How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-01-2004
windowshopping

if so why?

I personally do, because they tend to have more fun style to them, and fit my thin body better.

29-01-2004
V.I.P.

Absolutely not. Some times when I see a woman wearing a polo shirt, I think to myself, 'polo shirts look so much better on her then on me', then I realise that the thing that I like is the womans chest, if I was wearing the same shirt, It would not look good, unless I had breasts, and a womans figure, and was a woman.

29-01-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

i just think that with stores like h & m (to start at the low end) and labels like dior homme (at the very farthest opposite extreme) there are cute trendy clothes made for men that accomodate a man's shape that are just as stylish and fashionable as women's clothes. i defy any man to find a woman's jean that is cut skinnier and lower than dior homme.

yes

my nan once left one of her cashmere cardigans at our house and i decided it was cool so i wore it to london fashion week......i looked very posh in it kinda english preppy

29-01-2004
& b

I wear women's clothing I women's jeans, because they fit so well on me, especially True Religion. Dior Homme jeans are awesome, I have tried them millions of times, but I haven't found a pair on a vintage store, so, I can't afford them . From longsleeved shirts to tanks, from turtlenecks to tees, polos, vintage YSL and Dior blazers and suits... they all fit better.. Of course, I won't go crazy buying really femenine clothing, except from my Gucci top which is black silk with a deep V neck, a la Jlo which I absolutely adore... but now with trends from recent menswear, I think that wearing that gorgeous Helmut Lang top which reveals everything, there is nothing to be scared about... as long as it doesn't look like women's clothes, yes I wear them all...

V.I.P.

some times

tfs star

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@Jan 29th, 2004 - 11:00 pm
my nan once left one of her cashmere cardigans at our house and i decided it was cool so i wore it to london fashion week......i looked very posh in it kinda english preppy
You showed me a picture of you wearing that, you looked cute!

30-01-2004
scenester

no, i stick with mens clothes

i dont really see why anyone would need to wear womens clothes when alot of the designer stuff out there has a clearly defined feminine edge. For example alot of versaces spring/summer line are silk prints with a long feminine cuff and alot of embriodery, and even rhinestones and whatnot on their shirts and in their belts. I personally draw the line with rhinestones and sparkly material. I do like looking different from every other guy wearing khakis and a french blue shirt, but i still like to keep an unmistakably male look.

I do hear what your saying about fit tho, my first criterion when shopping is always fit, if its not at least a little snug, and holds a clean line to my body, i dont even consider it, no matter how much i like it.

dl

-come to think of it i do have a white belt i found in the womens section of urban outfitters...

30-01-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Sometimes I have to because men's clothes are simply too large or conservatively cut.

V.I.P.

I agree with dl20. D&G have a lot of stuff of has that 'feminin' edge while preserving that masculinity. I wore a D&G jumper that my mum said was quote' discusting'. It was skin tight you see, figure hugging. I liked It.

30-01-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

D&G's speciality is that kind of macho/girly combo...anyone remember the double breasted pinstripe suit (i.e. MAN-suit) which then had lace ties at the back?

Peoples' mums always like my clothes

V.I.P.

People's Mum's like my clothes too, but my mum's scared I might attract girls. Im being honest. She does like me to look nice though, and has the best fashion sense I've ever seen in a person.

30-01-2004
& b

I have a pair of four or five seasons ago Prada white shorts for men, they are super short, and I loove them, and they look good in my butt and legs

backstage pass

when i see guys wearing girls jeans there usually lower priced brands like women's abercrombie or express jeans -- probably because they can't afford brands like diesel or paper denim that have a much better silhouette.

yeah in my experience when stores like express has jeans for guys that they say are lowrise there not really that low. another reason why some guys who cant afford the higher end stuff go to women's

yeah and i can see slimmer guys wearing girls jeans. i'm thinner too and alot of 'slim' styles from lower priced stores arnt slim on me at all.

03-02-2004
V.I.P.

No, because they don't fit.

However, my wife loves wearing my sweaters and jackets...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clothing, men, wear, womens