How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-06-2005
tfs star

how to wear these ...
So I LOVE the shape of these pants,but I can't figure out everything that's going on!! Accordring to the website they are "black crepe Georgette silk,belt loops,hidden buttons,side pockets,straight leg cut,belt attachments and applique". It's Yoox.com and I have never bought anything from there because I can never see the clothing properly in their pictures.

What is that thing hanging down,does it look like a kind of apron in front?They're not supposed to be dungarees,are they? (says nothing about it in the description).What/where is the "applique",or would that be the thing hanging down?

I really like them....but they are marked down a bit so I suppose I couldn't return them if they're hideous .

Ideas??? Opinions???? Better descriptions??? Have you seen this garment before and do you have a better picture???

Thanks guys!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anndem.jpg (8.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg anndem2.jpg (6.9 KB, 6 views)

30-06-2005
tfs star

You can always return goods from Yoox.com, at least I could when I ordered some time, almost 1,5 years ago...

As far as I can remember, all of the pockets are detachable or can be positioned in different ways... I hope this was of any help for you?

30-06-2005
V.I.P.

Yeah, you can take the bags off if you don't like them hanging. I say buy it, then return it if you're really unhappy. A prepaid UPS sticker is included in your box.

30-06-2005
V.I.P.

if by dungarees you mean that the pants are short, then i think you are right. they don't look like full length pants, for sure. i don't remember for sure, but i wouldn't be surprised if ann showed these with knee-high boots. like others said, you can rearrange/remove all the bells and whistles (err.. pockets, i mean).

30-06-2005
flaunt the imperfection

i say just skip it...
too much work for a pair of pants...

01-07-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
i say just skip it...
too much work for a pair of pants...
You know what,I agree.I saw a similar but different pair of trousers by her in a boutique right now,and it was an IQ test to get into it and figure out where all the straps go!!!They kept falling down and the male SA saw wayyyyyy too much !!

the basic cropped trouser shape was excellent,but there was just too much going on for a short person to carry off.

Thansk everyone for the input!! I've bought a very cute shorter skirt and a plain tank top by Ann instead,both for 40% off.I had the advantage of trying them on.

And they're so easy I'm going to wear it tonight !!

01-07-2005
flaunt the imperfection

well done...congrats!...

01-07-2005
V.I.P.

Sounds good. Post pics if you can.

02-07-2005
backstage pass

I like those but it seems like the intellectual side of the designer shouldn't be trying to put on the clothes...

02-07-2005
tfs star

Yeah in the case of Ann Demeulemeester I think there is sometimes a very fine line between the sublime and the ridiculous :p .

When it is good it is very,VERY good though!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
wear