How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2007
tfs star

kezme - of course a mans opinion is always welcomed!

15-11-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
but it does not involve personal discussion about one's undergarments....

not sure we really WANT discussions about that ......
at least not in great detail...if you get my drift...

we are talking about underwear not whats underneath it! dont worry we will always keep it clean! (pun intended!)

15-11-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange View Post
I don't like the boyshorts trend much unless they're lacy. I do like low-rise/hipster underwear, though. I like Brazilian bikini or tanga style ones that show a bit of your butt, but don't go right up the crack. Kind of halfway between ordinary knickers and a thong. If I do buy a thong (either for sexy underwear or so there is no line seen through clothes) I only buy low-rise ones and never string ones. I find that mid-rise (and higher) G-string type ones make it look like the underwear is too large and it makes everyone's butt look like it's too low and flat because the 'T' in the underwear is much higher up than where the girl's butt crack ends! I think it looks very unflattering.
i kind of like the boy shorts thing as they are quite comfortable especially under jeans but they have to side seamed rather than the more common down the middle you seam - unless its padded properly. The lace ones are good though, especially if you want to cover your butt and still be sexy for your partner.
I like a good thong or a thicker g string but not these ones that literally are 2 pieces of string! They need to cover a little bit more than that. they are really comfortable and are great for work as im moving around alot.

now do y'all always have to match pants to knickers or just on special occasions? or maybe you never like to match even then?

i personally like to wear mismatched underwear except for when its going to be seen. But even then i buy a bra and go for not exactly matching pants! Personally i dont like it to match as i like the variation of it. dont why but is prob the same reason i wear odd socks all the time too!

15-11-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by litchickuk View Post
i kind of like the boy shorts thing as they are quite comfortable especially under jeans but they have to side seamed rather than the more common down the middle you seam - unless its padded properly.
To each their own, I guess! I just don't like the style as much as the hipster/low-rise bikini ones.

Quote:
i personally like to wear mismatched underwear except for when its going to be seen. But even then i buy a bra and go for not exactly matching pants! Personally i dont like it to match as i like the variation of it. dont why but is prob the same reason i wear odd socks all the time too!
I don't wear a bra. It's much easier! I would often find that the knickers I liked did not have a matching bra in my size, anyway. Also they only ever have one bra and one pair of knickers in a set. When I wore bras I never wore them for just one day because boobs don't get that dirty. I really thought it would make more sense for a set to include one bra with several pairs of underwear so you don't suddenly become mismatched after one day of wearing your new underwear set.

16-11-2007
V.I.P.

I'm a Victoria's Secret freak as well. Yes, part of it is due to what I feel as a personal obligation to support my company (since Limited Brands owns both VS and Bath and Body Works, where I work), but I love their stuff and I don't feel like the underwear I wear is banal or boring anymore. Part of my thing was due to my bra size, when I went shopping I was limited to stuff that I would not be caught dead wearing, between wide straps, seams, ugly lace, you name it. So for them to have some stuff in my size that fit and was fashionable was amazing for me.

I'm not a matchy-matchy person-I only wear thongs though, unless I am wearing a short skirt, in which case I'll wear a seamless boyshort. Everyone I know is like that...

16-11-2007
V.I.P.

I am very much of the motition you were pretty things underneath you feel sexy .. even if no one knows its there

I love lingerie .. im a complete addict .. i love corsets to make my waist teany tiny .. and everything HAS to match im just a tadd odd about it

16-11-2007
fashion icon

I also love Victoria's Secret - body by Victoria's Secret - the most comfortable and prices are all right!
I love Eres http://www.eresparis.com/en-us/ very nice, not that comfortable for me though, but very pretty
And La Perla, and Malizia

17-11-2007
rising star

I am sort of extreme when it comes to undies. Occasionally, I splurge on luxe brands like La Perla or I get some cheap cuties from Walmart, Marshall's, etc.

For undies, I mostly wear tangas. I wear them with everything. Thongs? Can't stand them. I only wear them when I know they will be peeled off within the next 15 minutes.

I can't do VS anything. The quality is not up to my standards, and they're not cheap enough to override their poor quality. So overrated.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBelAge View Post
For undies, I mostly wear tangas. I wear them with everything. Thongs? Can't stand them. I only wear them when I know they will be peeled off within the next 15 minutes.

I can't do VS anything. The quality is not up to my standards, and they're not cheap enough to override their poor quality. So overrated.
^ I thought I was the only person who thought that about VS... My hubby bought me a chemise from there for a birthday present and within a month or so it had fallen apart!

Also, which stores do you get tangas from? I've looked everywhere in Canadian stores and I can't find any!

17-11-2007
rising star

I live in Cali and I have found cheapy tangas at stores like TJ Marshall's, Walmart, etc. They're not common like thongs or boy shorts or granny panties, so I have to be patient and sift through the racks.

You can also find them online:
http://www.herroom.com/DKNY-Lace-Gal...-470539,4.html
http://www.herroom.com/Maidenform-La...1-40319,4.html

This one is a bit racy:
http://www.herroom.com/Chantelle-Cha...01-2809,4.html

Land's End has a tanga:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/StretchLa...ll-_-data_feed

I know, tangas are not easy to find at all. When I find them in a store, I usually buy at least 5. I live in fear that the underwear industry will stop making tangas altogether. LOL!

Last edited by LeBelAge; 17-11-2007 at 08:22 PM.
17-11-2007
V.I.P.

so my next contribution here....personally i'm a boxer briefs guy, preferably in black and by dolce & gabbana. when i don't feel like spending $60 on one, i can also do ck....if you are creeped put by my posts, just say so

backstage pass

LeBelAge - Thanks for all those links, your post was very helpful! Maybe I should also look harder next time and not give up so easily. It is just hard not to do that when I rarely find much of anything (either it's not a style I like, it's too big, or too pricey).

25-11-2007
barack the vote

yay underwear! it's very strange but i absolutely love shopping for underwear/lingerie and i get some very strange satisfaction when my bra and my panties are matching

i really like eberjey and honeydew for lingerie. victoria's secret pink is also fun.

sorry for being a creeper, but do the majority of people here wear thongs? or just normal undies?

26-11-2007
trendsetter

Does anyone else like Agent Provocateur? I have a few bras from them.

27-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutxpaste View Post

sorry for being a creeper, but do the majority of people here wear thongs? or just normal undies?
just normal undies

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lingerie, thread