How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-09-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geostud View Post
I guess it's a fine line, but some skinny jeans are just as tight as leggings.
Exactly. My friend was telling me how he was out with another friend who got asked if he was wearing leggings as his jeans were so tight.

25-09-2009
front row

I can see how leggings under shorts would work well for mountain bikers, who generally wear loose shorts to distinguish themselves from the spandex-clad "roadies." The leggings would offer warmth in cooler temps and some protection from scratches.

Otherwise... no.

30-09-2009
V.I.P.

another thread : Men in tights

also..
House of the Very~ s/s '10

dianepernet.typepad.com

full collection here

30-09-2009
tfs star

Yeah no. I like some imagination

30-09-2009
trendsetter

I my skinny jeans and all but i don't like them so tight that they cut off the blood circulation to my legs so this trends sounds just........NO!!!!

30-09-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceLuva586 View Post
I my skinny jeans and all but i don't like them so tight that they cut off the blood circulation to my legs so this trends sounds just........NO!!!!
I totally agree with you about the very tight skinny jeans.

But would you think people (including me) would wear them for sprorts if they would cut off the blood circulation? Surely not.

30-09-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOrion View Post
I totally agree with you about the very tight skinny jeans.

But would you think people (including me) would wear them for sprorts if they would cut off the blood circulation? Surely not.

01-10-2009
windowshopping

What is it that the moment a man goes anywhere near what is perceived as traditionally feminine things the world starts spinning in the other direction. It may not look good, and personally looking at the pictures in this thread and the skirts thread I can see nothing that would persuade me to don skirts or tights, but I don't see why it is fine for women to just open the male wardrobe, put anything on she chooses no one thinks she's a crossdresser or pervert.

If men in tights and skirts is so aweful to you to the point of revulsion and feeling the need to reach for the nearest bucket, then perhaps you may consider that a woman in trousers/pants may be creating the exact same reaction in men. What happened to true femininity that was so evident before women put trousers on. So much for equality.

Be fair, look and comment on these trends for what they are. Being dedicated followers of fashion you should be open to new ideas. Fashion has always challenged the boundaries imposed by society and long may it continue to do so.

Anyway, men as a whole have better leg definition than women so the jealousy card is being played.

01-10-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmrok View Post
Anyway, men as a whole have better leg definition than women so the jealousy card is being played.
You have got to be kidding, do you actually really believe women are jealous of men leg definition? Most women would recoil in horror if they woke up on day with a men's type of legs. What is there to be jealous about?

I like my men to look like men, i do not like to see them wear delicate clothes, plus fashion conscious men ,to me are a total turn off.

Men in tights to me are not aesthetically pleasing, the same way i'm willing to accept that men may not find sexy a woman in trousers, no one is forbidding a men to wear tights or a women to wear trousers. But we have the right to comment in a fashion forum if we think a certain trend is totally ridiculous.

01-10-2009
Riot Bug

not for me... i like them on skinny denims but tights are for superheros and dancers or sportmen...well actually the idea is kinda nice after all... hehe

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
another thread : Men in tights

also..
House of the Very~ s/s '10

http://i38.tinypic.com/2rx6syx.jpg
dianepernet.typepad.com

full collection here
Thats pretty cool. I should try and sketch something. Then try and draft the pattern and sew it.

Time to get to work

Last edited by gius; 03-10-2009 at 01:52 AM. Reason: removed pic from quote
03-10-2009
V.I.P.

I want to make some too

Last edited by gius; 03-10-2009 at 03:31 AM.
07-10-2009
front row

Some more images (Givenchy F/W 2009/10):

(gq-magazine.de)

08-10-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmrok View Post
What is it that the moment a man goes anywhere near what is perceived as traditionally feminine things the world starts spinning in the other direction. It may not look good, and personally looking at the pictures in this thread and the skirts thread I can see nothing that would persuade me to don skirts or tights, but I don't see why it is fine for women to just open the male wardrobe, put anything on she chooses no one thinks she's a crossdresser or pervert.

If men in tights and skirts is so aweful to you to the point of revulsion and feeling the need to reach for the nearest bucket, then perhaps you may consider that a woman in trousers/pants may be creating the exact same reaction in men. What happened to true femininity that was so evident before women put trousers on. So much for equality.

Be fair, look and comment on these trends for what they are. Being dedicated followers of fashion you should be open to new ideas. Fashion has always challenged the boundaries imposed by society and long may it continue to do so.
Totally agree.

Quote:
I don't see a point why the jealousy card should be played. In my opinion neither women nor men have a "better" leg definition. They have a different leg defition which with their own kind of "beauty".

I think the main problem with men wearing tights is that most people are not used to see the original shape of a male body in public.

But if you really want to talk about jealousy: I think the point is that if men become more fashion conscious, women might get afraid of loosing the "leadership" in fashion ...

08-10-2009
V.I.P.

i like this last part ^ :-)

it also means developing more choices and we'll eventually come across the question that women are asked.. which is dressing for yourself or dressing for the opposite sex/other people

i think male fashion at the moment feels more like it is dressing for other people.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
leggings, men, tights