How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2010
V.I.P.

I hate buying bras...it is dificult to find nice pair, I have B cup but still like 99% of bras I try do not fit right.

I usually end up wearing sports bras...how sexy *hahah*

10-01-2010
V.I.P.

Ugh I wish that the AP aliyah bra was still available in my size

10-01-2010
unspecified

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
i love a waspie...
though i don't think it is intended for everyday use..
that is pretty much a sex thing...
you only wear it if someone is going to see you naked!..

i've always wanted to find a really georgeous looking one (i had my eyes set on a velvety-lacy one but got too late..) and wear it over a really flowy and -of course- extra-volumed dress i think it would look really nice. i'm not sure if it would be over-sexy to go out though, i would have to look at it.
and this is what sometimes makes me sad about lingerie, when it's beautiful, i'm always looking ways of wearing it out, but all the time i chicken out and just show it to my gal-pals :p

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
10-01-2010
fashion icon

This is the waspie I have,and how you described you would wear one Petit Lucille has definetly given me an idea! I have worn some items of lingerie out before,like a long line bra with high waisted trousers,but I'm aware that I shouldn't probably show too much flesh unless I have intentions of turning tricks
myfashionlife.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ditavonteese_wonderbra.jpg (35.1 KB, 4 views)

11-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaki View Post
I should think that a simple silk cami might remedy the problem, but personally, I don't understand the taboo with lingerie hinted underneath clothes. I just don't get the obsession with everything looking "smooth" because people just aren't smooth to begin with! I say if you want to wear a lacy shirt under a stiff button-down, go for it! :p
^^ my bras are visible probably at least 50% of the time, i think there's actually a whole thread here dedicated to this, haha. i am very flat chested and fond of thin racerback tanks / thin oversized white or grey modal/viscose tshirts, and i love the way having a simple black bra (no cleavage, since i don't HAVE any) show through a thin, baggy, super unsexy shirt looks, or an american apparel plain black stretch cross-back bra showing underneath a racerback tank.

I think having specific "lumps" can be a little weird though -- like when you have one bow in the middle of your bra and it like, pokes through your shirt like some weird cyst or like you're hiding something in there. the key to that stuff is to make sure it's obviously intentional and not just that your clothes don't fit or something!

14-01-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafindesiecle View Post

I think having specific "lumps" can be a little weird though -- like when you have one bow in the middle of your bra and it like, pokes through your shirt like some weird cyst or like you're hiding something in there. the key to that stuff is to make sure it's obviously intentional and not just that your clothes don't fit or something!
haha I know what you mean! Yeah, some lumps I can understand being unwanted, but I used to work in a lingerie store and women were just OBSESSED with everything looking perfectly smooth and and flawless, hence why spanx were our number-one sellers. I think "perfection" tends to be a sickness (at least here in America) and it's sad that women are so scared to let on what their real bodies look like!

I am really flat and also love wearing pretty bras with semi-sheer shirts or tank tops.

fashion icon

My obsession with lingerie is starting to get out of control! I have been blessed that my younger sister has moved from one lingerie shop to another and now works at Agent Provocateur Not lingerie as such but I got a pair of their stockings called whip me,which are the most amazing things I have ever seen!

I've also purchased a couple of pieces from What Katie Did,which I absolutely love.

Has anybody any recommendations for places on line where I can purchase good quality lingerie,maybe with a vintage/retro feel?

30-10-2010
front row

Why does she move from one lingerie store to another? It must be awesome to work for AP, too bad the nearest store is a few hundred miles away from me ! I love lingerie but I sometimes feel so alone with my obsession.

I am sure you know of Fifi Chachnil and Chantal Thomass so I will keep them out of my post. I can post more brands, they are not as vintage inspired as the ones below though...

Stockings and Romance

Kiss Me Deadly

Ayten Gasson

pic sources are each brand's websites

30-10-2010
trendsetter

^ I love the sets from Kiss Me Deadly! Me want. Too bad the pics are not bigger.

30-10-2010
front row

You can see them in larger size on their website! I think you get good quality/price ratio with KMD. I have this suspender belt and I am planning to buy the girdle that is in the left pic I posted above!

ladywaisted

04-11-2010
backstage pass

I LOVE lingerie! Clothes, lingerie, shoes, bags, jewelry, makeup, skin care, hair products, there's not ONE girlie thing I don't like. I can't wait until I can afford La Perla!

05-11-2010
scenester

i think i'm obsessed with lingerie. i work in a lingerie shop currently and i love it. because i got a staff discount on the entire shop i would spent all the money i earned in the day on bras and cute underwear after work. <3 i have two dressers full of lingerie, it's getting out on control... hahaha

front row

Am i doing something wrong, or do bodies typically flatten the boobs?
Perhaps wear bras beneath them, is this the way to pull it off?

I seem to have a lot of confusion here! I am 34A (UK) and a bra makes them look bulky but if i go braless whilst wearing a body the result is a flattened chest.

Does anyone have good advice for wearing these things? They are really practical, especially for use beneath transparent shirts, etc, so i would love to find one that works.

05-11-2010
Power to the 99%

^ I don't think it's you ... it is a problem. (Assuming I understand what you're talking about :p) Have you tried one with an underwire? Given your size, it seems like that might work for you ...

05-11-2010
front row

Yes, i had thought about that - i will keep searching!
thanks

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lingerie, thread