How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-11-2010
fashion icon

I adore Kiss Me Deadly! The prices are really reasonable too. I'm hoping to leave a wish list of lots of beautiful things around the house for the boyfriend to find The purple set posted by Ayten Gasson is absolutely divine

14-11-2010
backstage pass

Does anyone know the quality and prices of La Senza?

I've seen them being mentioned before in the thread and that people like them way better than VS.

Also, how are Frederick's?

Last edited by CaitlinC; 14-11-2010 at 10:55 PM.
13-12-2010
backstage pass

I'm so excited to go to Victoria's Secret in May in New York.
I've never been to a Victoria's Secret store, but I imagine it to be like a candystore for lingerie! Haha.

backstage pass

^ lol! I never thought of it that way. VS makes a lot of fun stuff.

18-12-2010
front row

Most of my lingerie is from H&M and La Senza.

scenester

I can't wait to get my hands on some Agent P's

17-05-2011
scenester

Just came across an AMAZING brand called Fleur of England. I may have been a bit slow on the uptake but if you haven't heard of them hit google. Expensive but so so beautiful, and so far from the run of the mill use lace and silk.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitlinC View Post
Does anyone know the quality and prices of La Senza?

I've seen them being mentioned before in the thread and that people like them way better than VS.

Also, how are Frederick's?
I don't mind La Senza for bras, because they're more reasonable than VS-same with their PJs (although I don't purchase them anymore because they're too short for me). I hate their underwear though, I find it very cheap, uncomfortable, and not cut well if you have much of a derriere.

I have a bit of a strange question that I really need help with. I'm quite small chested, but I don't have very much "meat" on the top half of my chest, so whenever I try to shop for bras, I find that there is a gap along the top of the cup (and it isn't cup size, because when I try to go smaller I end up spilling over). A few salespeople have told me that my chest is bottom-heavy and that I need to wear push up bras-but I find them very uncomfortable. Anyone else face this issue? I'd love some bra recommendations.

Last edited by etceteraism; 06-06-2011 at 09:24 PM.
07-06-2011
backstage pass

^^ etcetarism, I'm also basically flat-chested and have a very similar problem, and it's NOT because my breasts are saggy at all, it's just because they're so small and the upper half of my body is quite thin! Try still playing with some more sizes, even things like up a cup and down a band -- I usually think I'm a 34A but sometimes a 32B actually fits better and gaps less. My favourite brand (honestly, still) for small, basic, well-fitting bras is Calvin Klein -- kate moss and jenny shimizu boobs are way more similar to mine than adriana lima's, and it shows in the construction as well. These are my bra of choice for when I want support/shape: http://www.calvinklein.com/product/i...ductId=3171552

I also HATE push up bras and find on me they look so horribly unnatural, like I have two oranges on my chest... I honestly sort of gave up on underwire bras and go for stretchy lace bralettes or triangle bras most of the time, which eliminate the need to "fill" a "cup." You could also try for a demi bra, which because of the lower cut/smaller cup area may create less of that gap you're talking about as the bra doesn't cover much above your nipple. Some examples of hella cute non-padded small-chest-friendly bras:

calvinklein.com

journelle.com

urbanoutfitters.com

americanapparel.net ^^ i seriously have 3 of these

07-06-2011
V.I.P.

^^I'm the exact same! I'm usually a 32B or 30C but from my measurements I should be a 30B or 32A but because my chest is bottom-heavy as well it's more comfortable to size up. I absolutely detest the look and feel of push-up bras and only wear triangle bras as well. I also like wearing fitted tops instead of bras to give me a bit of support without having to wear a bra. Underwire bra are such a stupid invention, they hurt when they rub against my skin and I hate for my breasts to feel so caged.

I love Wolford and Hanro bras. This Wolford one is the best fit on me and looks amazing:

wolford

The Calvin Klein and eberjey ones are nice. Skiny has affordable and comfy ones, too.

08-06-2011
rising star

Thank you for all the suggestions! I thought I was the only one.

Unfortunately I don't do well with wireless bras, because I do have a BIT of cleavage (I'm a 32B or 32C). It also makes it so hard with sizing, because 32 is the smallest so I can't go any smaller.

I usually find that Calvin Klein bras fit a bit snug, but I'm going to try and play around with sizes a bit more since you both recommend them. The Wolford one is really nice as well, but probably a bit out of my price range at the moment.

lafindesiecle - What brand are the blue and red bras? They're gorgeous!

09-06-2011
fashion elite

All I know is that Clavin Klein bras are the only bras that have and want to have. They fit great and I don't find the wires in them uncomfortable. I'm also not into lace, paranoia induced by the days when I had to wear a school uniform and the winter shirts were already see through when dry.

04-09-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by etceteraism View Post
Thank you for all the suggestions! I thought I was the only one.

Unfortunately I don't do well with wireless bras, because I do have a BIT of cleavage (I'm a 32B or 32C). It also makes it so hard with sizing, because 32 is the smallest so I can't go any smaller.

I usually find that Calvin Klein bras fit a bit snug, but I'm going to try and play around with sizes a bit more since you both recommend them. The Wolford one is really nice as well, but probably a bit out of my price range at the moment.

lafindesiecle - What brand are the blue and red bras? They're gorgeous!
You should try Change bras. They come in 28 and 30 band sizes. To prevent gaping, I'd also recommend trying balconet-shaped bras.

08-01-2012
scenester

Nice thread
Hello everyone,

I like this thread a lot - mostly because I have a lingerie obsession and I think it's not normal :p

In this season (fall/winter) I bought more than 20 pieces of lingerie, including my favorite Intimissimi, Women's secret.

Intimissimi yesterday purchases:

from intimissimi.com

And this situation repeats every season - and now I own more lingerie then all of my friends and more than I have actual clothes! I always have 4-5 sets that still have their tags attached.

Is it possible? And how about you?

Last edited by Running River; 08-01-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Images link
08-01-2012
Noblesse oblige

I can't see your picture

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lingerie, thread