How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-06-2010
trendsetter

How often do you wear heels?
I'm just curious because a lot of the time, I will want to wear heels but I feel like I'll be overdressed compared to other people. So apart from going to night clubs/dancing, where and how often do you wear them? The movies? Shopping? Running errands? Going out to eat?

21-06-2010
rising star

It depends a bit, I usually wear heels when I'm going out/going downtown/going shopping/etc. and I know I won't be walking for too many hours, or walking too far. It also depends a little bit on what I'm doing or who I'm with...

Basically, I want to wear heels more often than I actually do. But sometimes I find it's just not a good idea... like when driving somewhere (although sometimes i bring shoes and change :p), if I'm gonna have to walk up- or downhill a lot. My city is basically up or down everywhere you go except from in the city. For example if I am to walk somewhere from my house other than to the bus or tram station, I'm bound to have to walk up or down quite a bit.

21-06-2010
fashion insider

i wear them to much, i wear them as slippers in my house(5 inch BCBG platforms)
I love a women who can wear heels everyday

21-06-2010
fashion icon

I don't wear heels often on account of pre-exisiting feet problems however, if it wasn't for this issue I would wear them everyday! I admire a woman who can wear heels all the time and make it look effortless. So the only times I really wear heels is for a special occassion.

22-06-2010
rising star

Better to be overdressed than underdressed.

I wear heels every chance I get which is ALL the time! Even when I'm just at home doing homework.

22-06-2010
V.I.P.

I love wearing heels. I first started wearing heels on a daily basis when I was 16. I'm sure you all remember that feeling of looking into a mirror and seeing how flattering for your body and your outfit a good pair of high heels is? I never wanted to wear anything else after that. For about 3 years straight I only wore flats to PE and heels everywhere else.

I recently stopped wearing heels every day. That's mainly because I walk from the train station to the university building every day and it's all stairs. I fell flat on my face in front of dozens of people once when walking those stairs because my bag was so heavy and I was exhausted and just couldn't walk in my heels anymore. So now I don't wear heels that often anymore when going to university

I used to be friends with this girl who's 5'1 and I'm 5'7, we always looked so ridiculous when I was wearing 3" heels and she wasn't That's kind of awkward.

22-06-2010
trendsetter

yall are inspiring me to wear heels more often tomorrow, heel it is!

front row

I used to wear heels every day, at day and at night! My ex-boyfriend was 6'5" and I felt great because all my heels are about 10cm-15cm (I'm 5'8").

But now that I'm single I haven't worn heels in like 4 or 5 months! I can't wear heels with the guys I'm dating (well I obiously can, but I don't like to be taller than them) and I just stopped wearing heels on my everyday life because I feel more confortable without them... I don't kno how to explain it, it just happened haha.

rising star

Everywhere when I'm in the mood for them. From grocery store to a terrace beer to party to nowhere special Never feel overdressed myself and if my heels bother someone else, then glad I made their day haha. Usually I have heels several days a week, sometimes just a few, sometimes all days.

22-06-2010
front row

I don't wear heels ever cause i just feel like im too young for them.And that yeah i would be overdressed.BUt in 2 or 3 years im planning to wear them all the time.

22-06-2010
backstage pass

I wear heels almost every time I'm out of the house. I even sometimes end up wearing them when I must walk for a long time (but mid- or kitten heels) because I threw out all my old flat shoes that got damaged. Then I realised I can't buy flat shoes in France in my size: my feet are too small! I can find heels in my size, but not flats.

rising star

I don't wear them everyday and I really admire women who are showing them off everyday! You rock the streets ladies!

Go for it and wear them as often as you can!

22-06-2010
backstage pass

I only wear heels when i go out on a friday/saturday night. I'm in flats most of the time

windowshopping

i haven't worn heels in such a long time
i love the way they look, but i have too many problems with my legs to wear them.
although, i did get an adorable pair of booties last week that are very comfortable.

23-06-2010
front row

As is the case for Merryhussel, I am still pretty young and I'm not an overdressing type of gal... I'm very much more of a British girl: scruffy-looking rather than groomed and glamorous! I'd choose penny loafers over stilettos any day.
That said, I love wearing heels. But my feet are so problematic that I don't think I would physically be able to take it if I were to wear them all of the time! I wear heels when I go out for meals and go to parties... basically when I go out in the evenings. Plus, heels are great because I have issues with the hugeness of my calves, and heels help to slim them down a bit.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
heels, wear