How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2011
scenester

This is so fun!

I've had this dress since I was in grade 9. It's from a Danish brand- Designers Remix Collection.
I saw it at a store in Montreal and fell horribly in love with it.

I've never worn it, except around the house ahaha.
But it's just so adorable, I can't get rid of it!

Excuse the mirror picture- I'm sticking to the grade 9 theme, apparently
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dress-On.jpg (30.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Dress.jpg (40.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by baytsym; 22-06-2011 at 09:07 PM.

22-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ your dress reminds me a little of this Zucca dress. It's lovely. You certainly don't find a light summer dress with such great pleats and in such a gorgeous color very often.

(I would probably wear it at least once every summer ).

.my prison is your brain.

I agree, great dress, it fits you beautifully!

25-06-2011
doldrums

Oh yeah, I have articles of clothing which I never wore (as we speak). I like them but for whatever reasons I haven't gotten around to wearing them. I can't see myself giving up something that I like.

26-06-2011
backstage pass

I love this thread! This is actually the case of 90% of my wardrobe... I'm only attracted to colorful, shiny or almost theatrical pieces (I own more fur jackets and crazy head pieces than let's say jeans and t-shirts...). So I end up with a wardrobe full of things that don't go together...

But my favorite piece (never worn and hardly tried on...) is this Chloe by Phoebe Philo dress that I've loved since I first saw it on the runway . I "won" it on eBay and when I got it it was half a size to small; now it fits better but its hard to find an occasion where I can pull of that much cleevage...

style.com

I don't know

Oh God, lucky you MimiV! That's one of my favorite Chloé dresses ever! That whole collection was rather stunning so it's a fantastic buy!

The cleavage issue is rather problematic but I think you should embrace it, keep the rest casual or maybe wear a big necklace?

bluebellmorning - grade 9 or not, that's a great dress. Like mulletproof said, one doesn't find many pieces with such great pleats very often and it looks really good on you. Perfect for summer!

28-06-2011
fashion icon

I have a few pieces that I either keep because of sentimental reasons or because I simply love them but never have anywhere to wear them. I bought a shirt from one of my favorite stores in England the first time I traveled by myself to visit family and at the time I wore it quite a bit but now I never wear it. It's not really my style anymore yet I can't bare to give it up. I guess I associate memories with my clothes. I also have several party dresses that I've worn once or twice but for some reason I never wear again. I don't have much reason to I suppose and when I do have a reason I just buy a new dress!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
Hell yes. My Givenchy shoes that I've had for over a year and still has yet to be worn! I'm insane! I love them to death. Can't explain why I haven't worn them yet. Maybe if they weren't boots, I'd be wearing them daily.
I know what you mean: I've got a pair of Jil Sander boots from when she was still the designer (and when the label meant something) and I have yet to wear them outside. I should either finally take the plunge and wear them or give them away, but I keep telling myself I will wear them.

There's something about great footwear that makes it almost heartbreaking to wear outside-- or just wear because they will become misshapen because, you know, you will have to walk on them... And living in Toronto, you know what the weather can be like, especially the messy winter we just had.

Supreme boots BTW!

29-06-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
There's something about great footwear that makes it almost heartbreaking to wear outside-- or just wear because they will become misshapen because, you know, you will have to walk on them... And living in Toronto, you know what the weather can be like, especially the messy winter we just had.
It's so true... but a terrifying thought just came to my head when reading this, are we the modern day version of the old folks with the plastic covered couches?

Let's all wear our finest shoes (and clothes) out & about ASAP!

freeshipping.org

29-06-2011
backstage pass

^^^Stylin' Granny! Look at the boots on her!

It's just footwear I'm weird about because they're so well-made and beautifully formed-- and we have to drag them through the dirty streets...

29-06-2011
vertebrae by vertebrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
It's so true... but a terrifying thought just came to my head when reading this, are we the modern day version of the old folks with the plastic covered couches?
yes! well, I am, anyways. (great analogy btw )

While I love and chose wisely (or so I thought) everything in my closet, when taking an honest evaluation recently, I realized about 1/3 of the contents barely ever gets worn.

I am personally against consumerism for the sake of it, buying based on trends or brand-wh0ring; and when I choose garments, I do so based on not only aesthetics but also quality, functionality, longevity - so how does that equate to a closet packed with gems collecting dust ? makes me a bit frustrated and confused at myself tbh.

I'm probably going to keep my YY, old Margiela and Dries (... or something argh it's so hard to narrow down ) and sell the rest.
I genuinely adore all of my other pieces but I've started to wonder if I'm hanging on to them moreso because of their rareness or value, rather than because I will ever wear them on a regular basis. which is so lame, even worse than putting plastic over a sofa, now that I think of it... because at least people still sit on those covered sofas meanwhile these beautiful garments of mine collect dust, which is sort of sad.

this is definitely going to be easier said than done, though -- I tried to list some vintage Comme des Garçons on ebay the other and felt like I was about to break out into cold sweats and hives so I closed the browser entirely and haven't yet built the courage to actually make any listings yet

Last edited by Inaya; 29-06-2011 at 05:53 PM.
30-06-2011
rising star

Super easy: the piece I love the most in my dressing is also the one I've never worn (and the most expensive). Make me feel pretty silly actually lol
Here are my Sam Eddelman/fake Balenciaga booties:

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
love, pieces, wear