How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-04-2011
front row

I don't know, I think the shape and material of a skirt is more important than the length. Like, if loose, hippy-style skirts are what flatters your body most, you're going to look bad wearing a tailored, narrow skirt no matter how long it is. Or if a straight up and down silhouette flatters your body type, a fishtail or flare is going to look horrible regardless of the length.

xing, can you maybe have the skirt taken up in the middle? It's so hard to find someone competent enough to handle nice clothes, though. I knew this really amazing tailor in San Francisco who could fix anything to fit. I think for some of the stuff I brought in he must have taken the garment apart, made it smaller and just sewn it back together, but I haven't found anyone who could do anything like that since. Most tailors screw up even taking the waist in.

20-04-2011
doldrums

Long skirts seems to come and go and overall I'm a fan. I have a long skirt which I plan to pair up with a plain white t-shirt for a more relaxed kind of feel. I think this is the key for not looking matronly.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
long, skirt