How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-06-2007
tfs star

I prefer the white. Pretty and simple.

05-06-2007
rising star

old thread but I love the india set!

I'm looking for underwire bra's in lace and matching shorties, any recs? so far I love elle mcpherson ( it's a pain getting it CPed or buying it on the net without trying it on though), la perla (don't love the price tag), huit etc

14-06-2007
barack the vote

i got the annalise set... i it

have you guys seen the lingerie by huit? it's so lovely...

18-06-2007
V.I.P.

I admit to buying mostly H&M lingerie because I can't afford the prices of La Perla etc. Their stuff is actually of decent quality depending on which style you choose and either girlish or sexy. Plus, they have lots of variety and many different styles.

backstage pass

I buy nearly everything here, as it is very difficult to find bras of my size where I live But I like that shop a lot, anyway, so it's not that bad wearing only things from there.

15-11-2007
tfs star

The Lingerie/Underwear Thread
I've done some searches as I wondered if we have an official Lingerie thread. Now I havent come across one but if there is one then please point it out to me! (and maybe merge this into it). It would be real nice to have somewhere we can discuss the new trends in underwear, styles we like and dont, how much we spend and how often etc. If we dont have one then I think i'll start one to touch base with all you underwear obsessives like me!

Now I have quite an obession with underwear and have many categories for its use, for instance work panties, comfy panties, sexy panties etc. Does anyone else do this sort of thing? Or am I just a nutter?!
I cant go one week without buying some new underwear and have tons and tons. I'm surely not the only one like this as its the most important part of an outfit in my opinion.

So how do y'all view underwear? is it just something that you throw on and only think about then someone is going to see them or do you painstakingly pick out perfect pieces as closely as you do your outfit?

15-11-2007
oh! darling

I am a Victoria's Secret PNIK freak when it comes to their underwear. Personally, the quality is quite poor so I end up paying a shxt load for underwear that'll wear out within a few days. But it feels so good just to walk into a VS anyway!

I categorize my underwear as well. I have lacy black ones for promiscuous nights ; "granny" panties I wear when I'm lounging around; and cute floral ones just for school. I will never wear thongs though. Unless I need to hide panty lines, which I have never had to before, I won't wear thongs because they are tasteless.

V.I.P.

I am absolutely obessed with the VS "very sexy" collection. They make up 85% of my underwear wardrobe.

15-11-2007
front row

i'm kinda particular about lingerie matching my outfit... not necessarily b/c of the prospect of people seeing it, i just like to be coordinated. i'm definitely not the type to buy all matching sets though, that's a little much for me...

my everyday stuff is mainly cotton and stretch lace, lots of dkny and calvin klein. comfort is key and so i have lots of bikinis. i also have a bunch of hanky panky thongs, which look good and feel good under tight things. bras- nothing with underwire. i actually prefer to wear frilly camisoles instead in the winter.

if i'm going out, i wear my better stuff to go with my better clothes... mostly lace + stretch satin.

i gave up on victoria's secret a long time ago. i don't think the quality matches the price-point. i'm REALLY picky about fabrics and stuff...

15-11-2007
tfs star

no thats understandable as the fabric is so close to the skin it has to feel good!

15-11-2007
scenester

I probably have just as many pairs of underwear as I do clothes in general. They're just as important and just wearing your favorite lingerie set underneath your outfit is the easiest way to pick up your mood. I'm glad there's a thread on this topic.

15-11-2007
V.I.P.

hmmm...i'm assuming a guy can also contribute to this thread
if so, i personally love a woman who has nice lingerie. it says a lot about character and sophistication. my favourites are eres and agent provocatuer (the nyc store is amazing)...both pricey but soo sexy

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by litchickuk View Post
Now I have quite an obession with underwear and have many categories for its use, for instance work panties, comfy panties, sexy panties etc. Does anyone else do this sort of thing? Or am I just a nutter?!
I do the same. That I have sexy underwear, casual underwear (that can be sexy, cute or a mixture) and then ugly old underwear for when I'm on my period. I don't want to end up accidentally staining brand new things that I love. Actually, I don't think anyone does!

I don't like the boyshorts trend much unless they're lacy. I do like low-rise/hipster underwear, though. I like Brazilian bikini or tanga style ones that show a bit of your butt, but don't go right up the crack. Kind of halfway between ordinary knickers and a thong. If I do buy a thong (either for sexy underwear or so there is no line seen through clothes) I only buy low-rise ones and never string ones. I find that mid-rise (and higher) G-string type ones make it look like the underwear is too large and it makes everyone's butt look like it's too low and flat because the 'T' in the underwear is much higher up than where the girl's butt crack ends! I think it looks very unflattering.

15-11-2007
flaunt the imperfection

there is a thread about hte best lingerie designers in D&C..
but it does not involve personal discussion about one's undergarments....

not sure we really WANT discussions about that ......
at least not in great detail...if you get my drift...

15-11-2007
flaunt the imperfection

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ers-31313.html this is the other thread...it's quite good actually..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lingerie, thread