How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

Personal Must-Haves For S/S 2012
What are everybody's must-haves for the new season to come?

19-01-2012
backstage pass

I totally have my mind on warm weather, probably because that's when my pregnancy will be over and I can wear normal clothes again! I'm in a very boho mood, and these two Etoile items (shorts new this season, top from last year) will be added to my wardrobe of peasant tops, cropped pants, and flat sandals. This is the first time in a while I've wanted to wear shorts, and although it's hard to tell from the picture, these are a great, longer length. Also, I think it's time to bring my embroidered Dries van Noten flats from s/s 2006 out of retirement!

(photos taken by my friend)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg isleyshorts.jpg (68.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg bild.JPG (111.0 KB, 4 views)

24-01-2012
V.I.P.

Glittered/Metallic/Neon sandals. Anything will do it. I've been obsessed with a very simple look and flashy sandals since last summer.. I wore my cherry pink sandals till they fell apart over the summer and this year I may want to try green, bright minty green, and silver/glittered.

I can't wait to finally see the Marni x H&M silver sandals in person, loved them on the video but they looked a little 'chunky' in pictures so I'm curious of how they actually look.

Also loved the silver lurex skirts seen at Vanessa Bruno. Paired with more lightweight materials and earth colors. And then all shades of blue (but not with silver).

I feel like I said silver 30 times.

V.I.P.

muted rose jeans and grey tops.
muted rose tops and grey jeans.
maybe a mint top if has black in it and the mint is the right tone of pale.
chestnut peep toes

24-01-2012
What fresh hell is this.?

Mullet, I too want silver sandals. And I plan on queeing for the Marni x H&M ones (hopefully they will be perfect). I had a pair of silver brogues special made in Vietnam years ago and I still love them, especially worn with bare legs in spring.

I really want a pair of nude moccasins or loafers for when it's warm enough to wear dresses, shorts and skirts without tights. I really like it when my legs and feet are the same colour (meaning that in winter I wear black tights + black shoes about 5 out of 7 days a week), it makes me look taller and kinda serves as a blanc canvas allowing me to have more fun with the rest of the pieces in my outfit.

Aside from that I really want something in lavender, I feel like mixing it with silver, navy and grey (probably not all at once).
I also feel like mixing more prints, nothing too loud though. But more quiet prints within the same colour scheme. For this I'm still looking for the perfect printed blazer.

trendsetter

a new leather backpack
band of outsiders button-up tanks
dieppa restrepo oxfords
opening ceremony printed bikini
a grey miniskirt
skinny high waisted dark blue jeans.. not sure where to look yet!

02-02-2012
rising star

Balenciaga City in Glycine. Must have it ASAP
{image from lovebbags.com}

04-02-2012
fashion icon

A below the knee length skirt. Something a little prim and proper.

10-02-2012
windowshopping

Sounds bizarre, but I want a fur vest for summer. I missed the boat on fur vests this past Fall/winter, and I think they'd look lovely with my print dresses. Preferably short and small. H&M had a great, affordable version that I missed out on.

fashion icon

I got me some strong-coloured necklaces, and can't wait to pair them with some T-shirts.
Also, I'll wear boots this summer. I'm starting to have a boots fetish

20-02-2012
scenester

cocktail rings and crochet dresses, white beach cover ups

V.I.P.

is anyone else looking for printed trousers? i like what i see in the streetstyle section and could totally see incorporating this into my wardrobe. i've tried the inexpensive alternative in "printed jeans" but they are all so disappointing and contrived, whether flowers or animal print. is the key to this, it has to be dressier such as a trouser? just wondering if anyone else has been successful finding the right balance...its fast turning a must have into a must stay away from for me.

21-02-2012
What fresh hell is this.?

^Yeah I don't really feel the printed jeans either. I don't wear jeans much and when I do they are pretty much always black or grey. Concerning printed trousers, I've been thinking about getting some too and I actually tried on these from COS the other day. I did like them, but was suddenly unsure of how much I would actually wear them and what I should pair them with. I mean how often do you wear printed brocade trousers

[cosstores.com]

21-02-2012
V.I.P.

^that's my issue too. i saw a pair of dries van noten black, white and green landscape ones in a silk trouser, they were beautiful, but how much will i wear them? does the fact that they had a drawstring waist make it a more or less inviting feature that will increase their rotational appeal? also, the weight of the silk was not fragile at all, they were dreamy. is it the print that makes it more or less wearable or the features as well? just curious.

23-02-2012
Riot Bug

I'm obsessed with shorts & shirts for the next season but starting from now on.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, musthaves, personal, s or s