How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2011
oh! darling

Quote:
kids are disgusting and really bad for your nice clothes...
I went to a client's house in pin-stripe pants of white and light blue. Mom said, "You're very brave to go to a 7 year old's house in white pants, miss." :p

You want to look professional yet you need to dress comfortably for the kids. There's really little to no middle ground when it comes to doing both.

15-05-2011
V.I.P.

You are brave! I have only few times worn something white and everytime it did end in tragic.
(read: red paint all over me and 2nd time my shirt was full of blueberry pie).

fashion elite

yea kids are awful. the first time i even met my nephew i had just arrived at a family gathering i was handed him from his mom and he threw up on my new coat not once but twice. and i had to attempt to clean it up because i was spending the entire day with my extended family so i got to go around with kid puke on my coat all day. that being said, he really doesn't like me, he likes everyone but me but whatever, i'm still mad at him (is that bad to say about a 1 year old?)

27-05-2011
V.I.P.

I'm having the biggest craving for a pair of simple, nude heels.

farfetch.com

I think they'd look amazing on tanner legs for summer... and kind of elongate the legs. Really loving these from Céline, hoping to find a similar pair when I go to Paris..

front row

My personal style can be described as dark blue jeans and a black t-shirt. I wear that every day. Not very imaginative or especially "fashionable", but it works well for me.

05-06-2011
V.I.P.

jeans and black t-shirt is allways good.

backstage pass

i love love love the elegant look with easiness and effortlessness in smart combination of color. my favorite footwear is flat: pointy, strapped etc. However im short (5'4") without long legs and thigh gap. How to pull of flats ?

05-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBonChic View Post
i love love love the elegant look with easiness and effortlessness in smart combination of color. my favorite footwear is flat: pointy, strapped etc. However im short (5'4") without long legs and thigh gap. How to pull of flats ?
Open shoes, nude shoes for bare legs or shoes matching the colour of your tights

05-06-2011
front row

I'll probably need to get some new jeans soon as I've shrunk out of half of my current jeans and have almost shrunk out of the other half. It's frustrating because I have now shrunk out of the smallest sixes available from Wal-Mart, (Yes, Wal-Mart. I'm so fashionable.) so I'll have to venture out of the big box stores to get any new jeans.

However, what is more frustrating is that none of the cuts seem to fit me. I prefer for jeans to fit snugly in the legs, (Not skinny jeans snug, but not mega-baggy either.) but all of the available cuts that do fit are too tight in the waist. You see, I've got very muscular upper thighs that are a fair bit wider than my hips, so any jeans that fit tightish won't work at all for me in the waist.

17-06-2011
flaunt the imperfection..

my wardrobe is taking on a life of its own!...

17-06-2011
fashion icon

My personal style could probably be defined in two garments: stripe shirts and scarves. I love both pieces and I wear them frequently. So much so that my friends know me for my "amazing scarf collection" because I have so many and always seem to acquire more. lol As for stripe shirts I simply love them and think they are very flattering.

That said... I feel like I'm in a bit of a style rut. Always wearing the same styles of outfits is no fun and I want to shake it up a bit. Only thing is I don't quite know how to change it. When I'm not wearing stripe shirts (I'm even wearing one right now while typing this!) often times I'm wearing a dress. I love dresses as well but I think maybe my problem is I haven't been shopping in ages (and when I mean ages about half a year. I'm a college student...) so I don't feel inspired by my wardrobe. I have nothing new to look forward to putting on because it's all the same. Any suggestions, lovely TFSers?

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
My personal style could probably be defined in two garments: stripe shirts and scarves. I love both pieces and I wear them frequently. So much so that my friends know me for my "amazing scarf collection" because I have so many and always seem to acquire more. lol As for stripe shirts I simply love them and think they are very flattering.

That said... I feel like I'm in a bit of a style rut. Always wearing the same styles of outfits is no fun and I want to shake it up a bit. Only thing is I don't quite know how to change it. When I'm not wearing stripe shirts (I'm even wearing one right now while typing this!) often times I'm wearing a dress. I love dresses as well but I think maybe my problem is I haven't been shopping in ages (and when I mean ages about half a year. I'm a college student...) so I don't feel inspired by my wardrobe. I have nothing new to look forward to putting on because it's all the same. Any suggestions, lovely TFSers?
Have you thought about updating the pieces you already have in your wardobe? I've just changed a dress into a midi skirt/short tube dress. I'm planning on making a pair of denim shorts into a pair I've spotted, with stars sown on to 'em, and changing the buttons on some of my cardis.

19-06-2011
fashion icon

Thanks Betinapple! I hadn't really thought about updating pieces I already have in my wardrobe. But now that I think about it I do I have a few pieces that could use a little change. I have a beautiful blue dress from Topshop that I got four years ago for my sisters Bat Mitzvah. I've worn it a handful of times and although I love it the length just isn't right. So I think I'll make it shorter thus more wearable. I'm not much of a DIY type person though so I think I'll have a good tailor do it for me instead.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 19-06-2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: spelling error
19-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
Thanks Betinapple! I hadn't really thought about updating pieces I already have in my wardrobe. But now that I think about it I do I have a few pieces that could use a little change. I have a beautiful blue dress from Topshop that I got four years ago for my sisters Bat Mitzvah. I've worn it a handful of times and although I love it the length just isn't right. So I think I'll make it shorter thus more wearable. I'm not much of a DIY type person though so I think I'll have a good tailor do it for me instead.
That sounds like a really great idea I do small DIYs myself (changing buttons, sewing elbowpads on etc.) but shortening things I would also leave to a professional depending on the fabric.

28-06-2011
backstage pass

I just spotted a great looking black sweater in the sale. But I never wear black because I think it makes me look like a mime..

I wonder how many people wonder how to wear black instead of other colours

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
personal, style