How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-08-2006
Soviet Camaro

Personal Style etc - general discussion
This thread is for posting general style thoughts, ideas, and topics that don't fit into existing categories and don't warrant an entire thread.

Take it away peeps!

Last edited by tangerine; 17-08-2006 at 07:17 PM.

16-08-2006
V.I.P.

My new look is all black. Ive gotten severely bored with color, so Im going back to black (god I missed it). Accessories are a different story, I can do practically any color now.

Severely bored with polo shirts, washed denim and mens shoes that aren't metallic.

21-08-2006
flaunt the imperfection

piece piece piece...enough pieces...

i need outfits...time to start trying stuff on...

21-08-2006
fashion elite

I am looking more into black as well. I have too much colored stuff and black is and always be more sexy and sophisticated, IMO.

21-08-2006
scenester

I'm getting into preppy/classy style with a rebel twist. think rich teenager who's dad owns a huge company in the hamptons circa 1960s who secretly sells drugs. or something. hahha....I like feeling a little dressed up but not too 'preppy'.

mmm black

21-08-2006
V.I.P.

^ I'm feelin' you there
I've noticed a lot of black with my new purchases.

22-08-2006
scenester

Same here. I haven't been into black for a few years, but lately, it's all I'm attracted to.

22-08-2006
flaunt the imperfection

i think for me there has to be black and some other colour...
lots of dark moody warm colours with flashes of light...

22-08-2006
V.I.P.

I love bright contrasting colors. Today, at school, I saw a girl with a plain yellow t-shirt and a red sweater that was unzipped. I loved it!

Just a huge pop of color! She definitely pulled it off

23-08-2006
follow the lights

Creating a whole new wardrobe seems to take an eternity

Last edited by Baizilla; 23-08-2006 at 04:11 AM.

23-08-2006
fashion icon

I always feel most elegant in black with something white. Black dominates my wardrobe. I have some beige and dark blue, but black rules. Even in summer.
My clothes are conservative - fabrics and shape, but fashionable cut. Think Dolce $ Cabbana buisness suit, but I love bold shoes, bags and belts.
Of coarse my wardrobe is severely affected by my job.

23-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aris
I always feel most elegant in black with something white. Black dominates my wardrobe. I have some beige and dark blue, but black rules. Even in summer.
My clothes are conservative - fabrics and shape, but fashionable cut. Think Dolce $ Cabbana buisness suit, but I love bold shoes, bags and belts.
Of coarse my wardrobe is severely affected by my job.
I seriously wouldn't mind that. All my friends know that my future-adult wardrobe will be dominated by pencil skirts, pointy-toe flats, heels, and blouses.
I get mistaken for an adult sometimes with most of the outfits I wear. :p

23-08-2006
trendsetter

I'm accidentally looking really vintage. I loved aiming for the Marlene look, but now I just keep looking like different versions of a woman who lived 50 years ago. I'm only 18 so it does look a tad bit ridiculous. But still fun.

24-08-2006
illustrator

if i toss everything and start fresh, will i deeply regret it in a week, month or year (or hour?)? the simplicity of just picking one store holds some appeal this week (it may be a fleeting fancy), head-to-toe x. well, ankle to neck anyway... it's sort of blasphemy to hand over my appearance to a label/store, but i'm tired of thinking, and sometimes you just go into a store and think how great it would be if it were just your closet, if all this stuff was yours. is it possible, to empty a closet, fill it with new stuff and do it again in a year or 2? would it feel weird for a wardrobe to be kept that fresh, with no subtext, no irony, no ... history???

24-08-2006
trendsetter

^ I've wondered all the same things. Though I've yet to test just shopping from one store. If it were me I'd choose Anthropologie, but I don't know if that would work out.

Quote:
would it feel weird for a wardrobe to be kept that fresh, with no subtext, no irony, no ... history???
Depends. I think for most people it woud fee odd to toss out their history. I personally wouldn't mind. As long as I can update my favorite items with something better. I think holding onto things can be frivolous or even greedy.

I've done a lot of cleaning out this year, and I found that I really only wore about 20% of my clothes regularly. I woud reccomend getting rid of any and all clutter first. Don't be afraid to live in very little, but don't get rid of everything just yet. Update over time to avoid serious trauma. Maybe instead of giving it away immediately, put everything into a bag and keep it in the closet for a while. Then you can see how it is to live without that stuff.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
discussion, general, personal, style