How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
14-05-2011
  76
oh! darling
 
papa_levante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: at the bottom of everything
Gender: femme
Posts: 18,373
Quote:
kids are disgusting and really bad for your nice clothes...
I went to a client's house in pin-stripe pants of white and light blue. Mom said, "You're very brave to go to a 7 year old's house in white pants, miss." :p

You want to look professional yet you need to dress comfortably for the kids. There's really little to no middle ground when it comes to doing both.

__________________
i'd rather live it 'cause dreamers always chase but never get it............................... sam ypma
  Reply With Quote
 
15-05-2011
  77
V.I.P.
 
Jenna-maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,610
You are brave! I have only few times worn something white and everytime it did end in tragic.
(read: red paint all over me and 2nd time my shirt was full of blueberry pie).





__________________
Daria Werbowy, Mila Kunis, Eva Green, Angelina Jolie
  Reply With Quote
26-05-2011
  78
fashion elite
 
lelaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,828
yea kids are awful. the first time i even met my nephew i had just arrived at a family gathering i was handed him from his mom and he threw up on my new coat not once but twice. and i had to attempt to clean it up because i was spending the entire day with my extended family so i got to go around with kid puke on my coat all day. that being said, he really doesn't like me, he likes everyone but me but whatever, i'm still mad at him (is that bad to say about a 1 year old?)

__________________
Le Laid
Follow me on Tumblr.
  Reply With Quote
27-05-2011
  79
V.I.P.
 
sill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,650
I'm having the biggest craving for a pair of simple, nude heels.

farfetch.com

I think they'd look amazing on tanner legs for summer... and kind of elongate the legs. Really loving these from Céline, hoping to find a similar pair when I go to Paris..

__________________
BONJOURHIER|TENUOUSLY
  Reply With Quote
05-06-2011
  80
front row
 
Vega Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South Carolina
Gender: homme
Posts: 434
My personal style can be described as dark blue jeans and a black t-shirt. I wear that every day. Not very imaginative or especially "fashionable", but it works well for me.

  Reply With Quote
05-06-2011
  81
V.I.P.
 
Jenna-maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,610
jeans and black t-shirt is allways good.

__________________
Daria Werbowy, Mila Kunis, Eva Green, Angelina Jolie
  Reply With Quote
05-06-2011
  82
backstage pass
 
LeBonChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Blackwater Park
Gender: femme
Posts: 578
i love love love the elegant look with easiness and effortlessness in smart combination of color. my favorite footwear is flat: pointy, strapped etc. However im short (5'4") without long legs and thigh gap. How to pull of flats ?

  Reply With Quote
05-06-2011
  83
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBonChic View Post
i love love love the elegant look with easiness and effortlessness in smart combination of color. my favorite footwear is flat: pointy, strapped etc. However im short (5'4") without long legs and thigh gap. How to pull of flats ?
Open shoes, nude shoes for bare legs or shoes matching the colour of your tights

  Reply With Quote
05-06-2011
  84
front row
 
Vega Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South Carolina
Gender: homme
Posts: 434
I'll probably need to get some new jeans soon as I've shrunk out of half of my current jeans and have almost shrunk out of the other half. It's frustrating because I have now shrunk out of the smallest sixes available from Wal-Mart, (Yes, Wal-Mart. I'm so fashionable.) so I'll have to venture out of the big box stores to get any new jeans.

However, what is more frustrating is that none of the cuts seem to fit me. I prefer for jeans to fit snugly in the legs, (Not skinny jeans snug, but not mega-baggy either.) but all of the available cuts that do fit are too tight in the waist. You see, I've got very muscular upper thighs that are a fair bit wider than my hips, so any jeans that fit tightish won't work at all for me in the waist.

  Reply With Quote
17-06-2011
  85
flaunt the imperfection..
 
softgrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: downtown...
Gender: femme
Posts: 50,502
my wardrobe is taking on a life of its own!...
...

__________________
"It is not money that makes you well dressed: it is understanding."
ChristianDior



  Reply With Quote
17-06-2011
  86
fashion icon
 
YoninahAliza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Avonlea
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,233
My personal style could probably be defined in two garments: stripe shirts and scarves. I love both pieces and I wear them frequently. So much so that my friends know me for my "amazing scarf collection" because I have so many and always seem to acquire more. lol As for stripe shirts I simply love them and think they are very flattering.

That said... I feel like I'm in a bit of a style rut. Always wearing the same styles of outfits is no fun and I want to shake it up a bit. Only thing is I don't quite know how to change it. When I'm not wearing stripe shirts (I'm even wearing one right now while typing this!) often times I'm wearing a dress. I love dresses as well but I think maybe my problem is I haven't been shopping in ages (and when I mean ages about half a year. I'm a college student...) so I don't feel inspired by my wardrobe. I have nothing new to look forward to putting on because it's all the same. Any suggestions, lovely TFSers?

__________________
http://miss-rumphius.tumblr.com/ "It is ever so much easier to be good if your clothes are fashionable." Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
  Reply With Quote
18-06-2011
  87
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
My personal style could probably be defined in two garments: stripe shirts and scarves. I love both pieces and I wear them frequently. So much so that my friends know me for my "amazing scarf collection" because I have so many and always seem to acquire more. lol As for stripe shirts I simply love them and think they are very flattering.

That said... I feel like I'm in a bit of a style rut. Always wearing the same styles of outfits is no fun and I want to shake it up a bit. Only thing is I don't quite know how to change it. When I'm not wearing stripe shirts (I'm even wearing one right now while typing this!) often times I'm wearing a dress. I love dresses as well but I think maybe my problem is I haven't been shopping in ages (and when I mean ages about half a year. I'm a college student...) so I don't feel inspired by my wardrobe. I have nothing new to look forward to putting on because it's all the same. Any suggestions, lovely TFSers?
Have you thought about updating the pieces you already have in your wardobe? I've just changed a dress into a midi skirt/short tube dress. I'm planning on making a pair of denim shorts into a pair I've spotted, with stars sown on to 'em, and changing the buttons on some of my cardis.

  Reply With Quote
19-06-2011
  88
fashion icon
 
YoninahAliza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Avonlea
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,233
Thanks Betinapple! I hadn't really thought about updating pieces I already have in my wardrobe. But now that I think about it I do I have a few pieces that could use a little change. I have a beautiful blue dress from Topshop that I got four years ago for my sisters Bat Mitzvah. I've worn it a handful of times and although I love it the length just isn't right. So I think I'll make it shorter thus more wearable. I'm not much of a DIY type person though so I think I'll have a good tailor do it for me instead.

__________________
http://miss-rumphius.tumblr.com/ "It is ever so much easier to be good if your clothes are fashionable." Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 19-06-2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: spelling error
  Reply With Quote
19-06-2011
  89
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
Thanks Betinapple! I hadn't really thought about updating pieces I already have in my wardrobe. But now that I think about it I do I have a few pieces that could use a little change. I have a beautiful blue dress from Topshop that I got four years ago for my sisters Bat Mitzvah. I've worn it a handful of times and although I love it the length just isn't right. So I think I'll make it shorter thus more wearable. I'm not much of a DIY type person though so I think I'll have a good tailor do it for me instead.
That sounds like a really great idea I do small DIYs myself (changing buttons, sewing elbowpads on etc.) but shortening things I would also leave to a professional depending on the fabric.

  Reply With Quote
28-06-2011
  90
backstage pass
 
Fewormany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Europe
Gender: homme
Posts: 617
I just spotted a great looking black sweater in the sale. But I never wear black because I think it makes me look like a mime..

I wonder how many people wonder how to wear black instead of other colours

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
personal, style
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.