How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-03-2006
front row

No trends need apply here....
I follow my style which is pretty much classic and chic. I hate "trendy" clothes. Pieces in my wardrobe can be worn 10 years from now and still High Style....

25-03-2006
scenester

I have my own individual style, but recently I'm starting to think that trends are actually great! I don't have such a high budget for clothes (though I might go crazy on a beautiful high-end thing), so since I shop at H&M, Zara, Mango etc, my style is obviously influenced by trends. But my wardrobe mainly consists of basics, mainly plain tank tops in many different colors, or with lace edging, which I then layer under other basics. However, trends are great when you want to evolve your style (I like to change slightly once every two months, depending on my current inspirations). I mainly create my style by mixing accessories, or unusual clothes that I pick up in Berlin (great shops there ) with more trendy or basic pieces that you can find everywhere. The great thing about H&M, though, is that they generally have some crazy clothes that are trendy, but no one will touch because they make too much of a statement (like a sparkly black tutu). I love those items, which always give your individual style a new edge.

25-03-2006
backstage pass

Hardly anything. If I think that a trend will be big and stick around, I'll invest in it. Keep in mind that the LBD started off as a trend! I usually invest in one or two trendy pieces a season. It's all I can afford. Of course, I stick to what WORKS. IE: I'm five feet one inch, so the platform trend is great for me . Other than that, I stick to the basics. Bluejeans, tshirts, and a belted trench to keep it looking put together. I swear to god I want a belted trench in every colour.

29-03-2006
backstage pass

I like to follow trends but I tend to go for what I actually like instead of buying something just because it's in, I find that I rarely have to throw out alot pieces that end up being so last season.

fashion icon

Mostly my accessories: hair accessories, belts, shoes, bags, jewellery, but most of my clothes are my own unique style.

21-09-2006
front row

Some of my clothes certainly were trendy at the time of purchase, or will become trendy at some future moment. However, I never buy clothing on the merit of it being "trendy or not", I wear things all the time that aren't trendy. Boo hoo.

04-05-2008
windowshopping

I used to be a total trend slave. I've found that I look better in classic styles so now I invest in good, classic pieces by Chanel, YSL, etc. If I feel like getting trendy I go to H&M or ZARA so I'm not upset about spending on something I wore once when a season's over.

But I definitely envy Kate/Sienna's effortless trendy style. The trick is to pinpoint the trend before it is trendy, therefore making you a trend-SETTER!! (How many times can you say "trend" in a post? haha!)

Last edited by closethunter; 04-05-2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: misspelling
11-05-2008
scenester

Maybe not half, but somewhere close to it.

11-05-2008
V.I.P.

haha im a pure trend whore .. i buy cheap quick fashion i barely wear stuff for long tbh

02-06-2008
flaunt the imperfection

more now than before...

02-06-2008
tfs star

I just buy what I like and what I'll actually want to wear later. I can't say how much trends influence me especially since various things I've decided I wanted pop up in stores the second I decide that. I should probably work being a trend spotter, even though I hate the idea of trying to wear things because they're "in". I think I've accidentally become good at it.

02-06-2008
front row

hardly is based on trends i would say.
maybe so but still not too obvious.
if so, i would maybe buy one or two trendy pieces then team up with traditional ones.
i simply cannot imagine myself in the trendiest of trendiest clothings.
could also be due to body constraints; i am not exactly the hedi slimane-esque type of guy, so super skinny, body conscious type of stuff is not so much for me.

i would say, quirks, rather than trends intrigue me more .

05-06-2008
tfs star

i like trends, but when im shopping, i don't usually follow them, i kind of just buy whatever. weird stuff. i really like weird clothes, sometimes those aren't exactly trends... haha. i... incorporate trends. and i mean ****, trends are different everywhere anyway, how is anyone supposed to keep track!

05-06-2008
In Bloom

I recently bought latex leggings, otherwise I dont think too much about it...I'm not good at it.

we were in love

05-06-2008
front row

My wardrobe is partly based on trends as trends can make my opinion change about certain garments e.g leggings. I like to believe that I buy 'investment pieces' or basics but often they are influenced by trends e.g black skinny Helmut Lang trousers or classic Tuxedo jacket I bought recently. I think it would be very difficult not being influenced by trends if you are interested in fashion...it's possible, but difficult

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
based, trends, wardrobe