How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-11-2009
backstage pass

cute cotton panties preferable pink

28-11-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkyWay View Post
What's the consensus on the quality of La Senza?
I've worn worse. I find some of their things quite childish though. I don't want my underwear covered in slogans and cartoons thank you very much. Having said that,the quality of the 3 or so bras that I have from there has been quite good. I can't buy from La Senza anymore however cos they don't do my size. But my Sister has given me the full set of Dita Von Teese for wonderbra and I am in heaven

28-11-2009
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafindesiecle View Post
seriously? maybe things translate differently between countries and i guess we americans are too used to everyone catering to our nation's on-average obesity. i would say most folks would agree i am quite thin and of course american chain stores like gap vanity size like woah -- i cannot even find things that fit me at gap, for example -- so among most american stores and american designers i am used to finding the smallest size on the rack and it fitting. but at h+m i find i am usually wearing mediums, and i find their lingerie to run small here too... hmm.

guess the moral of the story is everyone should go and try things on
...or maybe just that the European sizes are smaller?

we were in love

02-12-2009
front row

Or maybe it's just the way things are stated? Like in Japan for example, a D cup padded bra isn't really for D cups. They take the padding into consideration. So it's a true D if you include the padding so you can be a natural A cup and wear sizes from A to D depending on the amount of padding they have.

02-12-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemence.x View Post
Or maybe it's just the way things are stated? Like in Japan for example, a D cup padded bra isn't really for D cups. They take the padding into consideration. So it's a true D if you include the padding so you can be a natural A cup and wear sizes from A to D depending on the amount of padding they have.
Hmm, that's not entirely true...
It just seems that way because a D cup in Japan is tiny, and a Japanese A is tinier! Japanese A's would be swimming in Japanese D's.

02-12-2009
backstage pass

^^ clemence, that's really interesting, it's fascinating how sizing ideas + practices vary by country/culture/etc

02-12-2009
THE STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemence.x View Post
That's not true at all. ....

02-12-2009
front row

that was what the salesperson told me when i was picking things out there. So sorry for the wrong info!

02-12-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
Hmm, that's not entirely true...
It just seems that way because a D cup in Japan is tiny, and a Japanese A is tinier! Japanese A's would be swimming in Japanese D's.
So what happens if you're a US D trying to find something in Japan?

03-12-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
So what happens if you're a US D trying to find something in Japan?
Well, I think I'm a US C, and in Japan I'm an F.
So a D would probably be something like I or J or something, though I've never seen such a thing... Everything in Japan is tinier, from clothes to electronics to buildings.

One thing I can say about Paris is that the lingerie selection here is certainly varied, cute, sexy and tasteful! I love the wide selection of lace and textures and colors...It's going to take some willpower I see...

11-12-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkyWay View Post
What's the consensus on the quality of La Senza?
I don't think it's great to be honest. Flimsy stuff which doesn't stand up to repeated laundering, even when you wash the bra by hand, which I ALWAYS do! However I'm a 32E so I need decent support, perhaps a person with an A or a B cup would find their stuff OK.

I love Elle McPherson stuff. Think it's exceptionally well made and lasts a long time. I love the colour ways in the range too.

I have bought some Agent Provocateur but only when they have a sale on as I think it's so expensive otherwise. It fits beautifully and I love the designs but not worth full price IMHO.

If I had stacks of cash I'd be living in Kiki de Montparnasse and Chantal Thomass. YUM!

Last edited by minstinguett; 11-12-2009 at 05:40 AM.
11-12-2009
rising star

Personally, I think lingerie is the closest thing to your body, so of course I adore it and take careful consideration in picking it out. I love Agent Provacatour, La Perla, and Hankey Pankey. I like lacey, unlined bras. I don't really shop at VS - I hate those padded bras that make your breasts look like huge bowling balls. :/

But there's another lingerie line that I love - it's called The Lake & Stars. Very cute stuff and not overly girly.

backstage pass

lake and stars, YES. so good. I used to work a few blocks from Journelle and was always drooling over it. A lot of great little boutique lingerie designers there actually -- I think you can order online too.

11-12-2009
front row

princess tam tam is the BEST!

11-12-2009
THE STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelandfur View Post
Personally, I think lingerie is the closest thing to your body, so of course I adore it and take careful consideration in picking it out. I love Agent Provacatour, La Perla, and Hankey Pankey.

I love La Perla lingerie, it doesn't look a bit trashy at all!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lingerie, thread