How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
26-09-2010
  46
V.I.P.
 
Street_a_Licious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vienna
Gender: homme
Posts: 10,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy View Post
Burberry will always be the ultimate trench for me. I'm always surprised more people don't take advantage of their Art of the Trench service. They don't even charge extra for it!
what service would that be? it's just a website to upload a picture of you in a trenchcoat. why would they charge you for that?

  Reply With Quote
 
01-10-2010
  47
trendsetter
 
Rubie girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brazil
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,004
I really want a trench like this in this burgundy/ red wine color...It seems to be vintage


popsugar.com

  Reply With Quote
06-10-2010
  48
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
what service would that be? it's just a website to upload a picture of you in a trenchcoat. why would they charge you for that?
i just orderd a Burberry trench, so same question here: What service is that?

  Reply With Quote
26-03-2011
  49
scenester
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 95
I'm finally going to invest in my first trench coat. I'm indecisive about what color to get black or khaki?

  Reply With Quote
26-03-2011
  50
unspecified
 
Petit Lucille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Buenos Aires
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,197
Do you have rainboots, what colour are they, and the rest of your rain gear? Maybe that could narrow it down..

__________________
sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
  Reply With Quote
27-03-2011
  51
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarines View Post
I'm finally going to invest in my first trench coat. I'm indecisive about what color to get black or khaki?
I would say it depends on what colour your other coats are and what season you're going to use it for. If you're using it for spring/autumn I would definetely go for a beige/khaki. If you're using it for winther black could work to. But it also depends on the colours in your wardrobe. My trenchcoat is beige and it really works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petit Lucille View Post
Do you have rainboots, what colour are they, and the rest of your rain gear? Maybe that could narrow it down..
I must admit that I have no raingear and I'm doing pretty good without it.

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2011
  52
unspecified
 
Petit Lucille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Buenos Aires
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,197
Is there anything you tend to wear in the rain, then?

__________________
sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
  Reply With Quote
27-03-2011
  53
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petit Lucille View Post
Is there anything you tend to wear in the rain, then?
Closed shoes. I'm really bad at being practical but I also tend to take the bus rather than bike. Usually I do fine with brogues/boots and my usual coat or jacket, like a woolblend coat or my leather jacket.

  Reply With Quote
27-03-2011
  54
In Bloom
 
The_Ida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 9,213
^I think beige/khaki would suit your style the best

__________________
ten days of perfect tunes
the colors red and blue
we had a promise made

we were in love


  Reply With Quote
27-03-2011
  55
scenester
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betinapple View Post
I would say it depends on what colour your other coats are and what season you're going to use it for. If you're using it for spring/autumn I would definetely go for a beige/khaki. If you're using it for winther black could work to. But it also depends on the colours in your wardrobe. My trenchcoat is beige and it really works for me.
Those are good points! I'm planning to use it only for spring/autumn because winters here are too cold for a trench coat. My wardrobe is mainly neutrals and black. I think khaki should go well! Thank you

  Reply With Quote
28-03-2011
  56
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarines View Post
Those are good points! I'm planning to use it only for spring/autumn because winters here are too cold for a trench coat. My wardrobe is mainly neutrals and black. I think khaki should go well! Thank you
You are very welcome

  Reply With Quote
30-03-2011
  57
girl who fell to earth
 
ChrissyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boston
Gender: femme
Posts: 18,590
definitely the khaki.. stick with the classic if you're planning on getting a trench

  Reply With Quote
30-03-2011
  58
scenester
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petit Lucille View Post
Do you have rainboots, what colour are they, and the rest of your rain gear? Maybe that could narrow it down..
I really don't have any rain gear just a hot pink unbrella

  Reply With Quote
30-03-2011
  59
scenester
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^I think beige/khaki would suit your style the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
definitely the khaki.. stick with the classic if you're planning on getting a trench
I'm definitely getting a khaki one now! Thank you

  Reply With Quote
08-09-2011
  60
fashion insider
 
advo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,234
For the price they charge for a Burberry trench, I think the perfect one should could double as a rain coat. What is the difference between rain- and showerproof? Only their gabardine coats are rainproof but it's knee length on me (5') - so too long. They do have another, shorter one but it's not gabardine so "only" showerproof.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
perfect, trench
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.