How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-11-2008
rising star

Guys and gals! Did you review the sidewalk cafe street look for London and the other city? Leggings and tights are in fashion for men! Look at a few of the pictures! I have been wearing them to gym but not like this. Maybe printed leggings for men will catch on here in the states outside of gym use to be worn as grunge revisted styling! Look into the Sidewalk Cafe. Post opinions!

09-12-2008
rising star

Has anyone noticed anyone wearing tights while cycling? Do you see any guys wearing the cycling brand or running brand? Do you see any men wearing regular tights but you think its long socks at first? I have noticed a few riding to the gym or other places or just cycling. I noticed a few wearing long socks over tights with shorts. A layered look here in California has been a trend lately. What do you think of guys wearing black, navy, white, or tan tights with shorts? How about performance apparel that resemble leggings? Any comments?

09-12-2008
V.I.P.

All the men I see who are cycling are wearing tights ^
It is always black tights..
Sometimes they are not wearing anything on top of the tights, like professional cyclists

13-01-2009
rising star

Cyclists in LA and around LA Metro wear black nylon cylcing pants called tights. Some wear black cotton or nylon tights with basketball shorts and socks over them. Looks ok.

02-03-2009
front row

these are as close to leggings as i have, they are 80s gaultier pants made out of some sort of elasticized material (material tag fell off).

pic mine

also saw a pair of vintage jpg homme pants at a thrift store once, they were baggier than these but made of a thick wool knit (like that of a sweater or women's leg warmers). sadly the wrong size so i didn't buy them.

Last edited by fashion.fashoff; 02-03-2009 at 07:29 PM.
02-03-2009
tfs star

I was talking to my friend who works at Burberry the other day and this guy came in wearing the Louis Vuitton leggings and he actually pulled them off very well.

02-03-2009
backstage pass

Skinny jeans are far as i would go

They look good on ballet dancers tho

02-03-2009
scenester

I've seen some people pull it off very well.

I have a pair of black skinny jeans that looks like leggings from a far distance

Leggings by Odyn Vovk
http://ns1.revolveclothing.com/image...VOV-MP4_V4.jpg
http://ns1.revolveclothing.com/image...VOV-MP4_V1.jpg

Last edited by dnv67; 02-03-2009 at 09:38 PM.
02-03-2009
V.I.P.

it looks good with the long shorts over top^

19-04-2009
rising star

Today I was in Mamhattan Beach. I was road cycling and noticed a guy running. He was wearing board shorts and tights. He was jogging. More and more guys are taking to this fashion. Becoming popular. May been tights or running tights.

19-04-2009
Looking Up

Id rather freeze and get frost bites than wear leg warmers. I just dont like them. I never wearn shorts anyway lol

15-07-2009
rising star

Men wearing tights has caught on in the past two years. I have noticed a guy wearing cotton leggings, one guy wearing black tights with basketball uniform while walking with girlfriend. I didnt realize it until I turned around and noticed his legs black and not dark brown for him. Another with shorts and sandals with leggings, a guy wearing black tights over socks on bike, and a guy walking today wearing black tights over socks. I just happened to notice the second pair of socks while he crossed the street. As for the gym, an occasional spandex legging with shorts. Me I wear leggings while biking, gym wearing footed nude or tan tights, footless tights in black or tan but worn at the knees instead of fully worn down. No comments. Only a few smiles. I had worn them to the gym a year ago and a girl asked in class if I was wearing them. I told her I was wearing tights to prevent cramps. I suggested for her to buy leggings or tights. SHe came in the following week wearing leggings. Since then most girls and women are wearing tights with shorts or leggings. As for me I worn footless black tights at knee level today and worn nude tights last week and the week before. As for leggings, cyclists wear bike pants or leggings. CALI is into this trend for the past several weeks. I am waiting for a men line to be on shelf.

15-07-2009
front row

I already mentioned this collection in another context yesterday
Givenchy showed wonderful tights for F/W 2009/10:

gq-online.de

Last edited by gius; 30-09-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: added credits
15-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhommex View Post
Skinny jeans are far as i would go
Agreed

rising star

I like these leggings! The look is rebel like out if Vin Diesel movie. I could pull this look off . I would like to know where to find these or similar. Shredded vinyl or leather rocks. I already own some leggings and tights . I just dont own any PVC, leather , or vinyl. Wear em guys! Rock on!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
leggings, men, tights