How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-03-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by pointup+Mar 21st, 2004 - 9:16 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pointup @ Mar 21st, 2004 - 9:16 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-fashionflower@Mar 21st, 2004 - 6:06 pm
One last thing pointup, I live in the Midwest too, and one lucky thing there is we don't have to be right on the "cutting edge" to be fashionable; meaning what may be played out in LA and NY will still seem stylish for a while here. Takes some of the pressure off.

ha, you are totally right. not one person here has caught on to the ugg trend yet.. i could probably wear them next year and be cutting edge in fact I am the first person in my school to wear a side part regularly and to have pointy shoes. I consider myself slow, but thankfully everyone else is 10328298740190x slower [/b][/quote]
I definitly agree! No one around here wears Uggs yet, though most people are very fashionable and stylish. Maybe they just find them as ugly as I do!

About the lookbook, has anyone ever seen the episode of Sex & The City where they talk about things they do that they would never let another person know about? Well that's what my lookbook is to me! It's my secret indulgence. Wow, and here I thought I was the only one!

22-03-2004
Rebaptising my badness

Try this link for body type-based suggestions: http://www.bbc.co.uk/lifestyle/style/

Nemova

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by MurakamiPrincess+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 2:59 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MurakamiPrincess @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 2:59 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by pointup@Mar 21st, 2004 - 9:16 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-fashionflower
Quote:
@Mar 21st, 2004 - 6:06 pm
One last thing pointup, I live in the Midwest too, and one lucky thing there is we don't have to be right on the "cutting edge" to be fashionable; meaning what may be played out in LA and NY will still seem stylish for a while here. Takes some of the pressure off.*

ha, you are totally right. not one person here has caught on to the ugg trend yet.. i could probably wear them next year and be cutting edge in fact I am the first person in my school to wear a side part regularly and to have pointy shoes. I consider myself slow, but thankfully everyone else is 10328298740190x slower
I definitly agree! No one around here wears Uggs yet, though most people are very fashionable and stylish. Maybe they just find them as ugly as I do!

About the lookbook, has anyone ever seen the episode of Sex & The City where they talk about things they do that they would never let another person know about? Well that's what my lookbook is to me! It's my secret indulgence. Wow, and here I thought I was the only one! [/b][/quote]
God, same here. Actually, where I live, everyone is disgustingly slow on fashion and I've slowly become somewhat of a "fashion educatior" at my school. I bought my Ugg boots in November and remain the only person around that wears them. Then there's the Murakami whichstill hasn't caught on nor can many pronounce "Louis Vutton." Sorry, it's off-topic but I had to release my agitations of Minnesota.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by MurakamiPrincess+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 2:59 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MurakamiPrincess @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 2:59 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by pointup@Mar 21st, 2004 - 9:16 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-fashionflower
Quote:
@Mar 21st, 2004 - 6:06 pm
One last thing pointup, I live in the Midwest too, and one lucky thing there is we don't have to be right on the "cutting edge" to be fashionable; meaning what may be played out in LA and NY will still seem stylish for a while here. Takes some of the pressure off.*

ha, you are totally right. not one person here has caught on to the ugg trend yet.. i could probably wear them next year and be cutting edge in fact I am the first person in my school to wear a side part regularly and to have pointy shoes. I consider myself slow, but thankfully everyone else is 10328298740190x slower

About the lookbook, has anyone ever seen the episode of Sex & The City where they talk about things they do that they would never let another person know about? Well that's what my lookbook is to me! It's my secret indulgence. Wow, and here I thought I was the only one! [/b][/quote]
Yeah I don't love Uggs. No one around here wears them either.

29-03-2004
rising star

I can completely relate to you. Up until last year I had sort of a secret identity. On the internet, I was this teen fashionista who gave fashion advice to lots of teens (through a fashion website I write for), but at my small-town school I just wore what my friends wore. By looking through my fashion magazines, I slowly formed opinions on what I liked and why I liked it, then started adding more fashion-forward accessories and shoes to my wardrobe of classics. I think to have a great style, it's important to know yourself and your limits and your likes. Never wear something to blend in and never be afraid to wear something to stand out -- but more importantly, only wear what you truly love.

I've kind of drifted off topic though. 1. Figure out what you love. 2. Start by adding accessories. 3. Slowly add hipper pieces to mix with you basics.

windowshopping

i keep my "lookbook" online saved to my computer... thats how i get pictures nowadays... w/ the exception of magazines
i found clothing catalogs to really help~ ^^

14-06-2006
front row

I would forget about the very useful but too trendy magazines like teen-Vogue, Elle or InStyle. They concentrate too much on fads and celebrities. Try flicking through Vogue Italy or L'Officiel, they treat fashion from another perspective, more intellectual, less ephemeral.

14-06-2006
front row

Pointup, thank god for the internet! If the clothing near you isn't too inspiring, get online! I'm in the same boat as you as far as cash flow is concerned, so my advice would be to make sure the things u buy can go with other stuff, or be built upon into something new. Also, accessories make an outfit, and can be bought pretty cheaply.
When you said you bought a couple of things you felt were 'you', what did you buy?

15-06-2006
fashion elite

I do this too!

If I see something in a magazine that I like, usually I tear it out and put it in a binder I have. If I like alot of stuff in the magazine, I just keep the whole magazine.

If I see something online, I save it in my photobucket account in a special folder for later reference.

Now that I'm moving from DC to Florida, I'm going to have to adjust my wardrober to include clothing for more warmer weather.

Goodbye to all my favorite sweaters and jackets. And hello to short sleeve shirts (of which I have very little).

16-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnsw33tie012
i keep my "lookbook" online saved to my computer... thats how i get pictures nowadays... w/ the exception of magazines
i found clothing catalogs to really help~ ^^
Me too. I save my pictures and text to Word documents .... and keep them in folders like
  • EVERYDAY LOOKS (SEASONAL)
  • HAIR
  • MAKE-UP
etc.

Helps me organise my ideas better and gives me inspiration for shoping and dressing

16-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
I would forget about the very useful but too trendy magazines like teen-Vogue, Elle or InStyle. They concentrate too much on fads and celebrities. Try flicking through Vogue Italy or L'Officiel, they treat fashion from another perspective, more intellectual, less ephemeral.
This is so true. Out with COSMO-style fashion!

16-01-2007
rising star

Outerwear:

Black wool coat kneelenght
Black wool coat hiplenght
Beige trenchcoat

Sweaters/cardis:

Black roundneck sweater
Black wrap sweater
Colourful turtleneck
Black cardi
Brown cardi
Grey cardi
Colourful cardi

On top:

Black v-neck sleeve
Black wrap long sleeve
Black camisole
Colourful camisole
Red blouse
Black button-down
Black turtleneck
Black plain
Colourful plain 3/4

Skirts:

Black kneelenght
Denim kneelenght
Grey kneelenght
Kneelenght with pattern

Pants:

Black pants

Dresses:

Black wrap
Colourful wrap
Little black dress
Silk coctaildress

Accessorize:

Black scarf
Black scarf, party
Colourful scarf
Colourful scarf, party
Brooches
Jewellery
Black Clutch
Colourful clutch
Black bag for everyday wear
Red bag for everyday wear
Wool gloves
Leather gloves
Opaque tights
Sheer thights
Patterned thights
Neutral sunglasses
Watch

Shoes/boots:

Black boots medium heel
Winterboots
Black pumps
Colourful pumps
Stilettos, party
Black sandals
Black flats

Underwear:

Black t-shirt bra
Nude t-shirt bra
Lace bra
Lace camisole
Thongs
Hipsters

- Coco Chanel
16-01-2007
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

Pointup.. I'm curious.. did you start that look book.. has it helped you ?

pinterest : hanneonpin
16-01-2007
backstage pass

Even though this an old thread the look book idea is definately a good one I save pics I find online of clothing/outfits I like, right now I feel like 'upgrading' my wardrobe and just by scanning the collection of pics and I can pinpoint where my style is heading. I like the idea about taking pics of your own clothes so you can plan outfits, it reminds me of those flipbooks you could have as a child.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrine85
Outerwear:

Black wool coat kneelenght
Black wool coat hiplenght
Beige trenchcoat

Sweaters/cardis:

Black roundneck sweater
Black wrap sweater
Colourful turtleneck
Black cardi