How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-06-2010
V.I.P.

Well, where I live most people wear sneakers or some other flat shoes, so when I wear heels I just fell that I stand out from the crowd. But sometimes I think "Who cares they look at you" and wear them. I love heels because they make my hips look so slim
But I got inspired to wear some heels tomorrow.

25-06-2010
front row

I like wearing heels but they hurt my feet of course and I live in SF so it's TONS of walking, stairs, and public transportation to deal with every day. I'm waiting to get some more comfortable heels. I'm looking for ones that are not super high and are stylish yet comfortable. I know of some brands like that but just haven't gotten around to actually trying any of them on. I just stick to boots and flats for every day. I'm also worried about getting bunions and calluses blisters from wearing heels too much (eww) so I avoid all that discomfort by not wearing heels also.

trendsetter

I only wear high heels to go out at night. Mid heels, like 5cm, and flats I wear most part of the time.

25-06-2010
flaunt the imperfection

used to wear heels ALL the time...
especially boots and ankle boots...

but...i don't know...
everyone/thing is so casual these days...
maybe beacause people don't have so much money ...
it doesn't seem to be stylish to dress too 'over the top' these days...
people are mostly really low key and casual...

and it isn't that easy to find good heels these days that aren't really ugly or ridiculous-looking platforms...

i'd rather wear flats than platforms, any day of the week...
*can't think of a single time when i saw someone wearing a platform shoe that i didn't think looked really really sad...

that said...
i miss wearing heels...
i really really do...
more and more every single day...
have been trying to devise reasons for wearing mine actually...

will let you know what reasons i come up with...
:p

26-06-2010
scenester

I love them, but I usually only wear them when I go out. But ladies who wear them everyday, what's your secret? How do your feet not hurt!?

26-06-2010
fashion icon

its so bad because I have so many..but i hardly ever wear them... i dont feel comfortable driving in them to tell you the truth..

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenRC View Post
I love them, but I usually only wear them when I go out. But ladies who wear them everyday, what's your secret? How do your feet not hurt!?
It's really just that you get used to it. And also - and that's kind of gross - I got horny skin in all the right areas of my feet which helps a lot, too.

27-06-2010
fashion insider

I pretty much wear heels everyday.. not stilettos or anything but wedges with small platforms or thicker heels for more support. I don't have flat feet so it's actually more comfortable when I wear something with a platform or more padding. When I wear flats I get blisters even if it's for 30 minutes!

02-07-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenRC View Post
Trying on a billion pairs until I find a pair that fits. Making sure the shape of my foot follows the shape of the sole. That the sole is solid, yet soft. That the heel is more of a mid heel or a kitten heel rather than a high heel. The heel starts directly from the centre of your heel and not too far back. Good quality shoes.

Though I only wear them all the time because I have no choice until I buy shoes from another country.

Last edited by Eurasian Mélange; 02-07-2010 at 07:05 AM.
02-07-2010
rising star

I never wear heels. I've tried to wear them when I go out at night, but I just end up being one of those girls walking down the street barefoot with her shoes hanging on her hand! So I am the flats queen

I don't understand how people can stand wearing them at all. They look beautiful, but I just can't do it >.<

02-07-2010
trendsetter

I'm been trying something lately...I've been wearing heels to just about everywhere, really, and carrying a pair of flats in my purse. I don't wait to switch shoes when the heels are killing me, but when my feet start to get just a little tired. The more I do it, the longer I can stand wearing them. I went two whole hours in a mall with three inchers yesterday!

rising star

I wear heels some times, about twice a week. I like how tall the heels can make me look but they give me backaches! Especially on days when I have to run around. My preference is always ballet flats but I feel like a shortie in them.

03-07-2010
Riot Bug

I wear them now more often than I used to... always been super Tomboy but its always okay have some flats in the big bag... just in case...

windowshopping

I used to love love love wearing heels every day, but like softgrey said I feel like everything is much more geared towards a casual approach now and over dressing really makes you pop out more than usual. Not that I mind too much, it's just that sometimes it gets inappropriate.

V.I.P.

I can hardly wear heals since i broke me foot..i very very rarely were them but im super tiny anyways so quite like being smaller then every one else..I walk like a man in heals its quite funny i think i need more practice

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
heels, wear