How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-03-2009
Power to the 99%

Would one of those 5-way adjustable bras do what you need?

11-03-2009
front row

I have one, but the top drapes too low at the back.
Im so stuck, but i love it!

11-03-2009
don't look down

I know you can get stick-on half-cups that might do the job of supporting and covering the breast without need of straps - but they too might still be visible through the fabric at the front, and look even more absurd than a bra.

A minimised bra with 'invisible' plastic straps, where you can only see the straps when up-close, might be the best compromise.

Power to the 99%

You could also layer this over another top--maybe nude color.

11-03-2009
tfs star

What about those tube bra things from american apparel? I like to wear those under low vest because they aren't as obvious as another top but they aren't quite a bra on show either?
americanapparel.com

front row

Thanks for all your help everyone.

I like the idea of the boob tube thing, ive seen some lacey ones of those in Urban outfitters, so i may go and look at some today!

14-03-2009
tfs star

I have the lacy UO ones too they are great for putting under vests etc. But they are longer than the AA ones so they do stand out a lot more.

front row

About panties, does anyone know what is the most invisible, but also sexy? I'm not much of a fan with thongs...

14-04-2009
Storm & Sommer

I like la perla's vintage laser cut hipsters .. they are completely invisible (I have them in black, white and nude) and doesn't ride up like a thong.. If you like minimalistic underwear these are the best.

http://www.barenecessities.com/La-Pe...3_,search,.htm

pinterest : hanneonpin
14-04-2009
front row

^ Yes!! Thank you! I was looking for something minimalistic, but not too hanes, if you get what I mean. I guess theres no way to have the illusion of invisible with sexy lace and frilly underwear

09-07-2009
Noblesse oblige

I was wondering if anyone has experience with http://www.flattering.com/

I am looking for a new bustier to wear under some of my backless dresses.
Any recommendations are appreciated

10-08-2009
front row

I just found a link and thought I'd share:

THIS is the most accurate bra-size calculator I've ever used. I've been measured a number of times in the terrible quest of trying to find a bra that fit perfectly. In the same day I had three lingerie associates say at first that I was a 32B, then another said I was without a doubt a 34C, and then the last confirmed I was a 36A. All of which I'm not!

Anyway, I found this site and entered my measurements and found out I was a 30DD. I found a store that actually carried bizarre sizes, and low and behold, it fit! Perfectly! After wearing weirdly fitting bras forever I totally suggest trying this site out, and then finding a proper lingerie shop and trying on some strange sizes. :p

Last edited by timber; 10-08-2009 at 09:53 PM.
11-08-2009
backstage pass

All my lingerie comes from victoria secret and fredericks of hollywood. Except for corsets, which I go to a place that makes real corsets.

13-09-2009
botanizing on the asphalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber View Post
I just found a link and thought I'd share:

THIS is the most accurate bra-size calculator I've ever used. I've been measured a number of times in the terrible quest of trying to find a bra that fit perfectly. In the same day I had three lingerie associates say at first that I was a 32B, then another said I was without a doubt a 34C, and then the last confirmed I was a 36A. All of which I'm not!

Anyway, I found this site and entered my measurements and found out I was a 30DD. I found a store that actually carried bizarre sizes, and low and behold, it fit! Perfectly! After wearing weirdly fitting bras forever I totally suggest trying this site out, and then finding a proper lingerie shop and trying on some strange sizes. :p
This was very eye opening, thanks for posting, timber. I came out with a 30 band measurement as well.
No idea where i'm going to find something in that size to try on though...i have enough trouble finding 32s.

Power to the 99%

^ I'm sure NYC must have specialty lingerie shops The one I go to sometimes started out as a mastectomy shop, and the glamour factor is rather low But they do alterations on the spot, including on your own stuff (I've seen people bring their own things in). Ironically my size is very common there, and so the selection tends to be sparse.

Does NY Magazine doing a 'best of' shopping issue?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lingerie, thread