How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-04-2006
backstage pass

Wow i love the torrid site!!!

Great fashionable clothes for plus size girls..
I have a size 20.. i am on a diet right now so hope to lose weight.
But till then i do wanne look great off course.

Think im gonne order some clothes from that site

24-04-2006
backstage pass

I loooove these

photos credited to : torrid.com

Last edited by Baizilla; 14-05-2006 at 01:14 AM. Reason: please see tFS guidelines

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
when you say size 10, do you mean size 10 US? what is this in british size i'm wondering because if it's the same, i'm shocked! 10 here is slim.
UK 10 is a US 6

US 10 is a UK 14

24-04-2006
God Save McQueen

I know 10 is not a plus sized, but many companies consider it. I mean, torrid has on their windows 10+. i know its not skinny, ive always been full figured, i know it, but its not plus sized. its curvy

I like this top, but i dont know how it will look in real life. the way the model is posing is not like how people stand in real life really.
I have this one. its longer on me than the model. anyway, its really nice casual tshirt to just wear with some jeans and funky jewerly to class.
I like this vest too
torrid.com

so, i was wondering, what are your guys' favorite cuts in everything? skirts, jeans, shirts, dresses? what do you thinks most flattering

24-04-2006
backstage pass

I love that site! glad i looked in this topic!:p

They also send it international so thats great

But you have to get a creditcard to order, so im gonne get one soon!
They dont have such cool clothes for plus sizes here..

24-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
so, i was wondering, what are your guys' favorite cuts in everything? skirts, jeans, shirts, dresses? what do you thinks most flattering
Some of my Faves-

Wrap tops are great
I love deep deep v necks or scoopnecks. w/ something underneath
Cardigans are good, but only if buttoned low, not at the neck
I used to wear a lot of ribbed turtlenecks, but lately I've got a bit bloatly and they give me a double chin look
Nice structured dress shirts- buttondowns- great if they have some darts to give them shape (otherwise they gap at my t*ts)

I love knee length pencil skirts, and A line skirts both
Pants- I like wide legs, and I used to wear a lot of flare leg- they'll come back within the next few years I think-they really are the most flattering if you have hips.-I hope this d*mn 80's thing is almost over- always flat fronted, not high waisted, not low waisted, right in between

I like wrap dresses, and if I wear little spaghetti strap tops or dresses, I wear a cardi over them to cover my arms which are a bit flabby

jeans- right now I'm wearing straight cut. I eagerly await the day when flares come back. I want to dress to make me look good. Fashion is secondary to that, and tapered jeans on anyone with hips is
I REFUSE to wear tapered jeans, and I want my jeans to cover most of my shoe, not bunch at the ankle

Avoid like the plague

-pleated pants- anything blousy, or "bubble" skirts. Why add bulk? I want to stramline my shape.

ankle boots or ankle straps with skirts- they make my legs look all stumpy

on me- Short sleeves- I always do 3/4 or long- I have nice wrists, the upper bit though is

minis

bermudas-tapered pants- make me look like an ice cream cone

24-04-2006
backstage pass

To the size 10 question, Marina Rinaldi's 19s are basically a 10W. I have never seen any American manufacturer make a 10W. Talbots Woman, which I think is probably way too old-skewing for most posters, starts at 12W.

24-04-2006
God Save McQueen

stilettogirl84, i agree about taper. that look doesnt even look good on very thin people in my opinion.

ive always worn boot legged jeans for the most part. im kinda weary of strait leg, maybe i just havent found the best pair.

25-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettogirl84
UK 10 is a US 6

US 10 is a UK 14
thank you! so i would be a us 4 then..weird. i cannot believe such sizes as 0 exist, ugh! that's just unhealthy. i wouldn't consider uk 14 as even remotely near fat either..

27-04-2006
windowshopping

The new Mo'nique movie is called "Phat Girlz." Haven't seen it yet, but I know it's out in theaters. I would definitely recommend hitting up vintage shops or your local Value Village for some great finds in plus size clothing. I find the greatest skirts and tops there, and even if you want to have them tailored, the clothes will still be a bargain!

08-05-2006
front row

www.swayplus.com

13-05-2006
God Save McQueen

i went to torrid today cuz i needed a pair of black pants for a job, anyway, i didnt find any pants, but i did get a really cute heathered purple jersey wrap dress. really flattering

17-05-2006
boop

What is the quality at Torrid like? Is it kind of an H&M-esque thing? There isn't one any where near me so I can't go check out the stuff personally.

My issue is with quality. Stores like H&M seem to stock larger sizes but alot of times I've found that the quality is either cheap or just plain awful.

Which designers stock plus sizes? Most designers seem to cut off at size 10 -12 but I've heard that:

- Chanel : Up to size 20 I read this in the Vogue Shape issue correct me if I'm wrong, I wonder since I know sir Karl's feelings on anyone who isn't whippet thin
- Oscar De La Renta : Up to size 20
- Marc Jacobs : Size 14
- Burberry : Size 16

Any others?

I'm seriously considering putting together a blog about high quality plus sized fashions. I know there are fabulous things out there, we just have to find them

It pisses me off that NONE of the hip denim lines caters to larger sizes. Absolutely none, its downright annoying. I don't see why its so had to find a nice pair of jeans and/or why one should be stuck with limited options when there's a huge boom in denim right now.

Last edited by Luxx; 17-05-2006 at 09:19 PM.

17-05-2006
V.I.P.

I always thought that torrid was rather along the lines of HotTopic??

-and as for chanel- I have trouble believing that as Karls kind of a b*tch about "fat" people now that he's all skinny...

17-05-2006
God Save McQueen

torrid is owned by hottopic.

i should add that in addition to making their own clothes, they also carry other brands, so quality will differ. i got the "z. cavarrici" jeans from torrid, and they are decently made in my opinion

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
size, thread