How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2005
windowshopping

Does anyone know how Joes jeans and Rock & Republic jeans fit in comparsion to Sevens or Citizen of Humanity? I wear a 27 in Seven and Citizens and want to know what size to get in Joe's Jeans and RR? Any advice would be great! Thanks!

15-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariesgirl80
Does anyone know how Joes jeans and Rock & Republic jeans fit in comparsion to Sevens or Citizen of Humanity? I wear a 27 in Seven and Citizens and want to know what size to get in Joe's Jeans and RR? Any advice would be great! Thanks!
I wear a 27 in Citizens and Sevens, too. Joe's jeans fit me better (I'm 5'1" and curvy and like super-long jeans to wear with my heels) and are much more sexier on (make the butt much rounder, etc), in my opinion. I love both the 'Rocker' and the 'Lover' styles (which I both own in size 27). Joe's jeans stretch a little less than Sevens and Citizens, which stretch like a whole size larger after much wearing, which I hate.

Just by looking at them, I'm not impressed by RR jeans, so never even gave them a chance.

15-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimah
Okay, I have a question

I work in WFM and they have a pretty casual dress code. How can I dress 'casual' w/o looking frumpy and dumpy? Anything I wear seems to either be too dressy or I look like I rolled out of bed w/o trying :p
Check out 'Lucky' magazine... they always have lots of photos and how-to's and ideas for what to wear for work.
http://www.luckymag.com/

As for my humble opinion... I'm not an accessory girl, but if I wanted to dress up my casualness, I would wear more 'fitted' clothes (fitted jean jacket vs. baggy), and make sure I have the following, as every girl should have one this season: khakis (baggy, straight leg), crisp button-down shirts or neutral blouse, and a simple pencil skirt.

To dress down, reduce accessories, stick to solid colored items, and omit metallics.

Last edited by thewannabe; 15-04-2005 at 08:24 PM.
15-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yppe
I have a question too. My mother gave me a baggy tee with a psicodhelic print in pink and black, and I like it very much, but I'm much thiner than my mother and it's too baggy. I like it but I don't know how to wear it without feeling MK olsen in her homeless-looking days. I've tried with black leggings but it's too 80s, and the only way I feel good is with cropped skinny jeans. So, have you any more suggestions?
I wouldn't be daring enough to wear it as a dress, so I'd probably wear it underneath something. Like a hooded sweatshirt on top, so that the shirt sticks out from underneath; that way, the too-big factor is hidden, yet the nice psychodelic print of the shirt is still seen and appreciated.

Depending on the material... if it's nice like silk or something, I wouldn't use a sweatshirt, but layer it under something more formal (blazer, vest).

Otherwise, I'd keep it in the closet; the too-baggy-tee-shirt trend will come about sooner or later, anyhow; and you'll be glad to have it!

19-04-2005
V.I.P.

I knew I'd have a need for this soon!!

I have several events coming up and I've decided to INVEST in a quality outfit that I'm hoping will suit all three occassions w/ a switch in accessories here and there and can be mixed and match with everyday items as well. The three events are an evening wedding this weekend, a backyard June afternoon wedding and a California wedding in late September.

The following are the pieces I've ordered and am choosing from:

Balenciaga Dress (mine will be in navy - I got the last one ):

Capucci Dress (mine will be in emerald green - also the last one. Shame you can't see it b/c it's a beautiful color):

Marni Dress:

Accessories: Jimmy Choo, Costume National, & Antik Batik, respectively:

So my thoughts for combinations were the following:

1) Balenciaga + costume national shoes + chunky jewelry (maybe coral?)
2) Capucci + Jimmy Choo + gold bangles
3) Marni + costume national + chunky jewelry

I thought I could just swap out the heels for the flats for the backyard wedding.

What do you think? You're favorite combo or ideas involving these options? I can't keep them all, so I have to choose unfortunately

A side question, too. Do you think those particular Choos would be worth the investment?

Thanks to all!!

Last edited by Curious; 19-04-2005 at 02:22 PM.
19-04-2005
backstage pass

Well your links are showing up kind of wierd.
I love the capucci dress!!! that is super cute.

I like the flats as well. I think however you put it together its going to be cute, I wouldnt do the mauve colored dress with those mauve shoes though, I would break it up but thats jmo

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift
19-04-2005
V.I.P.

Hmm... good point about the mauve, Diego. Thanks for the input!

Are the links still showing up weird? I bungled the first job, but I think I've fixed them now...

19-04-2005
backstage pass

The links are perfect now

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift
19-04-2005
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious
I knew I'd have a need for this soon!!

I have several events coming up and I've decided to INVEST in a quality outfit that I'm hoping will suit all three occassions w/ a switch in accessories here and there and can be mixed and match with everyday items as well. The three events are an evening wedding this weekend, a backyard June afternoon wedding and a California wedding in late September.

The following are the pieces I've ordered and am choosing from:

Balenciaga Dress (mine will be in navy - I got the last one ):

Capucci Dress (mine will be in emerald green - also the last one. Shame you can't see it b/c it's a beautiful color):

Marni Dress:

Accessories: Jimmy Choo, Costume National, & Antik Batik, respectively:

So my thoughts for combinations were the following:

1) Balenciaga + costume national shoes + chunky jewelry (maybe coral?)
2) Capucci + Jimmy Choo + gold bangles
3) Marni + costume national + chunky jewelry

I thought I could just swap out the heels for the flats for the backyard wedding.

What do you think? You're favorite combo or ideas involving these options? I can't keep them all, so I have to choose unfortunately

A side question, too. Do you think those particular Choos would be worth the investment?

Thanks to all!!
curious - I love all three dresses but I am not so keen on the shoes apart from the costume nationale ones. I love the dresses though. I would go for the Balenciaga dress and the CN shoes if you had to choose one of each.

19-04-2005
rising star

I am in complete agreement with Helena, that's exactly what I was about to post. Could you get some gold Choos without additional adornment? Those would work better than the jewels, imho Those dresses are GORGEOUS! Lucky girl, I love them all!

19-04-2005
V.I.P.

Thanks ladies! I'm so excited the dresses are a hit!!

Helena - do you like the Balenciaga b/c it will be navy :p Just kidding! I like that combo, too.
ShannonMC - good idea about the Choos. I liked the idea of the green gems w/ the green dress, but it might be overkill. Plain gold would make them more versatile w/ the rest of my things also.

22-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewannabe
Check out 'Lucky' magazine... they always have lots of photos and how-to's and ideas for what to wear for work.
http://www.luckymag.com/

As for my humble opinion... I'm not an accessory girl, but if I wanted to dress up my casualness, I would wear more 'fitted' clothes (fitted jean jacket vs. baggy), and make sure I have the following, as every girl should have one this season: khakis (baggy, straight leg), crisp button-down shirts or neutral blouse, and a simple pencil skirt.

To dress down, reduce accessories, stick to solid colored items, and omit metallics.
ooh, thanks those sound like some easy adjustments as well. I appreciate your help

V.I.P.

My Yoox order w/ the three dresses and the CN shoes is waiting for me when I get home today !! I'm so excited!! Let's hope all the dresses fit and I can have my pick. Yippee!! Just thought I'd share

22-04-2005
Swim Upstream

Curious congratulations - I hope you find one that you like....which one are you thinking of now?

22-04-2005
V.I.P.

I'm most drawn to the Balenciaga and CN shoes combo as you suggested. But, then again, I'm still crazy about the Capucci because the emerald green it's coming in is stunning!! I guess I'm still undecided . Hopefully, it will become clear when I get my hands on them. I'll let you know what happens

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
answers, personal, questions, style