How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-06-2009
girl who fell to earth

i actually think that girl looks good as well...
for the reasons that softgrey already outlined...
her hair/makeup could have easily made it over the top but she's definitely not crossing the line..
her shoes are also not outrageous so that helps..

she's got a little cleavage peaking out but nothing obscene and the dress is form fitting and sexy as it is meant to be...

she looks like a pretty girl in a sexy dress to me

14-06-2009
V.I.P.

I mean, I like some of the Herve Leger dresses but it's getting to be overload. I have a few of the Express knockoff, but I don't dare wear them anymore-they just look vulgar on me. That's a downside of being naturally curvy-anything I wear gets me unwanted male attention.

14-06-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
i actually think that girl looks good as well...
for the reasons that softgrey already outlined...
her hair/makeup could have easily made it over the top but she's definitely not crossing the line..
her shoes are also not outrageous so that helps..

she's got a little cleavage peaking out but nothing obscene and the dress is form fitting and sexy as it is meant to be...

she looks like a pretty girl in a sexy dress to me
I think that's the beauty of this thread ... there is no right or wrong, and everyone's 'line' is in a little bit different place

14-06-2009
Confused & Bewildered

That dress is fine for an evening out clubbing or partying, nothing wrong with it at all. It's probably even OK for the event she was at.

But for the real world of work or social events, I think's it's over the moving line.

15-06-2009
trendsetter

Here's a great one: when in doubt, choose navy or gray over black!

Black heightens the sexiness quite a bit. A lace mini dress in navy or gray would look very different than the same in black.

So apparently the consensus is that curvy girls better watch ourselves. But neither do we want to look matronly. Any suggestions?

15-06-2009
flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I think that's the beauty of this thread ... there is no right or wrong, and everyone's 'line' is in a little bit different place
that is why i named the thread how to look sexy without looking like a tramp..when i started it...
or whatever it was originally...

'crossing the line' is ambiguous and subjective at best...and very hard to define...

looking like a hoochie is pretty much something we can all agree on...
and all want to avoid---most of the time anyway...

15-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post

Black heightens the sexiness quite a bit. A lace mini dress in navy or gray would look very different than the same in black.

So apparently the consensus is that curvy girls better watch ourselves. But neither do we want to look matronly. Any suggestions?
For me, a basic high-waisted skirt in a somewhat-loose material is very good. I also like low-rise things that make my waist look longer (of course, always covering the skin!) because that helps draw the eye away. Whenever I do a polo, unless it is one that only has one or two buttons, I always wear a tank top underneath it in order to keep from showing very much cleavage. For good basics, I like A&F's polos because they only have two buttons, meaning no cleavage.

The thing that gets annoying is when there is a great dress, very figure-flattering-and yet it has a slit in the back. I can't sew it up or add details because it would wreck the piece, unless I did something like a thick black lace.

15-06-2009
girl who fell to earth

yeah the line can change depending on where you are/what event you are attending/what time of day it is.... but a tramp is always a tramp

15-06-2009
Power to the 99%

I'm not at all sure that's true ... the picture above that we're disagreeing about would certainly be considered over the line by the majority of people where I live, to the best of my knowledge ... I think there are probably regional differences that come into play.

But considering we're talking about a dress that GG owns (in two colors!! ), I'm glad we're not discussing it in terms of 'tramp' and 'hoochie.' This is a topic where we could quickly and inadvertently cross from expressing personal opinions to directly insulting fellow members, IMO ...

15-06-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post

What I do is just bear in mind that everything is likely going to be a couple degrees more intense (at least ) on me than on someone built like a coat hanger, so I try to dial it down accordingly. I have also always had a personal preference for not showing a lot of arm/leg, so that kind of naturally has a dial-down effect.

I like your point about color ...

16-06-2009
V.I.P.

Thank you, ta ta...

Here is something I think most would consider over the line. I own this one too I thought it was too much at first and I still kind of do but I thought it was too unique to pass up. I figure I might as well while I'm young. It's not quite as naked as it looks since it's lined in nude fabric.

eluxury

16-06-2009
Power to the 99%

^ That's the spirit

It occasionally occurs to me to think I should have done more with that size 2 body when I had it ... it certainly isn't coming back Sometimes I hear young girls b!tching and moaning and it is all I can do to keep from butting in & giving them a really good lecture about appreciating what they have right now while they have it

22-07-2009
trendsetter

Why is everyone so afraid of the Hooker?

22-07-2009
backstage pass

Crossing the line is when you look like you just popped out of a men's magazine. I'm all for miniskirts and sexy tops, but not if you're boobs & butt are falling out.

22-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dego View Post
Why is everyone so afraid of the Hooker?
I would preffer to not look like one ...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
crossing, line, sexy