How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2012
trendsetter

How come I missed this thread, I'm obsessed with lingerie.

I have good experiences with Intimissimi too, but usually can't find appropriate size of bras, since most of them aren't made in C cup.

I love Lindex underwear too, the quality and fitting is great, especially for the price you pay.

If the sky would be a limit I would wear La Perla, Stella McCartney and Agent Provocateur.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

31-07-2012
windowshopping

Hatsumi's Laundry is divine! I want them to make more lingerie.
Etsy also has really unique and pretty lingerie.
Also Victorias Secret bralettes are THE BEST

I dream of having a collection of pretty bras haha (strange since I dress like a boy a lot of the time!)

rising star

Spent a week in France at the end of june, and I got just so lucky that my favorite lingerie brand was having a 50% off sale on everything! I went ape**** It's called Etam, and I don't know if anyone mentioned it in this thread, but it's good quality and really affordable, whether you like it comfortable or sexy.

05-08-2012
fashion icon

Does anybody know any companies that are UK based/will ship to the UK that do bras with a 28" back? I got measured on Friday as a 28C and the store that did it don't do any bras less than a 30",which I find comfier but probably don't give the right support.

06-08-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
Does anybody know any companies that are UK based/will ship to the UK that do bras with a 28" back? I got measured on Friday as a 28C and the store that did it don't do any bras less than a 30",which I find comfier but probably don't give the right support.
I used to work in lingerie and have never seen a 28c (granted this was in the US). I do know however that a tailor can add extra hooks to a bra to tighten the band, which could help add support. Sorry, I wish I knew of a brand! Most I know don't even dip below a 32" which sucks for those of us with narrow chests.

fashion icon

My sister works for a lingerie company and even she is struggling to help me out. It hadn't even occurred to me that a tailor could extra hooks,definetly something I will look into,thank you very much

07-08-2012
Power to the 99%

Bravissimo has 28D and is UK-based.

08-08-2012
fashion icon

^As always you come up with a solution to save my life

09-08-2012
trendsetter

I love TopShop & Forever 21's panties SO COMOFORTABLE & sexy.

10-09-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharrrina View Post
Spent a week in France at the end of june, and I got just so lucky that my favorite lingerie brand was having a 50% off sale on everything! I went ape**** It's called Etam, and I don't know if anyone mentioned it in this thread, but it's good quality and really affordable, whether you like it comfortable or sexy.
For some reason, I used to be so intimidated with Etam until recently that I've had awful days which led me to finally splurge on lace culottes and am so glad I did. Great SAs in my area too. Will definitely come back for their bras and packs of knickers.

10-09-2012
backstage pass

I always want to buy nice lingerie, but I feel like it's a waste if no one will see it. I do really like Target bras, though. They create very nice cleavage and they have lots of different pretty patterns and colors. I have a leopard-print one from there that always just makes me feel super sexy. I do really want one with a small, delicate floral print and maybe a lace edge. And a polka dot one. I want some more kind of delicately feminine ones. My bras are either kind of utilitarian or more sexy, like the leopard one. I need to get resized, though.

04-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetCupcake View Post
UGH, I HATE thongs, but almost all of my dresses require one in order to hide the dreaded pantyline. I'm thinking of purchasing a slip instead. Does anybody know an affordable US brand of slip that does a good job at hiding the pantyline. or am I the only person under the age of 50 that is even contemplating wearing a slip (not as outwear)?
I know its been years since that post, but I just have to say I don't think there is anything wrong with slips. I grew up wearing half-slips and I have continued to wear them into my 20s. I'd much rather wear a silky slip with pretty lace than Spanx...

09-12-2012
fashion icon

The lingerie sets by H&M that are so heavily advertised here in the UK right now look quite pretty...anybody any experience of bras from there?

09-12-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
The lingerie sets by H&M that are so heavily advertised here in the UK right now look quite pretty...anybody any experience of bras from there?
Yeah, actually I really like them, they fit me very well and are comfortable. I buy my plain smooth t-shirt bras from there. The lace is bad quality though. So I'd avoid the lacy ones and buy proper lingerie brands for the lace.

19-12-2012
fashion insider

Just out of curiosity; How many bras do you guys own? I remember reading about some french woman who had 365. One for each day of the year.

I don't count functional-only bras, like sport-bras or too loose bras you have kept because they are the only ones that fit under your work shirts

I count 10 bra sets in my own wardrobe that fit. Two more in the post

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lingerie, thread