How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-01-2008
V.I.P.

quite a few lads in my college wear them as trousers, normally very spandexy and lyra'ish in bright neon colour or in metalic .. normally with an over sized tee shirt or crop top .. some times with heals .. either way its all very ott and gittery and shiney .. can look fab if done right ill try n get pictures ... btw i go to an arts college.. which has a massive fashion department so people are very shall we say .. experimental

20-01-2008
rising star

A couple of weeks ago I bought the black Number (N)ine cotton/cashmere tights. They're very slim, but not as tight as a second skin, so to speak. They're quite thick and very textured and unbelievably comfortable to wear. Soft and warm and nice. Some people has commented on them - also some negative, of course. Some people just don't get it. But I can't be bothered by ignorance.

rising star

I think it is ok. I have thermals that resemble leggings and different brands of legigngs and tights. Sports styles and casual styles. See my posts above. I will check for yours another day.

23-01-2008
rising star

Legwear for men
I have tried Activskin. Good quality but may not last long. May be wrong fabric or design. UnderArmor HeatGear is good for sports outings. Keeps heat in but I dont know about the cold. I havent tried the Coldgear. I have Nike, Reebok, NewBalance and Athleticworks. AthleticWorks (at Walmart) is a thermal style but nylon - performance apparel w/ fly. Others listed are good midweight - Nike, Reebok, NewBalance - poly / nylon. They are outthere. There are some cotton and nylon brands you could buy at local women shops. They are leggings that you could sport too. Check around at local small shops. Ask around

23-01-2008
V.I.P.

For people who have tried nylon / polyester legwear
does it cause a lot of static?

I find when I wear synthetics, it creates a lot of static
and I always get zapped when I touch metal things

weird question I know

23-01-2008
front row

"Men leggings" thank you

24-01-2008
windowshopping

oh god, not for me lol

30-01-2008
rising star

A few more samples of pictures. Good ideas for casual wear. If women could wear tights or leggings why not men. Check out my photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2132.JPG (196.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2133.JPG (190.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2135.JPG (191.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2143.JPG (195.4 KB, 2 views)

31-01-2008
windowshopping

I always thought it was a little normal for men to wear leggings for exercising?

Here are some men leggings in action for Marni Fall 2007

style.com

I personally am not a fan of leggings being worn where one can see one's bum.. please put something over your bum no matter what gender you are!

01-02-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
For people who have tried nylon / polyester legwear
does it cause a lot of static?

I find when I wear synthetics, it creates a lot of static
and I always get zapped when I touch metal things

weird question I know
I believe this is an issue where gender would not make a difference No, I don't have an issue with static when I wear tights. However, I don't wear much of anything else synthentic ... (a little lycra blended in maybe)

Usually when I get zapped it's when the air is really dry in the middle of winter, I don't think it makes a difference what I'm wearing ...

01-02-2008
rising star

What did you think of my options above?

13-02-2008
rising star

Footless tights and leggings are hot items. Leggings with sneakers, uggs, or ballet flats and a tunic or long shirt is a good trend in LA.

01-06-2008
rising star

[

Leggings in various forms and under various names have been worn for warmth and protection by both men and women throughout the centuries. The separate hose worn by men in Europe from the 14th to 16th centuries (the Renaissance period) were a form of leggings, as are the trews of the Scottish Highlands. Separate leggings of buckskin leather were worn by some Native Americans; These were adopted by some Long Hunters, French fur trappers, and later by mountain men. They are the leatherstockings of James Fenimore Cooper's Leatherstocking Tales. The Buckskins, however were mostly a dull grey brain-tan, not the bright, glossy vegetable tanned leather we so commonly see today. It was also common for leggings to be made of light wool.

In many places, especially in colder countries such as ex:Russia or Korea men and women continued to wear wool leggings into modern times, often as an additional outer layer for warmth.
The linen pantalettes worn by girls and women under crinolines in the mid-19th century were also a form of leggings, and were originally two separate garments.
Leggings became a part of fashion in the 1960s, as trousers similar to the capris pants but much tighter.
It was not until the fitness and aerobics craze in the very early 1980s that leggings became fashionable as gym-styled street wear for women.

[
[edit] Modern leggings

Leggings in the form of skin-tight trousers, a tighter version of the capris ending at mid-calf or near ankle length, made its way into fashion in the 1960s and were worn with a large belt and slip-on high heels or ballet flat-styled shoes.
Leggings made from a nylon-lycra blend (usually 90% nylon, 10% lycra) are traditionally worn for exercise, although beginning in the 1980s they have also been worn for fashion. Nylon lycra leggings are often referred to as bicycle or running tights, and are shinier in appearance than those made from cotton. Many have racing stripes or reflective patterns to further distinguish them as athletic wear and provide extra safety.
Leggings made from cotton-lycra, or a cotton-polyester-lycra combination, are more typically worn for fashion, but are also common as fitness apparel as well. Although cotton lycra leggings can come in many colors, black, navy, and various shades of gray remain the most commonly worn. Leggings may also come in a variety of colorful prints and designs.
Leggings are typically ankle-length; they are occasionally stirrupped, or less commonly, footed.
Because of their comfort and attractive appearance, leggings quickly found their way out of the fitness clubs and into everyday casualwear.
Wearing black leggings under long, often diaphanous, skirts was part of a general fashion trend of wearing gym or dance clothes as street wear that evolved along with the fitness craze and under the influence of the movie Flashdance and the long-running Broadway show A Chorus Line. A more recent trend pairs black leggings with short skirts.
By the early-1990s, leggings were actually outselling jeans in many parts of the United States, but a backlash of sorts occurred in the mid-late '90s regarding the clothing item. Men have also begun to wear leggings more frequently in recent years as long underwear, and for more casual physical activities such as walking, hiking or gardening, replacing the old standby, sweatpants. Leggings are also worn as a fashion trend by men on the London electro-music scene.
In 2005, leggings began to make a "comeback" into the world of high fashion by pairing capri-length leggings with mini skirts with this resurgence continuing into 2006 and 2007. This resurgence coincided with the popularity of boho-chic as a general style of fashion. Consequently, leggings are also now popular to wear with oversized, long sweaters. This trend towards tight pants can alternately be seen in the resurgence of skinny jeans.
At the Marni Men's show during the Fall 2007 Fashion Week, outfits with leggings designed solely for men were introduced. [1]

01-06-2008
backstage pass

Money Tuff, where did you find those pics? On his site I just see black'n white pictures.

I think it can work in highfashionish outfits such as the ones Money Tuff posted, or on very alternative/punky guys, tights as in the pictures on tights-for-men is just a bit disturbing.

(I have to wear wollen leggings in the winter, but that is under pants and is just a nessecity in the winter to keep certain things from freezing off nothing to do with fashion)

06-06-2008
rising star

Sydney Roosters
Rugby League

Waratahs
Rugby Union

Queensland Roar
Soccer (Football)

Perth Glory
Soccer (Football)

Newcastle Jets
Soccer (Football)

Giddeon Massie

Cycling

This is from Cycling.com - SKINS compression tights. See more and more popular for sports for athletes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
leggings, men, tights