How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
i imagine it's due to the nipple factor. my sister once overheard several male coworkers discussing a female coworker in some detail, & immediately went out & stocked up on industrial-strength bras. there was a time when i didn't care, but now it's a distraction i just don't want to arise, as it were--and so many workplaces are freezing cold.
For that, I personally prefer lined rather than padded or moulded bras. Lined bras are thicker and prevent the nipple factor, but still adapt to the shape of the breasts - padded or moulded bras usually have a very firm shape of their own that not everyone can fit into.
I used to have the same nipple issue, but I overcame it when I realised that I was a 34E and not the 38B I thought I was. Knowing my actual size was life changing. Learning about better fitting bras also taught me how much better for my shape balconettes are (rather than plunge bras) and lined or simply underwired bras (rather than moulded).
Panache and Freya are brands I know that make lined or underwired bras, but offer some moulded options too.

03-02-2013
trendsetter

I am sorry, but - how did you even fit in 38B if you are actually a 34E?

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
03-02-2013
front row

A 38B and a 34E have the same cup volume, on a different lenght back band. They're called "sister sizes". If you pick up a 32B and a 38B, for example, they won't be the same size I'll leave this link as an example with D cups (I hope I can link this? not my blog by any chance, but it is very educational): http://blog.butterflycollection.ca/2...same-size.html
Another link, although I think this one is with Australian sizes: http://broodsbigbrasblog.com/2012/05...are-huge-myth/

Most people are wearing too small cup sizes and too big band sizes due to the "measure your back and add x inches" myth: your back measurement should be your band measurement. I recommend to everyone to get fitted by a professional (no Victoria's Secret or anything like that). I also recommend visiting the website Bratabase.com, where you can see pics of women wearing, for example, 30G bras despite not having huge breasts

Last edited by barbaraaa; 03-02-2013 at 03:05 PM.
03-02-2013
trendsetter

Oh, I see, but would never think the cup sizes are so similar between those two. Thank you!

03-02-2013
Power to the 99%

i think what i usually end up with are molded not padded, but they are def lots thicker than some i've had in the past, which were just fabric ... i think it's pretty challenging to find a padded bra in my size.

i guess i was one of the small percentage wearing the correct size i still like shopping places where they have real fitters when i can.

03-02-2013
trendsetter

The Helena Christensen for Triumph collection is on Net-a-porter now, the prices are pretty high.

04-02-2013
unspecified

they are niiice thought.
Thanks Ta-ta for an answer on my long list of questions about life!!! I do remember now reading in a lot of product descriptions of VS with something about preventing nip action or similar. There should be a technology that didn't require the stiffness that padding brings. I'm NOT a fan.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
04-02-2013
front row

Some lined bras will ~prevent nip action~ without being stiff with a moulded shape of their own if you go to a good lingerie store they will probably be able to help you!

07-02-2013
windowshopping

If anybody wants slips, you can look for the Vanity Fair or Dixie Belle brands. Of course there's incredible vintage ones out there for a steal. If you're going for a full slip, you choose the size based on your bra size...if you wear a 36 bra you wear a 36 slip. That said, I've found you can go a size up (36 to 38) or down (36 to 34) and still get a nice fit.

A half slip tends to go by your waist size.

16-02-2013
Power to the 99%

trueandco
how cute is this? just ordered, hopefully will fit ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parfait Charlotte Red web.jpg (36.0 KB, 1 views)

15-04-2013
front row

I just got these two... I bought them from Figleaves and I must say the customer service was perfect (there was an issue with the card and they called me all the way from England to sort it out), and the package arrived super fast too (shipped wednesday, got here today!):

figleaves.com

15-04-2013
trendsetter

^ Beautiful, especially the first. I have a similar one from Intimissimi, totally unpadded and with wider straps which I find super elegant and supportive. One of my favourites.

19-01-2014
front row

Hi!

First time poster in this thread and boy do I need your help. None of my lingerie fits me and since my bra size has changed, I am now looking for very different products. No more push ups and I'm hoping to find something comfortable, because I cannot wear boned bras anymore, everything hurts so bad.

I am looking for some nice triangle and soft bras. I am a size 75C, not even sure how to convert that. I would prefer something in black, with lace.

Can any of you lovely ladies help me? I would really appreciate it, I literally do not want to go out anymore, because that means wearing a bra and pain!

Thank you.

P.S. I live in Slovenia (Europe), so stores that are from the EU or UK would bre great.

19-01-2014
V.I.P.

^I guess it depends a lot on what budget you have. If you don't mind spending a lot of money on lingerie, look at Eres bras. They have amazing ones that fit really well. And even their all-lace soft and triangle bras give enough support for larger breasts. And they are beautiful! Unfortunately they're too expensive for me even when they're on sale, otherwise I would get all my lingerie from them

Other brands brands that have great, comfortable wireless bras are Hanro and Cosabella.

With cheaper brands I've made the experience that they often don't offer enough support, or they use stiff lace that is actually just as painful as when you are wearing a metal wired bra. I do like Skiny, but I'm not sure they would give you enough support for your bra size. GAP Body and H&M sometimes have some that are pretty good, too.

BTW, if it helps, I'm between a 70B ands 75B and I usually get a S (36/38) in triangle bras.

Good luck with finding something that doesn't give you pain!

19-01-2014
front row

Oh, thank you so much Psylocke! Great links - I really like the Cosabella stuff. To tell you the truth about my budget - even the Cosabella is expensive to me. But there is a job prospect in the future and then I WILL get an Eres bra!

Ordered something from Fig Leaves, and when I get my paycheck, I have my eye on a gorgeous Cosabella one.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lingerie, thread