How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-06-2013
V.I.P.

^Yes, same here! Very lazy and definitely not very adventurous when it comes to my style. I guess the Aries one is just all wrong then :p I agree with what it says about my bf's style, though! In general I think those descriptions are way too simplistic and stereotypical (especially the Gemini one), and I also think what 5 8 6 pointed out regarding you style evolving over the years is a big factor, too. Many people change their style or just their approach towards clothes and shopping drastically every few years, so those descriptions may be true for just one period in your life. I've had more or less the same style since I was 16, except I feel more comfortable with myself and don't try as hard to look sexy anymore,lol. I did go through phases where I was much more experimental, but that didn't last very long because whatever I was wearing during that time just wasn't me

27-06-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Gemini [is] a tough one– they probably can have very different styles, like one day be stylish, and [the next] day not care; they’re all over the place.
The second half is true, the first not so much. I'd say my style has been quite persistent for the last few years and I'm not feeling like changing it in a near future. I mostly wear dark (black, dark grey, dark blue) clothes, keep it simple with a few stand out pieces (I prefer simple tshirts and jeans, combined with nice blazers/jackets and spend more on my shoes/boots).
But there really are those days when I don't care at all about my looks. Then I ususally just stay at home for the whole day.. but I'd never go out like that.

front row

Mine doesn't really fit .. I am a Virgo but based on those definition I am a mix of Taurus, Cancer and Capricorns.

I like comfort but I also like sophistication. I am a very classic girl at heart, althought I am trying to experiment a bit more with (still very simple/neat ones but..) and I love colours. I like print but I would never be the next Solange Knowles. I want my clothes to be timeless and I really try to "work" hard at finding this that will never be outdated or that I will find completely ugly/inappropriate down the line..
That's why I don't follow trends (most of the time I don't even know what is trendy): as long as it fits, feels good and makes me look beautiful & is appropriate for my lifestyle + colourful & classic, I take !

(That's quite the list though )

08-07-2013
flaunt the imperfection

just a general observation...

APC is going in the toilet and agnes b. is having a comeback...
fall is going to be interesting...

*i am, personally, having a french moment...
i don't know if it's really reflected in my style...
but it is definitely reflected in my recent purchases, which have been decidedly french-y...
maybe the japanese little boy goes on vacation in the summer and the little french girl comes to stay...
it sort of makes sense...
french countryside style is a good summer look...
comfortable and still cute...

though- in reality, i wear a simple black dress almost every day this summer!
it's hard to wear colour when you don't have a tan...
and it's hard to get a tan when it's too hot to stay outside...
it's crazy......

Last edited by softgrey; 08-07-2013 at 11:05 AM.
10-07-2013
trendsetter

I'm a Scorpio and I have a lot of black and do wear sexy revealing clothes. I will either show a little cleavage or a lot of legs! I do want to spice up my wardrobe with different colors though!

16-07-2013
windowshopping

I am a Scorpio too and mine kind of fits. I love dark colours and my wardrobe is mainly black. However, I like sporty and loose shapes/silhouettes although more form fitting "sexy" clothes suit and flatter my figure more.... I strive against my Scorpio nature!

Right now I am loving anything draped and crossover tops.

16-07-2013
V.I.P.

I have noticed that older i get more i invest in quality. Less h&m more acne etc..
Less id more and quality before quantity and all that crap

22-07-2013
girl who fell to earth

Was thinking the other day that I haven't added a bag to my collection in a long long time...

And I haven't really coveted anything to the level where I've sort of dreamed of incorporating it into my wardrobe and it's compelled me to actually put some money away.

It made me a little sad... that there hasn't really been anything out there that truly excited me for awhile.

23-07-2013
backstage pass

I have been dressing so well lately.
And by that I mean I have put little more effort on my appearance.
YAY!

24-07-2013
flaunt the imperfection

^^the world thanks you for making it a more pleasant place...

25-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
^^the world thanks you for making it a more pleasant place...
Amen to that

26-07-2013
What fresh hell is this.?

Soo confused ATM. I've just returned from 7 months in fashion Siberia, where personal style and shopping was way down on my list of things to worry about. I'm home now and slowly getting into old habits. But I think my style has changed a little (maybe because I haven't really been exposed to anything fashion related).
It's summer here in Denmark as well, a season I've never really been equipped for.

I think I need go through my wardrobe, figure out what I have, what I love and what I need.
Gotta be ruthless!

front row

I need some help! Do you guys recall any fashion shows that were inspired by the 20s so I could look up? I have a few 20s inspired pieces and I need to see how to style them appropriately! Thanks in advance

09-09-2013
flaunt the imperfection

^^I think you'd be better off looking at something like Great Gatsby...
that's the epitome of 20's styling, no?

i haven't seen it myself though...

09-09-2013
fashion insider

I think if you look at runway shows you will see modern interpretations of 20s style. If you want a more authentic look, watching Chicago and The great gatsby (the old and new version) would be helpfull.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
personal, style