yeah... It does suck right now. I felt just like you do for the longest time. Then finally I realized just how lucky I am that I have this little "problem". At least we don't look older! While that might be ok now, I'm sure we'd hate it when we were like 35 and looked 45.

27-12-2006
V.I.P.

i would say tone down the eye liner, use brown or grey shadow to highlight instead.
otherwise... you have really nice skin from what i could tell for your age. that isn't a bad thing

27-12-2006
fashion elite

^I will try that, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi
Yeah... It does suck right now. I felt just like you do for the longest time. Then finally I realized just how lucky I am that I have this little "problem". At least we don't look older! While that might be ok now, I'm sure we'd hate it when we were like 35 and looked 45.
yeah true:p

27-12-2006
trendsetter

Okay... dont take anything I say the wrong way
I think for make up you should try less eyeliner and more blusher. It could be pink but doesn't have to be -try a brown shade? It will highlight your cheek bones and make your look older. Hair - fringes and hair clips tend to make people look younger, unless you have a mature face to start with. Try growing out your fringe? Also, facial piercings for some reason make people look younger because it tends to be a 'teenage' thing. But you might not want to take out your piercing. I think you would look more mature without it though to be honest. With clothes, small prints/polkadots/stripes are often young looking. Try plain coloured tops with added detail in the same colour, eg a black vest with black lace or interesting black buttons, etc. Also like somebody else said, the accesories you wear are like loads of 15/16 yr olds wear - jelly bracelets, studded belts etc. So basically I think you may have to change your overall style to look like you're in the 'adult' bracket rather than the 'teenage' bracket. Just my opinion though

Last edited by CHEAPandCHIC; 27-12-2006 at 02:47 PM.
27-12-2006
fashion elite

I try to grow out my fringe, I hate them. But i wont ever take my piercing out.

and as you can see, without the piercing, I looked as you as I do now

okay, I need a more mature style...

27-12-2006
V.I.P.

Good luck with "maturing"

You're very brave in order to take a subject like this up. Karma!

fashion elite

well you know. I try to change and you just try to help me.

11-09-2007
rising star

How to look more sophisticated?
Hi, I was just wondering if you could help.

I've never dressed particularly young and in the past few years have been taking an interest in fashion. I am addicted to TFS!
My style is quite simple really...not even really a style, because every time I branch out a bit, I know it just doesnt work. I dont wear logos or follow trends, and try to look clean and smart, with a little quirkiness, but for some reason I know that I always look so, well plain, and definitely not sophisticated.

I have an odd shaped body really. I'm slim, about a UK size 10, but my build is quite chunky, if that makes sense. Think Britney's legs and a thick waist...there is little definition between my hips and waist. But I'm flat chested, so cant carry off curvy. Clothes never seem to hang right on me. I have quite an awkward, rounded face, and I know I need to improve my posture (I'm working on it! Just started pilates) so I think that even when I wear very classic clothes, like a v-neck wrapover top and some slim fitting capris, I still look young.
I want to look sexy, yes, but moreso, I want to look sophisticated. I see women out who can wear jeans and a white tee and it looks stylish. I've really been paying attention to fashion, trying to figure out what colours and styles suit me, and sometimes I think I manage to co-ordinate things well but I'm sure it comes across as trying too hard, even if the outfit is nothing groundbreaking. The hair, the clothes, the make-up etc just never all come together. I keep my nails manicured, but my nails (like the main bit) aren't long and so even if they're perfectly kept, they look like teenager's nails. Never womanly.

Do you have any tips on adding a little sophistication into my wardrobe? I dont have much money (who does?) but I think I have a really strong set of basic pieces and a lot of accessories.
Are there grooming tips that can help? How do become a woman, stylishly?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
older, sophisticated