How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-10-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyed View Post
^Oh we're all guilty of wanting more...

Since Victoria Secrets ships international... and is decently priced... I'm thinking of splurging on their site! Does anybody have any experience with VS bras/underwear/clothing/lingerie? How is the quality of their stuff?
i'm not a huge fan of victoria's secret. their 32As are too big for me, and i am not so impressed with the quality, either. i prefer their panties, and on occasion, you can find some decent lingerie.

24-10-2009
THE STRANGER

^Their 32As are too big? I am super flat-chested, in that case, I don't think I'd fit either Do you know what your size is in a different country?

24-10-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:

Since Victoria Secrets ships international... and is decently priced... I'm thinking of splurging on their site! Does anybody have any experience with VS bras/underwear/clothing/lingerie? How is the quality of their stuff?
Not so great, in my experience ...

24-10-2009
Noblesse oblige

Quote:

I like their Secret Embrace seamless bras. It is the most comfortable bra I ever tried and it is invisibel under the clothes.

25-10-2009
THE STRANGER

Thanks for the feedback guys I think I'm gonna have to wait till I move to the states and actually try their stuff on. See how the size and quality works out! They have some gorgeous looking pieces though!

25-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:

TBH i don't think VS has very high quality at all -- i think their stuff is a little bit 'trashy' and not quite worth the money, but I do know plenty of girls who swear by them and I think their larger cup sizes fit quite well. (I have the same problem as the poster above who found their 32A too big.)

If you're ok with spending a bit of cash on a lovely bra, Agent Provocateur does have some great things, Kiki di Montparnasse is great for uber 'sexy' stuff, but Eres is my personal favourite. SO AMAZING. Really pricey though. Mostly lace/wireless too, so probably is better for those of us with 12 year old boy breasts.

Also, I think Urban Outfitters has a lot of adorable, non-trashy lingerie in a decent price range too.

25-10-2009
PopWillEatItself

the outnet has a pretty collection os stella mccartney and free shipping until tomorrow if i'm not mistaken

Last edited by melt977; 25-10-2009 at 04:01 PM.
26-10-2009
THE STRANGER

Wtf, this is so unfair. My country only sells Agent Provocateur PERFUME...

26-10-2009
.my prison is your brain.

^ They have a website, and killer semi-annual sales.

26-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:

I find their quality is amazing.

I get my bras, underwear and lingerie from them.

The Semi-Annual Sale is my favorite time of year. XD

26-10-2009
Power to the 99%

I haven't gotten a bra from VS in years, but I have gotten underwear. Most of it has fallen apart much faster than other brands. Suddenly a band or seam is unraveling after you launder them ... Gap Body, DKNY, Felina, Cosabella are all much better quality than VS. Nothing gets laundered more often, so I have no patience for underwear that won't stand up to the washing machine :p

Speaking of poor quality, I believe the brand is Honeydew ... quite awful. It was like they had only been basted together--the seams immediately fell apart before I could even wear them. I did not hesitate to take the pieces back to the store ...

26-10-2009
fashion icon

My little sister works in a lingerie store and she is horrified that I was my bras in a washing machine But I have never gotten used to wearing a bra. I never needed to wear one,but now there's a definite need,and yet still I find all bras uncomfortable. Well,more of a nuisance really Having said that I have my eyes on some Stella McCartney sets

26-10-2009
THE STRANGER

^I have a habit of hand-washing my bras! I like preserving them for as long as possible because they're so expensive It also saves a lot of money for cheap-*** students like me

29-10-2009
backstage pass

i hand-wash almost everything (lingerie AND clothes) and never put ANYTHING in the dryer. but that's because i buy too much expensive stuff and don't trust the laundry or a machine. and because i'm lazy and hate going to the laundromat.

those little lingerie mesh bags that decent bras come in are really useful in protecting things if you insist on using the washing machine -- keeps stuff from snagging and getting bent if there's wire, and you never have to untangle the leg of one of your damp stockings that's wound itself around a bra strap 14 times.

04-11-2009
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by laika View Post
No idea where i'm going to find something in that size to try on though...i have enough trouble finding 32s.
My suggestion is to check online, too... eBay, for example... if you come to really know your size and a particular brand/designer that you enjoy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lingerie, thread