How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2009
front row

Another interesting picture which I found at lookbook.nu:

This one

18-10-2009
trendsetter

^I like when men wear thights, but only if they wear thigts, and not bycicle pants. And also, I think it looks better when thinner men wear it.

19-10-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
You have got to be kidding, do you actually really believe women are jealous of men leg definition? Most women would recoil in horror if they woke up on day with a men's type of legs. What is there to be jealous about?
I already said I don't see any reason for being jelous.

But this article shows an interesting thing about women's legs: nearly half of British women hate their legs.

25-05-2010
rising star

Found this while searching. About 1910 when the photo was taken. This was back around the Jack La Lane days with black tights and tshirt or body suit. I personally own some tights and leggings. I think the utility of them are coming back in play. Even before 1910, men worn them during dark ages but were a little different then. Also, in colonial times, men worn stockings with pants, not socks as thought. Temperatures were very cold then due to open land and no heaters escept for maybe some type of oil lamp. During the time of when dance started to be enjoyed, Men dressed up for dance performances, women were not in dance. Men worn tights then. 1900s this was the start of more times to come. Look at the English. They still wear tights today. Long johns came from that much later.
(C) www.shorpy.com

Home » Image galleries » Photographers » Harris + Ewing
Men in Tights: 1910

Submitted by Dave on Fri, 09/11/2009 - 5:08am.
Tags:

27-05-2010
rising star

BTW, leggings for men are big in Japan. There was an article somewhere. The leggings are worn with knee or longer length shorts. It is quite fashionable. Just think of it being worn as if they are thermals. After all, there is not much difference and not to mention they dont itch.

27-05-2010
rising star

To all of you that may not agree with anyone, this is a national news article about Clothing Challenges in the workplace. Women wearing pantyhose vs men wearing neckties. Each had changed for this survey to see which is more uncomfortable. Yes, switched. Women worn neckties, two men worn pantyhose all day. Worn at work with shorts, played sports, worked in the garden, rode the subway. All in Kansas. ABC surveyed two years ago. BTW, tights for men are avaiable on line. Activskin is one known brand. Another is WoMAN but forgot the maker. Check it out.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Springtime/story?id=5175302

27-05-2010
rising star

Someone by the name of Matay and LostinNJ posted these pictures. I actually did too. There was a news article some time ago about men wearing leggings in Japan. Very popular. By Japanese Streets.com. See below:

14-06-2010
rising star

Saw this online today and noticed one soccer player wearing what appeared to be leggings or tights prior to a game this past weekend. See here:

http://www.soccer-training-info.com/..._in_tights.asp

22-06-2010
rising star

Soccer players wearing tights
Another site had a player wearing tights for soccer. Actually looks great.

Tights fit for Balanta
By BOB HAYES

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2116054.ece

02-07-2010
rising star

My legwear for men suggestion
This is my fashion input for legwear for men. There are many sites that men could buy tights for them. Legwear4men, Activskin are a few. These are my pictures with tights in the summer or fall. The top photo is today along with the lower left. Top is Hollister shirt, plaid shorts, and white tights. Lower left is light blue footless tights over black tights, Reebok shorts with CROC slippers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RSCN4538b.JPG (18.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4536.JPG (15.9 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by softgrey; 04-07-2010 at 10:22 AM.
04-07-2010
flaunt the imperfection

i have merged two threads here because each one was full of overlaps...

in any case...

there are very few times when men look good in either tights OR leggings...

and i would NOT recommend it to anyone...for any reason...

27-09-2010
rising star

Fall idea - Tights for men with shorts
I thought I look into it. There have been fashion shows with men wearing footless tights and overseas in Japan leggings and tights for men have been popular. ALso, europe still is big on tights for men. These are my photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4952.JPG (156.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by ecman2wst; 27-09-2010 at 11:40 AM.
27-09-2010
rising star

Polls show that tights / leggings for men are becoming acceptable
I thought I also note that polls on Chictopia.com are showing interest in tights for men. I believe I am the one who started it, however, I dont know of any other polls. I know there are more pictures here from past fashion shows that had models wearing leggings and tights the past few years. If it is done well, why not. Casual or work style if could find a way to make it work. Go to chictopia.com and go check out my polls. Twenty percent are thinking acceptable if nicely worn with shorts or shirt.

07-10-2010
front row

Did you think about something similar to Emporio Armani Spring 2011?

(nymag.com)

front row

I liked the look at Givenchy, I feel like with the right pieces it could look fine,
but when worn just to wear the trend please no, and im fully expecting to see a lot of fashion victumy looks revolved around the trend

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
leggings, men, tights