How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2008
front row

Vintage style lingerie based in UK http://www.whatkatiedid.com

04-04-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismine View Post
^so true, i actually like her line..haven't bought anything from it though. is it good quality?
Yes is my impression ... the few things I've seen have had too much going on tho ...

I have some Calvin Klein lace that's good under clothes ... I'm always looking for things that will be invisible. Cosabella boy shorts are good for that, but the nylon mesh isn't very comfortable. You would think rayon/lyocell would be pretty comfortable, but I don't recall ever seeing it used in this context ...

Budding young designers of tFS, I see an opportunity here

04-04-2008
?

kaki: How well does the AP Kitty bra fit? I'm on the hunt for something more bralet-ish but with good support (I'm a b), to wear underneath sheer t-shirts and v-necks..

front row

oh yes elle mcpherson is very good quality! just don't be dumb and accicentally put your lacey panties through the wash like i did

04-04-2008
front row

I agree - I love both Elle Macpherson and Agent Provocateur. My favorite bra is probably either my green satin Nikita or my blue Kitty bra from AP! I'm extremely small in the top (30b, 32a), so I really have to dig around for something sexy (and usually end up splurging.)

I really love Chantal Thomass's designs, but I'm having trouble finding US boutiques that carry their product!

Has anyone tried the new Stella McCartney lingerie collection? I ran into my local Neiman's to check it out, and wasn't very impressed. As someone who spent a few months working in Lingerie at Nordstrom, I have to say that I'm not very impressed. I think Natori is really comparable, without the really high price point. Any thoughts?

front row

Stella - if you're a B, it might fit you just fine! It seems as if it would fit a 32b, or a shallow 32c ideally. I love wearing it under sheer v-necks - it looks great with the lace peeking out! It's a little bit loose on me, so I don't find it a great support bra (not like the Nikita), but I think that if you were bigger in the cup, it might offer better support! It actually has wires in the sides (you can't feel them, though), but my boobs are so small that I don't need them, haha.

Best to check what AP's return policy is on bras, just in case you don't like how it feels! Other than that, it's great quality~ Love it!

?

Oh, that sounds great! We have an AP store in Stockholm so I will probably go there and try it on in person. I looked on the website and it comes in a champagne colour too.. I think I like the blue better but champagne might look better with white. I have a lot of sheer white t-shirts..

Anyway, thanks for the reply

?

^^ I looked at the Stella McCartney lingerie in flesh yesterday. I, too, was unimpressed. The price definitely didn't seem justified. The bras were no better than the other high-end ones that cost half as much.

V.I.P.

^^ its so boring imo not girly or sexy or feminine in anyway imo.. its very mumsy and nasty imo

04-04-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowqueen View Post
I am very much of the motition you were pretty things underneath you feel sexy .. even if no one knows its there

I love lingerie .. im a complete addict .. i love corsets to make my waist teany tiny .. and everything HAS to match im just a tadd odd about it
Completely agree:p

05-04-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowqueen View Post
^^ its so boring imo not girly or sexy or feminine in anyway imo.. its very mumsy and nasty imo
are they only sold at stella boutiques? i've only seen pictures of them on her website but i didn't think they looked that bad..i guess that's the magic of photo-editing

05-04-2008
?

kismine: No, the line is aslo sold at department stores. And yes, I think the styling in the promo pictures makes the pieces seem a lot more beautiful than they are.

front row

^that's the word i was looking for, styling..not photo-editing

thanks for the infostellamare

06-04-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutxpaste View Post
sorry for being a creeper, but do the majority of people here wear thongs? or just normal undies?
I wear both but usually thongs. I don't think they are seier or anything, its just that normal pants or french knickers especially roll up my legs and I can't waer them under trousers. Grr.

07-04-2008
front row

i usually wear the lacy thongs with the wide bands. hankie pankies are expensive but worth it. sooo comfy

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lingerie, thread