How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-10-2005
front row

Last thing you pruned from your wardrobe and vowed never to buy again?
For me, today, a black cami that I've decided is way too FemmeBot(TM) on me.

13-11-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Today... a polka dot long-sleeve top... what the heck was a thinking? Too many polka dots on so much material... I'll limit polka dots to halter tops, MAYBE a pretty flowy cami, but nothing long-sleeved AGAIN.

13-11-2005
front row

And today, everything brown I own that does not qualify as dark enough to be 'mahogany'. (I have dark cool brown hair and light skin and recently realized how horrible most browns look on me.)

V.I.P.

Ill-fitting jeans. And... tons of pairs of pants that don't fit me anymore... seriously, they were like collecting dust in my wardrobe...

I'm only left with 4 pairs of jeans and 4 pairs of other pants... I need to buy new ones that fit well AND look good... Note to self: never buy pants that don't fit well no matter how much of a bargain they were or if they were designer...

Last edited by nextnewface; 13-11-2005 at 11:40 PM.
13-11-2005
tfs star

good call on the bad pants!

15-11-2005
trendsetter

I've given up on synthetic, sweat-inducing fabrics. No matter how cute the item of clothing, I always end up not wearing it.

16-11-2005
backstage pass

Cheap things (that you buy just because they are cheap) I'm plannind to modify..that I buy in markets/surplus shops...They just stay in bags under my bed and I feel bad knowing that they are there..

16-11-2005
front row

god, i am constantly weeding my wardrobe. i am getting rid of all my too colourful scarves and hats right now, and sadly a couple of pairs of gorgeous vintage oldstock tan platforms and mules that i am never going to wear (both slightly too small). I am also sick of floaty, butterfly style tops, as I have too many.

16-11-2005
ingenue

never say never.

that said, I need to stop buying things in colours that I never wear. pastel colours (particularly mint green) always show up en masse in my 'wardrobe prunes'. I love these colours in theory, but I hate the way they look on me and thus never wear the stuff I buy in these colours.

16-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasolineRainbow
I've given up on synthetic, sweat-inducing fabrics. No matter how cute the item of clothing, I always end up not wearing it.
Out of curiosity, what fabrics and blends or looks are just too synthetic-y for you? (I make an exception for poly fleece in very casual things but look for wool etc. in general and hate hate hate the feel of things that list acrylic first. Would rather they didn't list acrylic at all really and am gradually moving over to predominantly real stuff. I've recently added some tissue tees made from whatever that newish fabric is that has to do with wood pulp. Debating whether this should be on my yes or no list.) :p

Power to the 99%

I've had to get rid of black pants that were a walking lint collection system ... I also recently bought something that wrinkles very readily, and vowed to check for this problem in the future.

20-10-2009
scenester

Where do I start!!! I got rid of a ton of pants as well. I kept three dress pants and 2 pairs of jeans. I just think that I look "slimmer" in skirts and dresses. Also bright colored sweaters and anything too baggy. I recently broke my toe (again) and will have to go thru my shoe collection!!!I am sad just thinking about it!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
buy, pruned, thing, vowed, wardrobe