How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-02-2008
flaunt the imperfection

i usually find that i think that an item works best in a particular colour...
ie-blk patent leather-great
royal blue?...not so much...

so i just buy the colour i think is best...:p

on very rare occasions i will buy a simple sweater in more than one colour...
but that is usually only during a very good sale....
and even then...there is always one colour that i wear more...
so i probably could have done with just the one....

:p

04-02-2008
V.I.P.

I do that quite often multiple pairs of jeans that fit in several colors, washes, cardigans, all kinda colored Chucks white, black crewnecks, Vnecks

V.I.P.

I do this shamelessly when it comes basics. can't really picture myself wearing a skirt with blue prints and then wearing an identical one in green prints the next day, that would be.. hilarious . as long as they're merely complements, I'm okay with it.. not much on individual pieces as they'd lose the.. 'individual' value for me (and everyone else ).

the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I have found that it generally doesn't work out for me with shoes, because the first color I bought is the one I really get all the use out of, not the color I go back for
Exactly! I have a pair of black sneakers that I liked so much, I went back for the brown and navy versions. However, when I get dressed everyday, I head straight towards the original black pair.

tfs star

pretty much for basics and underwear only! for everything else i find one color i like most and stick with it. it's not even really a principle of mine. it's just that i'm not compelled to buy it in another color when i already found something ideal, etc etc. but of course, there are some exceptions.

06-02-2008
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
Exactly! I have a pair of black sneakers that I liked so much, I went back for the brown and navy versions. However, when I get dressed everyday, I head straight towards the original black pair.
Yup

It's happened to me twice. Once I first bought silver and went back for bronze. The other time I bought black and went back for ivory. I still have both the bronze and ivory shoes--the original pairs I've worn out.

07-02-2008
front row

i do it very rarely.

there is one gap 1969 black tee and a pair of AG jeans i regret not getting another pair in.

07-02-2008
jedinečnej krásy

^that's why i've developed the habit of buying more than one item either in the same or different colors. i bought a pair of selvage jeans from a&f that is just the right length and fit...but they discontinued the line in less than a year. when i went back specifically looking for another pair, i was sooo disappointed.

fashion insider

I have a basic top in purple,white, grey and black. Converse all stars in red green & black. Tights in more colours. And jeans in 2 colours.

10-02-2008
backstage pass

I try to avoid this, except with the most basic items (cotton tank tops, tights, etc). I get tempted to, because sometimes I can't decide which color I like more ... but it always ends up that I wear one far more than the other.

11-02-2008
Power to the 99%

^ I have also found that if I buy black & another color, often I end up wearing the black more. However, black is almost an exception to everything, and we all should be wearing more color, I think

11-02-2008
fashion insider

Well i have the same dress with a flower pattern and another completely black. I guess i do not see them as the same dress. And they were bought in different occasions also.

`i think if you like something you should buy as much as you like.

It's funny that it bothers me more the fact that I bought another black dress than the fact they are the same.

Last edited by Les_Sucettes; 11-02-2008 at 10:57 AM.
11-02-2008
trendsetter

polo shirts.
ballet flats (once upon a time)
scarves
gloves

11-02-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
Well i have the same dress with a flower pattern and another completely black. I guess i do not see them as the same dress.
That's true - if I have shorts that are the same cut and brand but one pair is striped and the other is a plain fabric I wouldn't even think of them as the same.

Ahh.. shorts.. I want spring now

17-02-2008
trendsetter

I don't often buy more than one of something in a different color. There are exceptions:
high neck halter tops and one shoulder tops. It's hard to find a hight neck halter these days, so often they are v neck. So I end up making them myself, so when I do see one in more than one color, I buy.

Last edited by liashoes; 17-02-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
color